mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

AGA .62 cal

I just got a aga .62 cal pistol and want to now if any of you have converted it to shoot .68 cal balls? it doesn't look like it would be very hard to do. the only thing i see being a problem would be the valve

here is a pic
Muttly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Muttly..have you considered going in on some .62 that Xtra paintballs may make instead of converting?..........l
RealtorTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtorTommy View Post
Muttly..have you considered going in on some .62 that Xtra paintballs may make instead of converting?..........l
my friend told me that i would have to buy a pallet of balls in order to have them made. is this not true? and if so where can i buy them?
thanks
Muttly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Maybe a group of buyers from MCB should get together and pool their money and buy a big lot....anytakers?
RealtorTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

I only knew one person who ever tried it and he was not able to ever get the velocity to something that didn't make people snicker. It may have been something he did wrong, though.

Have you thought of going in the other direction?
People are converting SMG60s to fire the new .55cal PMI Sportshot Paint. By sleeving the barrels and the magazines you could tap into a ready supply of paint.

This place(I'm not recommending them, they just googled first) has the 55paint for $40 a case of 2000!
PMI SportShot Paintballs - Discount Paintball . com

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
55 vs new 62 is a dilemma I'm experiencing with my SMG right now. Xtra has indicated they're willing to produce a small run of 62 (~100 cases) at a reasonable price, however there doesn't seem to be enough interested parties right now to get things going. There's a couple threads in Dead Zone on this subject, check my post history to find them.

Originally I had planned on doing a 55 conversion, but frankly I'm a little worried that PMI is going to discontinue that caliber in the near future too, considering it isn't exactly prolific either and the best thing to come out of that line seems to be the SportShot hoppers. Then I'm stuck with a modified antique that I STILL can't use.

Probably the most stable small caliber is 50, just because there's so much blowgun paint available (Splatmatic) however from my experience with 3357s, the quality blows, making it almost not worth the effort. And converting an AGA to 50 seems kinda pointless when you could just buy a 3357.
Mayvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Talking .62 cal paint

There has to be paint available as there are still many Tippmann SMG60's out there being used. Try asking some of those guys where they get their paint

Good luck
Kevin the Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Unless someone has a hoard of "the good stuff" or a had a quiet custom run done, the last run of .62 was made circa 2002 and was more or less useless due to size issues. I've got about 750rds in a baggie that I might try out, or may just sell, since it seems way too big to fit in the stripper clips. I think a couple people on MCB (wanna say Welt and Repo?) have a big hoard of that stuff tubed up as well. It may or may not work in the AGA62.
Mayvik is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms