mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #16251 (permalink)

I've got one. I'll bring it.
lab79rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #16252 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab79rat View Post
i've got one. I'll bring it.
winning!
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #16253 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Yep I'm stoked. I left my gearbag open and on the back porche yesterday when we went to the beach. Passed a huge fire on the way out there (pics later) today I remembered and went to bring it all in. Yep, ash had made it this far west and settled on everything. Not a big deal, just have to re-clean everything.

I'm ready to play. Goal this time is to be packed and ready at least by Thurs. I'm aiming for around 930 arrival as well. I say we gang up on the Easter Bunny and bring him down.

Tom remember Brian mentioned the eggs being big enough that you couldn't take them all? He didn't say anything about backpacks not being allowed. What do you think?
john are you staying over again and riding with me? whats up?

This cold sucks!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:39 AM   #16254 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
I love how Xpx doesn't rape you on prices during big games. They are the promoter so theres no 'name' to pay and the games are really creative and there's different layers and sub plots that keep you on your toes. That field doesn't stop kicking ***.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #16255 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab79rat View Post
I've got one. I'll bring it.
This is why I love MCB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
I love how Xpx doesn't rape you on prices during big games. They are the promoter so theres no 'name' to pay and the games are really creative and there's different layers and sub plots that keep you on your toes. That field doesn't stop kicking ***.
Agreed. Big games are the same price as walk on days. Love that.

What time are you leaving for work Tom? I'll probably try to make it there before you leave.

Interesting video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeA84udy7hY

Discuss.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #16256 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

i've heard of treatments that can cure cancer, but big companies don't like it for the business and money aspect of it all... screwed up world we live in. -_-

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #16257 (permalink)

John- why did you have to post that? You're going to make me get on my soap box now...

Yes, at first blush, this sounds great. Here are some (and certainly not all) of the issues:

1) He showed that it worked in animals. I can't tell you how many drugs have worked in mice and failed in humans. If there was a market for curing cancer in mice, I would be rich already.
2) The sob story about how "the cure for cancer is on a shelf but you can't have it because the pharma companies won't make any money" is complete and total BS. If this research was legitimate, the NIH, NCI, American cancer society, and a hundred other non-profit organizations would fund the human trials in a second. Sadly, this research was published in 2006. If the results were real, it would have been on the market already. Take a look at this article from 2007. NRM: Quacks pervert U of A doc's discovery It turns out that there have been a few human trials performed, but none of them have shown that DCA works as well as advertised (if at all). Essentially, there isn't enough data to say for sure whether the drug works or not. I saw reports that a Phase III (large clinical trial) is now underway, but there is nothing listed at Home - ClinicalTrials.gov. There are two clinical trials that are currently recruiting patients that use DCA.
3) It should be noted that the use of DCA to treat cancer has indeed been patented.
4) Finally, the claim that the drug is harmless is false. It is well documented that the drug causes peripheral neuropathy, or damage to your nervous system that causes tingling and tremors.

So, yeah, next time someone tells you that someone has the cure for cancer but pharma companies/the government/the man/aliens won't let us have it, just know that they are full of s**t.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #16258 (permalink)

Ok, now for the real reason I came here... Is XPX FPO? I seem to remember it is...
Old 04-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #16259 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Kevin, don't worry about the soap box. I was actually hoping you would chime in. I honestly don't even know how I stumbled across that video I just found it relevant to recent events and felt like sharing.

XPX is FPO. Their field grade stuff is Empire IIRC and their premium paint is Allstar.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #16260 (permalink)

Yeah, I thought you might be baiting me a bit Don't worry, you can hear me go on and on about the topic if you want while we're hunting the easter bunny tomorrow.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast