| ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|06-29-2014, 05:01 PM||#15 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Uncasville, CT
So am I to assume that it works like an Autococker type closed-bolt setup where you hold the bolt open with the trigger and it resets on release? Like the opposite of how it works now then?
That is way rad.
|06-29-2014, 05:16 PM||#16 (permalink)|
ur my sister
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St Louis
that's how the kit worked on the old ion. it came with a separate tail piece that had a valve and small hose running to it. not sure how they would set up the enmey for that and still use the bolt out the back body. yoda says there is a way to make it a totally sleeper enmey with the hoses hidden.
God created Police so Firemen would have HEROES
In God we trust, everyone else gets searched
9mm will make you weak!
CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
|06-29-2014, 09:53 PM||#18 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Plattsburgh, NY
I'm still working on getting it wrapped up, it is not a dead project. I have 50 that have been machined, but I need to do some troubleshooting on it for reliability and I think a minor machining modification - just been very slow going as the day job keeps me gone from home for 60 hours a week at a minimum and lately closer to 70.
Instead of routing the air to the outside of the body, there is room to keep it internal by cutting a groove through the top of the frame where it meets the body and cutting a small portion of the bottom of the body out where it meets the frame. There is a spacer that goes between the body and the back piece that the air that controls the firing action connects to instead of straight out the back.
When I had them machined I did the prints based on sections generated from the 3D files, but added some of the features manually because I did not like the way that AutoCAD displayed the features once the prints were generated. Due to that, I had removed an air hole in the model to improve the quality of the prints. When the machinist asked for the solid models, I had forgotten to add that feature back in, and had to add it myself once it got back to me. I drilled the missing hole, ran a flex hone through the bore, and tossed it in an ultrasonic cleaner to clean up the cutting fluids. My father has a bottle of aluminum specific cleaner for the ultrasonic - problem being that it apparently does not like anodizing and the modified part came out of the bath half stripped and generally looking like crap. This is the absolutely necessary step.
Aside from that, a sharp edge on the firing piston did not like an o-ring, and that has been corrected. I think that the piston may also benefit from being turned down slightly to a smaller diameter to reduce friction and let it open faster. Once I'm comfortable with any and all changes that need to be made (which I believe is limited to reducing the diameter of the firing piston and possibly another run through the rear piece with a flex hone or potentially a reamer) I will re-anodize the back cap and they will be available.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|