mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Opinions on Bad Karma Bolt for Tipx

I recently placed an order for the Bad Karma bolt for my Tipx but it hasn't shipped yet and wanted to ask some questions in case I need to cancel my order.

1) What kind of efficiency gains could I expect off of a single 12g? Mainly a usable shot count. Plan on carrying 1 zeta, 4 7rnds.

2) Is it necessary to purchase a lighter spring for the bolt or will the stock work without problems like chops or breaks?

3) Seeing as I like to mainly use 12ies since they are easy for me to obtain, would you suggest I run a T8.1 w/ 3 mags over the my current Tipx load out for a lighter rig? Mainly just pocketing my 12gs, mags, tubes at the moment.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

I can't help you with most of your questions but I can help you with your idea to go light with a T8.1. Put simply an 8.1 with 3 mags will weigh more than your tpx, four mags and a zeta. The difficulty you face with the TPX is your rig. If done well you won't notice the weight. I currently run a T8.1 with 3 extended mags (killjoy), and its a heavy set up for a pistol. My lightest tib setup was with x3 8 round mags, one holstered, one in hand one in marker. Weight wise compared to a TPX its was still heavy.
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Stockclass player

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
The bad karma bolt is okay. I had one in my tpx. I noticed a marginal gain in efficiency at best, not enough for me to run around screaming about how good they are.

Either way it won't hurt. Some people report good gains, I never saw that dramatic increase I had read about.

Downside was using a barrel kit it would stick a little in smaller sizers, like .684 and under.

MCB Feedback
Ebay Feedback
mailmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thanks for the input guys.

Bite, how do you like the killjoy extended mags? Ever had any feed issues?

I snagged a T8.1 for a decent price so I could try it out over the Tipx and was looking to get those mags if I decide I like it more.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

WIth the Killjoy extended mags I had some initial teething issues due to user error on my part. When they come you need to check if all the screws are tightened (assuming yours are prefitted). Min were a little loose, especially on the little cross bar that sits on one side of the extension. This cause the extension to collapse as i drew it from the mag holder and inserted it into the marker. This stopped the follower from moving through the extension.
To stop this from happening I used a pair of nail clippers to wedge the two extensions apart while I tightened the hex screws on the little bar. After this I had zero problems when feeding paintballs or firststrike. I ran with three a couple of weeks back at a magfed/limited paint game and loved them. They are super heavy though but the quality is awesome.

In fact I would say its almost a shame putting them on the 2.0 tibby mags as they are so much better quality manufactured than the mags!

As a Tibby user they are a game changer and the great weather I had meant I was getting just over one and a half mags from the 12grams meaning I fired 17 paintballs, then loaded in 8, shot them (after going through another mag) and shot about 4 more. I think on a good day for a cbq game with lower than 250 FPS, depending on your markers performance, you could load 17 rounds,
then 16 rounds.

As for length? they are beastly compared to the ZEta mags but do not hinder shooting at all. Having said that prone becomes tricky!

Currently, I would say, I love them!
biteweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Good to hear!

I liked the Zeta mags, good length, good design, but just couldn't get a feel for taking the dust boot off, flipping, loading, release spring, attach dust boot blah blah blah. I think the lucky7/killjoy extended mags win me over to using a T8.1 because I can get through the entire mag without swapping co2 where I'd get one side and half the other on 1 co2 in the tipx.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Ideally you want 20 shots per 12 gram when using zeta mags. Since I doubt anyone is going to get 40 shots off of one 12 gram.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
(sort of a) Newbie

I've been running the Bad Karma bolt for a little while now and I'm pretty sure thats the reason its turned into a paint blender. I did notice a little bit of a difference for the better in efficiency. But the last game I played my TiPX chopped a round in half and I couldn't fire anything else out of it until I got home and broke it down.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Totally agree that I would like to get 20 shots from a single 12g but the tipx was only giving me around 14-15 really good shots at ~260-270+/- so it's more of a personal pref to make the transfer to the T8.1 for 17 shots(referring to using the extended mags) with a single 12g and know that as soon as I put a new mag in I'm going to still be hitting that fps. Not knocking the tipx at all though, I really do like the gun, but it started becoming cumbersome to keep track of shot counts on both my mag and my 12g.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledheplin View Post
I've been running the Bad Karma bolt for a little while now and I'm pretty sure thats the reason its turned into a paint blender. I did notice a little bit of a difference for the better in efficiency. But the last game I played my TiPX chopped a round in half and I couldn't fire anything else out of it until I got home and broke it down.
JEEEEZ....
Well I already canceled my order for the bolt and got a good deal on a T8.1 so I'm excited for it to get here. Having to take apart that clam shell, while it was fairly easy, was a p.i.t.a. when that main spring decides to go rogue. Not to mention how many times I forgot to reinstall that damn little window for the whole in the top...

Anybody have any experience with maintenance on the T8.1? How would you compare it to the maintenance on the Tipx?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms