mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

both of those o-rings are almost brand new (only 2 cases of paint through them), although the SFT o-ring is 70 Durometer instead of 90 durometer, which I changed in attempt to de-bug this problem. I will try switching back to the 90-duro SFT o-ring.

MCB Feedback
sdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via Yahoo to wd3d

OK, shouldn't be an too m uch of an issue then. Did I read that you were using one of the bolts that have the rubber tip on it? IF so have you tried with a different bolt?. I am wondering if the tip is catching on the orings
wd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've been using the Deadlywind Hollowpoint bolt, the version with a rubber nose, and also a Redz bolt I got on e-bay that has no such rubber tip. Both exhibit this problem, so I think I can rule that factor out.

MCB Feedback
Old 05-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

does it do it with the barrel removed? If it does, I am out of ideas
Old 05-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

You know what, I do not think it ever has. it could just be the tip of the bolt getting stuck in the barrel every once in a while. I've had that problem with the deadlywind bolt, but only when I use a real small barrel bore size, like below 680 (the OD of that bolt's nose/tip is 680).

MCB Feedback
Old 05-19-2014, 06:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

That was what I was thinking, I run into that especially on the pump ions
Old 05-19-2014, 07:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Oof, if that is problem, I may be SOL. A lot of the paint I have been getting lately (GI 3-star) is sub .684. If I use a bigger barrel bore, I have trouble getting the paint above 260fps, which would be fine for rec ball, not so good when I play in tournament practice at X-Factor Paintball Park.

I used a 693 all american barrel two weekends ago (couldn't consistently shoot above 270FPS), and I had this problem, but I attributed it to the bolt bumper getting stuck/shredding due to the QEV making the bolt move too fast. I've since removed the QEV in favor of the stock banjo fitting, but I still had this problem a couple of times yesterday (out of ~2000 shots, not a major problem, though). There was no bolt bumper shredding this time (that I could see).

MCB Feedback
Old 05-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

[QUOTE=sdawg;2960866]Thanks, I've practically memorized the Ion sections on the zdspb.com site.

The Hollowpoint is a version 2 with the rubber nose. I've given up on using a QEV, because I feel, after all these years, the problems a QEV potentially causes on an Ion outweigh any marginal benefits (I don't need to shoot faster, and I don't care about efficiency as much as I used to).

I have spring detents (New Designz).

I've got the same setup with the exception of the breech which is a NDZ Cocker breech without major issues after I got it to tune
I've stopped using QEVs myself,agree the cost\benefit is marginal,one more fussy part to maintain
I had heard and using a QEV takes out the antichop feature,I've semi confirmed this while feeding First Strikes and accidentally underboring.
The round got stuck on the Freak insert,bolt(L7) reset than fired a few times untill the round pushed past the eyes then wouldn't cycle
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawg View Post
You know what, I do not think it ever has. it could just be the tip of the bolt getting stuck in the barrel every once in a while. I've had that problem with the deadlywind bolt, but only when I use a real small barrel bore size, like below 680 (the OD of that bolt's nose/tip is 680).
If this is your problem you can always just slide an o-ring over the barrel threads to where it meets the regular barrel. Screw it in tight and the compressed o-ring keeps the barrel in place. Simple but who knows
Old 05-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

It appears that the problem may somehow be the Virtue board. Since I have ruled out almost every other part and never had its problem when I used an APE rampage board, I've ordered a Tadao board to see if that solves the problem.

MCB Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Smart Parts / GOG