mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

I agree CrazyBoy! The basic barrel of the T8 with it's twistlock costs about $4 more to make than an insert, why not just make a selection of sized barrels and stomp out all that useless insert melodrama!

The same applies to the T9, why not just make sized back sections!!!

I've shot the T9 both with mags and with Nitro and a Halo on and was impressed! The trigger even with it's long mechanical lever was snappy and I could fire that as fast or faster than any single trigger Mech I've owned.

I haven't bought a T9 because as those who know me acknowledge, I would take it apart into a pistol and never put it back! I've owned a TAG8 pretty much since they came out and I love it as a sidearm AND as an occasional primary(my normal primary is a modded Miltec G2 pistol). For woodsball play there are some minor improvements in the T9 pistol over the TAG8, for instance a small hole on the side to let you visually check your paint supply is ON TOP on the TAG8 which will funnel rain onto the paintball you are about to shoot next(I cover mine with scotch tape in the rain). In addition the body is milled to expose the barrel in the TAG8(NOT the T9), this also allows rain to funnel right into the body of the gun including the top of the magwell where it can cause trouble.
For the most part they're identical.

The T9 QLoader uses the lowest profile mounting spot and shortest hose of any marker I've seen:

If you REALLY wanted to ROCK, I would get a qloader and most importantly I would have a custom adapter made to fit where the buttstock goes, that was a slanted backbottle ASA for a 22ci/3000(shorter folk could go for the 13ci). This would be a rifle type marker that weighed next to nothing and would have the lowest profile you could manage.

SUPER custom(if you were going to leave it full sized), would be when Rainman makes a replacement for the magazine on the T9 that has the constant air adapter on it's back, and an Etrigger on it's front.

It seems like a versatile piece but most pballers only buy a slightly prettier, slightly faster version of the marker they were just trashing My compliments for thinking outside the box!

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

I've played with a Pulse loader on my T9 before (Yes it's overkill but oh well) and the Q-loader setup has to be one of the best loading systems I've seen for it. The only issue I've seen is that reloading times suck and the pods can really be a beast to maintain.

milsimmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Man Bunker

Send a message via Yahoo to Rogue

There are also the barrels from Hammerhead.With or Without 'suppressor.'

I have a Hammerhead on my A-5 and LOVE it. I would buy one for the Tac if I was in the market.

Wild Bunch Paintball Team

Feedback
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBoy78 View Post
The only thing I don't like about most of the barrels is that it requires you to put a tip on it cuz it's threaded. Why can't they just make an 8" barrel that you can pop in and holster as normal?
They don't require you to put something on the end of it. I took the suppressor off of mine and it works fine. It's just for looks.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Nerd=Geek

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by milsimmaniac View Post
They don't require you to put something on the end of it. I took the suppressor off of mine and it works fine. It's just for looks.
True but I'm talking more about the aesthetics of it all. Kinda ugly to see an extra bit of barrel hangin' out there all threaded. To me, it just looks incomplete.

Andry : )

Proud member of The Peacekeepers, UMSG JTF7, Rogue Cell #12 and CCABB

My Feedback Soft and Hard gear F/S! Got cigar tubes?
CrazyBoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBoy78 View Post
True but I'm talking more about the aesthetics of it all. Kinda ugly to see an extra bit of barrel hangin' out there all threaded. To me, it just looks incomplete.
I can see that point of view but I'm more of a function over form kind of guy as well.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

I WANT IT ALL!!!

It's like we say in English Setters:

"Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog!!!"

I must admit that if the T9 had smooth lines instead of all those rails and sharp angles, I would already own one. You can put a weaver rail on without all the ridiculous crosscuts. The idea of the crosscuts is so that you can adjust the position of your scope, but experienced people will realize that the scope can be slid back and forth an inch or two to accomodate this, so it's just for looks and to catch on brush and whatnot. It does after all still just fire a 200mph water balloon and not a boattail softpoint!
I think a practical design would be more like a small semi shotgun, something smooth for moving through the brush and fast shots, or better yet a T10 that looks just like an M1 carbine with a wood stock and loads the mags into a mockup of the M1 magazine. Something as purty as it is functional!

Rob

Old 01-16-2008, 09:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
better yet a T10 that looks just like an M1 carbine with a wood stock and loads the mags into a mockup of the M1 magazine. Something as purty as it is functional!
Roger that!

x100!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've thought of using the T8/T9 valve to make that RAP4 shotgun into a semi too! That would be tasty+!!!

Rob

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms