mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Sidearms (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sidearms/)
-   -   Tiberius Tac 8 Barrel Boring for Inserts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sidearms/30418-tiberius-tac-8-barrel-boring-inserts.html)

Carl Hungus 01-20-2008 05:18 AM

Tiberius Tac 8 Barrel Boring for Inserts

I know WWA has had mention of this on his site for a while, but is there anyone else doing work along the lines of a barrel kit, or boring out a Tac 8 barrrel to accept freaks? Would make a great gun even better, imo. Noxx, Rainman, anyone?

freedom 01-20-2008 03:04 PM

yeah, i'd be interested in this "upgrade"...

Tesko 01-22-2008 02:57 AM

Only trouble I see with that are the dual ball detent clips, wouldn't really be an issue with a properly sized insert in terms of ball roll-out. But with the tiny amount of material in those two areas, id be worried of machining that away when boring it for inserts, since it could lead to a bit of deflection.

Carl Hungus 01-22-2008 03:10 AM

You don't think you could just pop them out and have the insert slide ver the the grooves that hold them? I'm assuming that if its bored out, and detent retaining nub-like piece would get filed down. But I'm just guessing. Twinky said he's interested in checking out a Tac to do tis someday, but I'm guessing he's in the early sages with this. Haven't heard back from mOngo yet.

Does Rainman do barrel boring?

agentSmith 01-22-2008 05:39 PM

I still say it's cheaper to just make sized barrels for the TAG, instead of a complicated insert system. Someone should sell a set of plain barrels in a size range like the inserts, then just twist out your .684 barrel and slap in your .687. This would last longer, work better and cost less!

Rob

Carl Hungus 01-22-2008 11:43 PM

I agree Rob, that would really be ideal, but now it seems no one is stepping up to the plate. The email I got from Tib the other week said that their barrel kit won't be as late as 09, but its still months away. The Lapco would be cool except for the longer threads/mock supressor cosmetics. Too bad they don't understand that not everyone needs the barrel or the size of the gun to be bigger with useless add ons.

Too bad the PPS option is so pricey

agentSmith 01-23-2008 08:54 AM

HS Fireball fieldpaint(Draxxus Inferno SFX) was running .687 up until last summer when it started appearing as .684.
I can tell the difference in accuracy, so I'm just going to find a barrel the right OD and ID and hack it myself. I'm going to put my calipers to work and go browse my local PB store.

I will update if I find any cheap candidates for sacrifice.

Rob

Phantom Power 01-23-2008 01:26 PM

Lapco Microshots have a .684 bore. They're also relatively inexpensive.

Heebs 01-23-2008 07:01 PM

Lapco only sells their big shot (according to the website) which is a .689 bore and has that stupid fake suppressor on it.

pizzaluvr 01-23-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heebs (Post 296168)
Lapco only sells their big shot (according to the website) which is a .689 bore and has that stupid fake suppressor on it.

He was talking about hacking one up to fit it.