mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
engineer minded
 
Vitalsilence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012

Ion Old grip frame new power tube?

So my question is with all the old aftermarket grip frames the ion had can I use them with the new power tubes and say an extcy body? I guess my main question will the trigger fit and an actuate the micro switch ok?
__________________
Ebay Feedback %100 positive
MCB feedback
PBNation Feedback
IOG
Also on customcockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Some people are penny wise, and dollar foolish.
Vitalsilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive
 
PistolRogue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jackson, NJ
Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

ION frames will bolt up but you have to use an ion board as well. The newer GOG boards that mount horizontally won't fit because the top of the frame isn't milled out for them.
__________________
Jay AKA Rogue Reservoir Dogs Scenario Paintball Team- Our $#&* is RIGOROUS!
My Gear For SALE!
Check Out My Mod Threads : Pirate DSG - SA17 Mods - Simple/Cheap/Free TPX Mods - The 'Big Damn Hero' DRV
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
engineer minded
 
Vitalsilence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
ION frames will bolt up but you have to use an ion board as well. The newer GOG boards that mount horizontally won't fit because the top of the frame isn't milled out for them.
So if I milled it out or made a manifold would the trigger be in the right position to hit the micro switch?
__________________
Ebay Feedback %100 positive
MCB feedback
PBNation Feedback
IOG
Also on customcockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Some people are penny wise, and dollar foolish.
Vitalsilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive
 
PistolRogue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jackson, NJ
Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I don't know if they're wide enough to mill out at all actually, but if it is as long as you use the extcy trigger everything should mate up. All the critical dimensions of the frame are the same with regards to trigger location and spacing. You might have to bend the tab on the microswitch but other than that I don't think you'll have any trouble.
__________________
Jay AKA Rogue Reservoir Dogs Scenario Paintball Team- Our $#&* is RIGOROUS!
My Gear For SALE!
Check Out My Mod Threads : Pirate DSG - SA17 Mods - Simple/Cheap/Free TPX Mods - The 'Big Damn Hero' DRV
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
engineer minded
 
Vitalsilence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I don't know if they're wide enough to mill out at all actually, but if it is as long as you use the extcy trigger everything should mate up. All the critical dimensions of the frame are the same with regards to trigger location and spacing. You might have to bend the tab on the microswitch but other than that I don't think you'll have any trouble.
Hhmmmmm if I can find a cheap frame I try it and then use the aftermarket frame after I see it work. I would just really love to use a v2 element frame
__________________
Ebay Feedback %100 positive
MCB feedback
PBNation Feedback
IOG
Also on customcockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Some people are penny wise, and dollar foolish.
Vitalsilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Smart Parts / GOG

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC