mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #11381 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I don't mind deleting quotes as long as I keep the original. Just don't delete all quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #11382 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I don't mind deleting quotes as long as I keep the original. Just don't delete all quotes.
it drives me crazy when people delete the quotes after every message.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #11383 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
After every message, YES! God do I hate that. After you've got a crap tons of quotes and you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see two sentences, it's time to trim the fat.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #11384 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
After every message, YES! God do I hate that. After you've got a crap tons of quotes and you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see two sentences, it's time to trim the fat.
i never delete them in messages about B/S/T deals. i like to keep everything for my records until the deal is complete
Old 02-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #11385 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
It's worse on a small screen. I do a lot on my itouch and with it sideways you only get a little screen that isn't keyboard. scrolling to the bottom to insert your response. I've started to do one of my pet peeves and just going to the top, adding two lines and typing my message at the top. I hate doing that because it can mess up the continuity or the message, but if you do it right away the whole message exchange will go that way.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #11386 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH View Post
i never delete them in messages about B/S/T deals. i like to keep everything for my records until the deal is complete
Yep!

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #11387 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
It's worse on a small screen. I do a lot on my itouch and with it sideways you only get a little screen that isn't keyboard. scrolling to the bottom to insert your response. I've started to do one of my pet peeves and just going to the top, adding two lines and typing my message at the top. I hate doing that because it can mess up the continuity or the message, but if you do it right away the whole message exchange will go that way.
i always put my reply at the bottom. idk why tho. lol
Old 02-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #11388 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
I do too, but it's such a PITA to scroll to the bottom on the touch. I can do it now because I figured out a way to 'walk' my thumbs to get the scroll to work. What used to happen with the two finger scroll was it would move a few lines, but then read that I had hit the top bar, which in case you don't know (and I learned on accident) is a 'go to top' type of command. Great feature, unless I want to be at the bottom of the message quotes. I used to be on my laptop a lot, but now I use the touch and know right away when I get a PM because of the chime from my email. I don't have a smart phone, so this is a new-ish experience for me.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #11389 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
I try not, but there have been times when the person I'm dealing with goes on and on and on and on about nonsense. Those, I typically trim down to the last message sent, so something is still quoted. But, I keep all of my PMs until the deal is done. I usually wait until my message box is around 1200 or so and then go through and clean it out and leave feedback, etc

Quote:
I use my iPhone a lot for MCB and this is what I do. Start at the top, hit return twice and go back to the top.

Quote:
I do if I'm on my computer.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #11390 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
I do too, but it's such a PITA to scroll to the bottom on the touch. I can do it now because I figured out a way to 'walk' my thumbs to get the scroll to work. What used to happen with the two finger scroll was it would move a few lines, but then read that I had hit the top bar, which in case you don't know (and I learned on accident) is a 'go to top' type of command. Great feature, unless I want to be at the bottom of the message quotes. I used to be on my laptop a lot, but now I use the touch and know right away when I get a PM because of the chime from my email. I don't have a smart phone, so this is a new-ish experience for me.
i couldent handle getting on here on anything but an actuall computer.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast