mcarterbrown.com

Old 07-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I used a Primo in my initial eNMEy review/test. It's a fine hopper, but NOT on a spoolie. A Spyder or Tippy, something with enough recoil to jostle the balls around, sure. It works great. The eNMEy is WAY too smooth, though. You're going to be shaking it constantly, and missing easy kills for lack of a ball in the chamber. Hell, my Revy won't even keep up with it.
If you hate batteries that much, that's your choice. Me? A 9V is a small price to pay to ensure the gun shoots every time.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com

Last edited by Murf425; 07-11-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
engineer minded

Never really thought about the recoil of the gun helping the loader.
IOG
Also on customcockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Some people are penny wise, and dollar foolish.
Vitalsilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Yeah. No way in hell you're going to get the advertised steady and reliable flow of paint with that gun/hopper combo. It's no better or worse than a VL200.

www.teamontargetpb.com
Old 07-06-2013, 02:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
Yeah. No way in hell you're going to get the advertised steady and reliable flow of paint with that gun/hopper combo. It's no better or worse than a VL200.
Ahem.

Some daft fellow here on MCB nearly two years ago to the day had way too much time on his hands and did a fairly extensive set of tests on the Primo.

It is no better or worse than a VL200 only in terms of how many batteries and much paint it will hold. In terms of form and function, the two have little in common.

It is now a permanent fixture in my gear bag, and is the exclusive go-to spare when the tech fails.

The Primo does seem finicky in some cases. Your experience clearly demonstrates this. But then again, if you are capable of actually out-shooting a properly functioning revy then you evidently have an incomprehensibly fast trigger finger.

In that case, it is hardly surprising that you would be dissatisfied with the Primo. I would be as well.

But probably most of the rest of us can't outshoot a revy with a single finger, and probably a lot of folk can't outshoot one with two fingers, which puts the Primo in our ballpark.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I can shoot my enmey at 10-14bps without issue. Im considering getting a "non battery" hopper for my loaner. Now I dont think anyone I would bring who needs to borrow a marker would be shooting that fast but I wouldnt want them to short stroke the enmey with a non force feed hopper causing them to break paint. Id also like to know how well it holds up to the speed and little shake the enmey offers.

Ill be watching this for the "results".

Edit: Ill see if I can hit the field tomorrow to double check this as my hand chrono doesnt count BPS. I know ive hit 8 without issue and even climbed higher than that. "fanning" I've hit much higher(14IIRC) but thats just to see if I could get it to "choke" and not cycle properly; which in turn it did not miss a beat. Sort of the reason I bought a second one as a backup.

Ive had quite a few Electro wielding players in shock at how fast I can send paint back at them and are baffled that im shooting a semi/mech. Ive convinced 3 or 4 people that they need one as backup or just for rec play as these can send some paint quickly if you really want them too.

I have to admit I do hold it rather awkwardly sometimes though but then again I do that with most things (I skateboard..well use to, in "goofy" style etc etc)

MCB FEEDBACK

4G010H3R0'S WTB THREAD

Facebook Page

Last edited by 4G010H3R0; 07-06-2013 at 08:54 PM.
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

At this point I have to ask whether anyone has posted a shooting video with this kind of speed actually clocked.

And I'm not talking about feathering/fanning the trigger, since that can be done to produce extraordinarily high ROF on most mech markers.

Have seen some shooting vids of the EnMey, and indeed it is impressively quick, but every time the rate really climbs into super-revy territory, the shooter is fanning.

Most people holding the marker in a normal grip and pulling the trigger in a normal way cannot get to 8 bps, let alone 9, etc. I've seen one or two vids wherein the shooter of an EnMey was hitting around what I would guess to be in the [Edit] 8-9 range, which is very impressive.

But 9 or even 10 is not enough to outshoot a Revy.

And when I hear 14 bps, which is what we are talking about, I'm skeptical. Consider: that would translate to 28bps walking a trigger.

I'm certainly not denying the possibility; I'm just asking for the evidence necessary for me to believe it.

Last edited by Menace; 07-07-2013 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Rechecked sources
Old 07-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

The shooting video in my original review doesnt have a clock, but it very audibly outruns the Primo several times.

www.teamontargetpb.com
Old 07-07-2013, 03:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
The shooting video in my original review doesnt have a clock, but it very audibly outruns the Primo several times.
I concur, but this thread seems to have split into two strands, one pertaining to the Primo, which was OP/Henchman's question, and the other pertaining to the Revy.

Concerning the first, OP's question is whether the Primo "can keep up with a fast shooting Enmey".

My answer, with hard numbers from my testing, is (for the most part) yes, unless one could outshoot a Revy. But this comes with an asterisk.

Gravity loaders aren't consistent. The Primo is light years better than the VL200, and demonstrably so, which is why I love it and keep one in the bag at all times as a spare. But it is still a grav loader.

The Primo (in my tests) feeds at an average rate of 8.179 bps, which is faster than most people can shoot a single trigger using a normal grip, and can feed in bursts of up to 12.9 seconds, well beyond (argues me) any normal human finger actuating a single trigger from a normal grip.

But averages mean averages. So if the high is 12.9, and the average 8.179, then the low is, well, unimpressive.

This means that on some occasions it will be easy indeed to outshoot a Primo. I've done it with a classic mag, and seen others do it with the lowly 98C.

I'm sure it could be outshot by a pump under certain conditions. Again, it's a grav loader. So my beef is not with the EnMey outshooting the Primo, though this should not put OP off from getting one. They are fantastic.

My beef lies in the claim that an EnMey, actuated by a single finger firing from a normal grip, could outshoot a PROPERLY FUNCTIONING Revy. This is the second strand of the thread.

I could grant it possible, albeit singularly rare, to shoot even up to 10 bps in such a manner. This would be an absolute freak of a trigger finger, but it is conceivable. Dubious, but conceivable.

But to shoot the 14bps needed to outpace a Revy?

This seems humanly impossible. Gotta see it, and the clock that timed it.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Tried the primo today in the backyard. I think it's going to be fine for me.
I like the less weight. I'll use it next sunday.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I'm not, and never have been the proof guy. All I know is that dry fires with my eNMEy and a Revy with fresh batteries, using a single finger, very commonly dry fires, forcing me to wait for the impeller to kick on and load another stack. Believe me or don't; makes no difference to me.

www.teamontargetpb.com

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Smart Parts / GOG