mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #15531 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zondo View Post
Sweet! And if things go the way you want, you'll have money in your PP account burning a hole in your e-wallet
My offer of $287.32 could still be yours, Pat...

And no joke that hocket stuff is expensive. I broke my stick a few weeks ago and had to get another one. Figured it would be like $50... $150 later I have a new stick.
lab79rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #15532 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan

I know you're smart but your maff skills are horrible!

There was one stick that was $239!!!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #15533 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
I do that too, but then sticker shock sets in if I see it/touch it in person, Like last night, at the hockey pro shop I saw the stick I wanted, but it said $99. So I asked the guy where the poor man's section was, and he showed me the lowest price stick was $59.99. I picked it up, and put it right back down.
Was that $60 for a low end one-piece? I really haven't looked at any new sticks in a long time since mine are holding steady. I wouldn't even look at those since they will not last long if they are in fact 'cheap' one-piece sticks. I actually prefer the feel of a high end shaft with a wooden blade, with the blade having an ABS strip at the bottom if I can find one in a pattern I like. I'm no superstar, but played AAA Midget once upon a time, and saw the very first Easton Synergy being debuted. I like them (high end one-pieces) but have never been able to take a slap shot with them and I play all positions, so sometimes you need a slapshot in the bag. Great, now I want to play...

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #15534 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Was that $60 for a low end one-piece? I really haven't looked at any new sticks in a long time since mine are holding steady. I wouldn't even look at those since they will not last long if they are in fact 'cheap' one-piece sticks. I actually prefer the feel of a high end shaft with a wooden blade, with the blade having an ABS strip at the bottom if I can find one in a pattern I like. I'm no superstar, but played AAA Midget once upon a time, and saw the very first Easton Synergy being debuted. I like them (high end one-pieces) but have never been able to take a slap shot with them and I play all positions, so sometimes you need a slapshot in the bag. Great, now I want to play...
Yeah it was the "lowest" one piece they had in stock, made by Tron which I hear is a low end brand name belonging to Reebok.

I have my two Easton Ultra-lites from the late 90's but the blades are in bad shape. I was going to get a new blade, but the composite blades were $40! So I was thinking for another $20 it would be worth getting a whole new stick. So after shaking my head, I just walked out and figured I would look online.

So far I've spent $120 on a new helmet/cage, but to me that is money well spent. I still need new wheels or skates, and new pants/girdle. Thank goodness for gainful employment!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Quote:
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #15535 (permalink)

Quote:

I know you're smart but your maff skills are horrible!

There was one stick that was $239!!!
It's not my "maff" skills, it's my jedi-like negotiation skillz. $287.32 is a fine offer.

In all seriousness, if/when you decide to sell, we can discuss "real" numbers.
lab79rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #15536 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Yeah it was the "lowest" one piece they had in stock, made by Tron which I hear is a low end brand name belonging to Reebok.

I have my two Easton Ultra-lites from the late 90's but the blades are in bad shape. I was going to get a new blade, but the composite blades were $40! So I was thinking for another $20 it would be worth getting a whole new stick. So after shaking my head, I just walked out and figured I would look online.

So far I've spent $120 on a new helmet/cage, but to me that is money well spent. I still need new wheels or skates, and new pants/girdle. Thank goodness for gainful employment!
This is for roller? I play both (although not all that often for either) and I would never recommend a variety of things. Please don't feel that this is me talking down to anyone, just an attempt to help from my experience. Anything low end is going to be a 'composite' which in hockey, means fiberglass. Yes it is cheap, and decently light, but has horrible durability.

I used to use those Ultra Lite shafts, but they only came in a 100 or higher flex and I like whippy sticks (and I'm not really very big) so I moved to the Z-bubble with an 85. I have some amazing sticks and one shaft that I love. If this one ever breaks I don't know what I'll do. It's a Brett Hull model. Not a marketing thing, his actual stick. It's an Ultra Lite in an 80 flex, wrapped in the silver 'Z-bubble grip' graphics and coating. Absolute rocket launcher from the point.

Anyway, I would go to a Big 5 or Sports Authority to see if they have any blades that are all wood, except for a thin strip of ABS at the bottom, maybe 1/4" thick. Don't get a full ABS blade. No response, no feel, and really heavy. I just searched through several online retailers and Easton's site and it looks like they aren't making that exact model anymore, but if you can find some, pick them up. I don't like full kevlar/graphite blades because the resin isn't designed for roller courts and wears too quickly, especially if you are using a high end one-piece.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #15537 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
This is for roller? I play both (although not all that often for either) and I would never recommend a variety of things. Please don't feel that this is me talking down to anyone, just an attempt to help from my experience. Anything low end is going to be a 'composite' which in hockey, means fiberglass. Yes it is cheap, and decently light, but has horrible durability.

I used to use those Ultra Lite shafts, but they only came in a 100 or higher flex and I like whippy sticks (and I'm not really very big) so I moved to the Z-bubble with an 85. I have some amazing sticks and one shaft that I love. If this one ever breaks I don't know what I'll do. It's a Brett Hull model. Not a marketing thing, his actual stick. It's an Ultra Lite in an 80 flex, wrapped in the silver 'Z-bubble grip' graphics and coating. Absolute rocket launcher from the point.

Anyway, I would go to a Big 5 or Sports Authority to see if they have any blades that are all wood, except for a thin strip of ABS at the bottom, maybe 1/4" thick. Don't get a full ABS blade. No response, no feel, and really heavy. I just searched through several online retailers and Easton's site and it looks like they aren't making that exact model anymore, but if you can find some, pick them up. I don't like full kevlar/graphite blades because the resin isn't designed for roller courts and wears too quickly, especially if you are using a high end one-piece.
Oh I am in the heavy, less flex sticks school of thought. I had an Ultra-Lite that was an 85 flex and man that was like whipping around a wet noodle! Both in golf and hockey, I prefer a stiff shaft (this is going to get quoted, I can only imagine! ).

Now I did have a really nice Easton aluminum (I can't remember the name) that I got from Chris Gratton when he played for the Lighting way back when. It was awesome, but I hate the way the shaft tapered into a concave shape in the middle of the shaft. It actually hurt my hand!

There isn't much ice hockey in this area, so unfortunately not one of the big box sports stores sells any hockey equipment period. I was looking online too, so I might place an order online.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #15538 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Quote:
SMH. Isn't he the same guy who said open class and the T2 wasn't for him? I think the kid might be bi-polar!
starting to think i actually am when it comes to paintball lmao

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #15539 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Ha ha ha, bi-polar doesn't discriminate!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #15540 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

i guess i was just hating on half block designs and needing torx wrenches for them...
but i do miss that ccm greatness a lot though. loland been playing so little paintball and not as often as usual so when i go i can afford now to shoot open class more.

EDIT: totally random question, but do the detents on the S6 also prevent roll outs or only double feeds. Because the detent i had on my old t2 prevented roll outs as well.

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION

Last edited by Scharfschutze91; 02-03-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast