mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #15821 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledutch View Post
So I played on Sunday at XPX. There were about 12 people there. The previous day there were 80 they said, they thought that the low attendance was due to the low temps. They even built a fire! It was in the low 60's I believe. I would have killed to have weather like that in the winter to play, when I lived in Colorado. Welcome to Florida!

Played with the Mini all day, it worked well for me, even though the vertical feed took some getting used to. I have only owned hopper right and warped guns until now.
Glad you had an awesome day! We missed you at Wayne's World but totally understand!

I used RF/ LF guns so long that center feed was an adjustment. Now, I'm not a fan of RF anymore. LF is a different story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #15822 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
Redbox doesn't deliver. Yep, I'm lazy.
A little birdy has been heard saying Redbox is partnering with verizon to bring out their own streaming video service.

Dutch, that's awesome. Perfect playing weather IMO. Saturday is always the better turnout at XPX. Not sure why but that's usually when we go as well.

Josh, same here I hate RF, always have. Left feed for the win.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #15823 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
Quote:
A little birdy has been heard saying Redbox is partnering with verizon to bring out their own streaming video service.

Dutch, that's awesome. Perfect playing weather IMO. Saturday is always the better turnout at XPX. Not sure why but that's usually when we go as well.

Josh, same here I hate RF, always have. Left feed for the win.
This!

But I don't like using an elbow anymore. I like the T2 LF/RF arms...

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #15824 (permalink)

ProtoPat - you still planning on registering form pump castle tomorrow?
lab79rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #15825 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yeah I will have to deposit my check after work so that's the plan. I may call EMR tomorrow too since word on the street is they filled up the defender slots.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #15826 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
General Proto! Lead the charge!

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #15827 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledutch View Post
So I played on Sunday at XPX. There were about 12 people there. The previous day there were 80 they said, they thought that the low attendance was due to the low temps. They even built a fire! It was in the low 60's I believe. I would have killed to have weather like that in the winter to play, when I lived in Colorado. Welcome to Florida!

Played with the Mini all day, it worked well for me, even though the vertical feed took some getting used to. I have only owned hopper right and warped guns until now.
The one thing I hate about all paintball fields is the uncertaintly of the amount of players going to show up the day you want to play.
-You could call the morning of and find out how many are there or how many are going to be there but that's never accurate.
-You could wait till the field opens at 10am and call to find out how many are playing but you'll be running late and wont get 100% value for 100% the price.
-Typically what most people do is plan the day, bet there will be plenty of people there and wait in the parking lot for more people to show up before you unload and pay to play. That's not fun when it doesn't work out.

At XPX a good day is 20vs20 - anymore than that tends to be too much for the ref's to handle, too much for the size of the fields, and causes too much confusion, arguing, & cheating. I was kicking around an idea while staring at the ceiling fan that perhaps a field could charge based on how many players are in attendance. You could have the best setup field but it's no fun if there's no one to play against on it. So fun=amount of players (to me anyway). 3vs3 for $15 or 20vs20 for $15 - getting it?

If the field charged an entry fee based on how many players are there, capped at $15 for the day. First come would get the best deal and so on. Players would show up earlier, more players would show up earlier, and more players would show up in general. I'm missing a bunch of tiny details and I didn't do any math but it seems to make sense. One could say, bring your own group and get the discount that way but we all know how well that has been working out since the dawn of paintball fields. Not everyone shows up, if you have 9 and not 10 the field is reluctant to still give you the $5 off. and organizing is just a massive headache.

But this whole thing would be confusing to walk in's and not the regulars. Bottom line, first come gets better deal because fun is based on the amount of players playing.
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:20 AM   #15828 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
i may call emr tomorrow too since word on the street is they filled up the defender slots.
noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
lab79rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #15829 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
The one thing I hate about all paintball fields is the uncertaintly of the amount of players going to show up the day you want to play.
-You could call the morning of and find out how many are there or how many are going to be there but that's never accurate.
-You could wait till the field opens at 10am and call to find out how many are playing but you'll be running late and wont get 100% value for 100% the price.
-Typically what most people do is plan the day, bet there will be plenty of people there and wait in the parking lot for more people to show up before you unload and pay to play. That's not fun when it doesn't work out.

At XPX a good day is 20vs20 - anymore than that tends to be too much for the ref's to handle, too much for the size of the fields, and causes too much confusion, arguing, & cheating. I was kicking around an idea while staring at the ceiling fan that perhaps a field could charge based on how many players are in attendance. You could have the best setup field but it's no fun if there's no one to play against on it. So fun=amount of players (to me anyway). 3vs3 for $15 or 20vs20 for $15 - getting it?

If the field charged an entry fee based on how many players are there, capped at $15 for the day. First come would get the best deal and so on. Players would show up earlier, more players would show up earlier, and more players would show up in general. I'm missing a bunch of tiny details and I didn't do any math but it seems to make sense. One could say, bring your own group and get the discount that way but we all know how well that has been working out since the dawn of paintball fields. Not everyone shows up, if you have 9 and not 10 the field is reluctant to still give you the $5 off. and organizing is just a massive headache.

But this whole thing would be confusing to walk in's and not the regulars. Bottom line, first come gets better deal because fun is based on the amount of players playing.
TL;DR

Quit talkin' about it and open a field already. You know you want to.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #15830 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
TL;DR

Quit talkin' about it and open a field already. You know you want to.
Do you know how gay of a field that would be. Instead of water, they'd sell wine.

Are you feeling any better Tom? If not, here's a suggestion:

Quote:
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast