mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #11781 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Tom, on my phone at the lake house 20 min outside Gainsville so I'll look at the pics later. Spent one game taking pics. You're right though, woods and Semi woods fields aren't real conducive to decent pics. To many dang trees.

Anyhow, can someone explain the difference between a PM and a DM? Also, I thought I heard the '06s had issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #11782 (permalink)
Shameless CCM convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Tom, on my phone at the lake house 20 min outside Gainsville so I'll look at the pics later. Spent one game taking pics. You're right though, woods and Semi woods fields aren't real conducive to decent pics. To many dang trees.

Anyhow, can someone explain the difference between a PM and a DM? Also, I thought I heard the '06s had issues.
There's very little difference from what I've heard. I had two people yesterday tell me that their PM "x" shot the same if not better than their DM "x" considering the huge price difference. a PM8 went for $750 IIRC a few years ago and it's better liked brother, the DM8 sold for double that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Frag View Post
This is a common misconception. The marker in question is actually from a limited run that WGP produced to try using the little finger as the firing finger to promote digital ambidexterity. Unfortunately, the gravity inverter needed to feed paintballs was sold separately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers
I play pump because I'm a masochistic bastard who gets his jollies from being outgunned but not outplayed.
ASKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #11783 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
the big difference is Pms and Dms is the eyes and the frames.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #11784 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKA View Post
Yeah I'll hit you up alex when I do.
sounds good to me. i havent played electro is a long time.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #11785 (permalink)
TomCross

Quote:

Cool, hope you're having fun and can't wait to see the photos even if you don't like them. Woods photos is probably an art of it's own because it's more about the subliminal moment rather than obvious action, John is good at those photos because of his desert experience, you might be too. I'm too picky about what I want from my photos. I refused to shoot into the sun and the shadows were irritating, there was a huge tree shadowing the center of the field for me. What guns did you bring for your paintball extravaganza?
Old 02-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #11786 (permalink)
Shameless CCM convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH View Post
sounds good to me. i havent played electro is a long time.
What field are you thinking about?

Quote:
This is a common misconception. The marker in question is actually from a limited run that WGP produced to try using the little finger as the firing finger to promote digital ambidexterity. Unfortunately, the gravity inverter needed to feed paintballs was sold separately.
Quote:
I play pump because I'm a masochistic bastard who gets his jollies from being outgunned but not outplayed.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:18 PM   #11787 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCross View Post
Cool, hope you're having fun and can't wait to see the photos even if you don't like them. Woods photos is probably an art of it's own because it's more about the subliminal moment rather than obvious action, John is good at those photos because of his desert experience, you might be too. I'm too picky about what I want from my photos. I refused to shoot into the sun and the shadows were irritating, there was a huge tree shadowing the center of the field for me. What guns did you bring for your paintball extravaganza?
I had a blast. My biggest issue was te fact that I couldn't get a good angle with two or three trees being in the shot. Plus, due to the field layout, I was stuck to one side and couldn't really get out there to take the pics.

I'll clean 'em up when I get home. Also got a couple of the moon I really like. It was big and bright from the dock.

As for guns, I used the TPX, the T2, the RTP Intimidator and the Hurricane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #11788 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
What field are you thinking about?
anywhere really. mainly want to play airball tho. i thought about cfp but idk how easy it is to walk on without a team. i know there are basically no airball games on saturday and sunday is team practice day. i dont really know of any other fields so im open to suggestiosn
Old 02-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #11789 (permalink)
Shameless CCM convert

The dudes that scrim at PBworld are usually over at around 2pm and they close at 12 AM(they've got lights) on saturdays. Sundays are usually for walkons so I think if we do try out PBworld, we'll go on a sunday.

Maybe Addiction, I dunno.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #11790 (permalink)
I've been around

CCM Fan
Quote:

Quote:
There's very little difference from what I've heard. I had two people yesterday tell me that their PM "x" shot the same if not better than their DM "x" considering the huge price difference. a PM8 went for $750 IIRC a few years ago and it's better liked brother, the DM8 sold for double that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH View Post
the big difference is Pms and Dms is the eyes and the frames.

this is all very true, though DMs were closer to 1200 than 1500, Basically PMx = DMx-1... and for quite awhile PMs didnt come with an ul frame... then there is the board/eyes DMs use wired eye PMs ribbon eyes... and when you get above DM6 DMs use an eyepipe system... also DM 6,7 & 8s had an air flow on/off plug, that was dumb and usually replaced with a CP constant flow plug... but the diff between a PM8UL and DM7, nothing worth the price IMO

Last edited by M3r(uRy; 02-20-2011 at 08:20 PM.
M3r(uRy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast