mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Problem with a mech ion.

I have a problem with my mech ion, that i havent been able to fix since it was flawlessly working in february.
The gist of the problem is; it shoots, but recocks very slowly. (a second or two)
I have two bolts, both of them when aired up, go to a closed position, and attempts to reset, work only on one, the other one starts leaking from the barrel. Ive inspected all the orings, and applied decent amounts of lube. The problem persists.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Are you using a QEV or a regular banjo on the front air port? Could be a stuck/leaky QEV, or possibly the SMAV itself. I'm assuming there aren't any kinks in the hoses or anything?
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Are you using a QEV or a regular banjo on the front air port? Could be a stuck/leaky QEV, or possibly the SMAV itself. I'm assuming there aren't any kinks in the hoses or anything?
Heh, you've just solved an issue, that no tech at yesterday's Viper event was willing to touch, and a team that uses heavily modified SP-1 for several years, was stupefied as to the reason...

Anyhow the QEV is fine, the SMAV is fine, just the line between the 3 way and the SMAV slightly slipped of the SMAV and was randomly pinching an leaking.
Now the question, a newer piece of the line wont slip off the barb? The old one sits on the 3way barb really tight (i think ill have to cut it, to get it off) but slips easily off the SMAV barb.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Hm, interesting.... No real idea what could cause that, unless you've pulled it off and reinstalled it a few times? That's the only thing I could think of...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think the reason, is probably that february game. It was about -24c, the temp changes of getting it out there, and then back into warmth, might have loosened/softened that hose.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Smart Parts / GOG