mcarterbrown.com

Old 02-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #11681 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Yeah, I've noticed that too. That's why I'm keeping my eyes open for just the right deal on a clean used TPX. I know I'm going to have to bite the bullet on new 7 shot mags or wait until later in the year when everyone decides pistol isn't for them.
I'm going to contact them and see about swapping out some of the 8 rounders for 7 rounders. I want to say that they'll exchange 2 per address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
I have a TPX with 2 mags coming to me in a trade. I'm wanting to give it a try running a remote, so I already have the adapter here waiting for when it shows up. I'm betting that if I like it I will end up with 8 mags or so. I want to try to get it to shoot FS rounds as well.

For you guys that have them already, when you have a mag in and you dump it before it's empty, what happens? If it just drops the one in front of the bolt that would be cool. If not my idea of having a single FS loaded mag and just dropping that in when needed might not work out so well.
I just got one this week w/ a whole bunch of stuff including 8 mags. 3 tru feed and 5 standard.

I did a review of the TPX when they first came out and when you eject it, it does drop the ball if you give it a little shake. The detente has a habit of holding it in, but barely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #11682 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Thanks CD. I think I could come up with an acceptable sequence for going between the two. EDIT: Forgot, can you shoot it without a mag in there? Drop the mag, shoot remaining ball, insert and remove FS mag, shoot. Repeat the FS mag process until you get the guy and then go back to regular paint.

I think they will swap two mags per serial number. I remember reading that, pretty sure it was on their site.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #11683 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Thanks CD. I think I could come up with an acceptable sequence for going between the two.

I think they will swap two mags per serial number. I remember reading that, pretty sure it was on their site.
I know I've shot not quite a full mag, dropped the mag and the one in the "chamber" stayed. This seemed to work better with the 7 rounders since they feed better. Of course, I was practicing w/ reballs so I'm not sure how real paint will fare.

How do you prove serial number? Pictures or you just tell them?

Quote:
Old 02-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #11684 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I know I've shot not quite a full mag, dropped the mag and the one in the "chamber" stayed. This seemed to work better with the 7 rounders since they feed better. Of course, I was practicing w/ reballs so I'm not sure how real paint will fare.

How do you prove serial number? Pictures or you just tell them?
I think people were crushing paint this way. I will experiment a little and find a good setup. I might put 7 in my 8's just in case I ever run into this. I have some crazy old paint that is for testing only. I'll use that since it's not the easiest to break at this point.

Dunno, maybe you need the card that came with it if it had the specific serial printed on the card. I'm not overly concerned over here. One thing I don't miss about that area is the humidity. It may melt tires out here, but it's a 'dry' heat

Quote:
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
Old 02-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #11685 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
I think people were crushing paint this way. I will experiment a little and find a good setup. I might put 7 in my 8's just in case I ever run into this. I have some crazy old paint that is for testing only. I'll use that since it's not the easiest to break at this point.

Dunno, maybe you need the card that came with it if it had the specific serial printed on the card. I'm not overly concerned over here. One thing I don't miss about that area is the humidity. It may melt tires out here, but it's a 'dry' heat
That may work. I loaded the 7 rounders with Reballs and they feed great, yet when I only put 7 into the 8 round mags, they don't feed at all. It may have to do with the fact that reballs are kinda rubberish and sticky.

I may buy two 7 round mags, then sell two 8 round mags. Do that until I replace all of my 8 rounders.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #11686 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
That may work. I loaded the 7 rounders with Reballs and they feed great, yet when I only put 7 into the 8 round mags, they don't feed at all. It may have to do with the fact that reballs are kinda rubberish and sticky.

I may buy two 7 round mags, then sell two 8 round mags. Do that until I replace all of my 8 rounders.
Hit me up when you do that. I might be looking for some more and if the 8's work well out here I'll pick up some more. That is, of course, unless one of your local guys doesn't want them also.

Quote:
Feedback
Old 02-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #11687 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Hit me up when you do that. I might be looking for some more and if the 8's work well out here I'll pick up some more. That is, of course, unless one of your local guys doesn't want them also.
I'll do that man! I don't really have any local guys

Quote:
Old 02-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #11688 (permalink)
I've been around

CCM Fan
Quote:
I just got one this week w/ a whole bunch of stuff including 8 mags. 3 tru feed and 5 standard.
would you be able to take a size comparison pic of the tpx.?.

M3r(uRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #11689 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
What do you want it compared to?

Quote:
Old 02-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #11690 (permalink)
TomCross

I'll be the first to bail on XPX this month, more than a week in advance. I'm using my budgeted paintball money to drive out to CFP this weekend to take photos of the college tournament. I've budgeted $15 in gas for round trip to XPX, $15 entry because I was bringing field paint from last time, and another $10 for food and water for the day. The round trip to CFP is $30 in gas and $10 for food. Sorry folks!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast