mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Smart Parts / GOG (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/smart-parts-gog/)
-   -   What makes the L6 perform better than other bolts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/smart-parts-gog/237227-what-makes-l6-perform-better-than-other-bolts.html)

henchman 07-07-2013 11:37 PM

What makes the L6 perform better than other bolts
 
I have tried numerous bolts, and the L6 is the only bolt that gives a significant efficiency boost. All the others actually showed a significant efficiency drop.
The shocktech super fly bolt has the same efficiency as a stock bolt.

Why is that?
And is there a mod that can be done to the superfly bolt that would make it more efficient?

This is for an Enmey

Frizzle Fry 07-07-2013 11:42 PM

Lightest weight and dual tail o-rings?

I've had the best luck with my L7.

henchman 07-07-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry (Post 2752078)
Lightest weight and dual tail o-rings?

I've had the best luck with my L7.


I forgot to mention, this is for an Enmey.

PistolRogue 07-07-2013 11:47 PM

It most likely has more to do with the size and shape of the porting than anything else, but I'm not exactly an expert in fluid dynamics.

desertT1 07-09-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PistolRogue (Post 2752082)
It most likely has more to do with the size and shape of the porting than anything else, but I'm not exactly an expert in fluid dynamics.

I agree. The weight will play a role, but there are several lighter bolts that do not change the FPS of the ball. The most efficient airpath will have the highest FPS compared to the others (in a nutshell) and it looks like the L6 is the winner.

Frizzle Fry 07-09-2013 03:14 PM

Which bolts are lighter than the L6?

nofxkid2005 07-09-2013 03:27 PM

L7 or possibly the DW Hollow Point bolt

Frizzle Fry 07-09-2013 03:35 PM

The L7 and Hollowpoint are both tailess, which makes them nonfunctional when installed in an Enemy, but in an Ion both are more efficient.

The only dual tail I've ever encountered that weighed less than the L6 was the NDZ Skeleton bolt, which is also more efficient. There are plenty of bolts with single tail o-rings that weigh less (Firebolt, AKM V1, Lucky V1, Orange V3) but they don't stack up, and I don't believe there's a lighter one out there.

henchman 07-09-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry (Post 2753526)
The L7 and Hollowpoint are both tailess, which makes them nonfunctional when installed in an Enemy, but in an Ion both are more efficient.

The only dual tail I've ever encountered that weighed less than the L6 was the NDZ Skeleton bolt, which is also more efficient. There are plenty of bolts with single tail o-rings that weigh less (Firebolt, AKM V1, Lucky V1, Orange V3) but they don't stack up, and I don't believe there's a lighter one out there.

I tried the skeleton bolt. Yes, it was light, but I saw a drastic efficiency drop in the Enmey.

Frizzle Fry 07-09-2013 04:08 PM

Are you sure it's a real skeleton? There is an odd-generation bolt that was basically an old-stock Equalizer Pro but with window milling in the middle and a second tail o-ring added, and it weighs closer to 19.5g rather than the 11.5g of the true Skeleton bolt. The best way to tell them apart is to count the windows.

Granted, I did my testing on an Ion not an Enmey, but I found that the Skeleton was slightly more efficient than the L6, but that both were miles ahead of any bolt with a tail. I opted to install L7s on all of my markers because they were the 2nd best overall and I could afford that many Orange bolts (or find them for that matter).


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC