mcarterbrown.com

Old 05-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #16501 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab79rat View Post
Yup. A bit of a bummer. I think that there is only enough interest to have 1 pump event per year. I'll plan on pandemonium next year, plus, I doubt you'll see another pump only castle. However, the guy in charge said he would likely run a castle game at pandemonium.

In other news, sounds like Murf, Ninja Dave and I will be at Rumblewoods this Saturday. Anyone else want to join us?
Oh, I wasn't aware the rule was pump only, seems like a shot in the foot on a market segment to go after. The last 'big game' we all played at XPX had nearly that many players.

I'll be at the next XPX meet when that comes around, I'm in no rush. Still have to get a bolt pin for my sniper before I can play anyway. Josh?
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #16502 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
One day we'll get a game in together at EMR.

From my iPhone or my Canon?

I assumed that is a given :P

And I vote picture #3!
so how bout those photos?
Old 05-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #16503 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
Oh, I wasn't aware the rule was pump only, seems like a shot in the foot on a market segment to go after. The last 'big game' we all played at XPX had nearly that many players.

I'll be at the next XPX meet when that comes around, I'm in no rush. Still have to get a bolt pin for my sniper before I can play anyway. Josh?
Lemme see if I still have one. PM your address and If I have it, I'll get it in the mail to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #16504 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Just so everyone knows, labrat, wmdfrank, ninja dave, and myself will be at Rumblewoods in Tampa Saturday morning. If anyone wants to come out and play, look for us.
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #16505 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Have fun.

Pat, are you realizing how much of a PITA it is to get the images off your DSLR yet?
Old 06-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #16506 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Have fun.

Pat, are you realizing how much of a PITA it is to get the images off your DSLR yet?
Why was it a PITA for you? I've never had any issues getting pics off my Nikon. Oh wait, Nikon. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #16507 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Why was it a PITA for you? I've never had any issues getting pics off my Nikon. Oh wait, Nikon. My bad.
Roflmao! You're too funny. That's Pat's fight now. I'm an Apple cheerleader these days.

I hated having to turn on my clunky pc, connect my camera, open the canon app, wait on it to upload each image. Then open Lightroom3 (which I still have a full working copy of, if you want it) upload all my images there, sort them all out, then process them, pick ones I want to convert and save, then upload them to my website. Maybe my process was the long bumpy way but I imagine it's the same for most people.

I think mobile phones will do everything a dslr will do with software eventually, we already have image stabilization and HDR, but zoom is tough but there are cases that you can connect lenses to. But for the casual photo taker, an iPhone 4S is pretty flipping good, you don't need to know how to process a photo on an app for an image to come out looking sharp, colorful, & great. Besides, digital photo is soo saturated and photos are so disposable these days it's hardly worth the time to post process unless you're getting paid anyway. There's apps though on the phone that are free that will upload the image immediately to photobucket and other storage-share sites, and theres iPhoto for $5 which is like a simple LightRoom for your thumbs if you wanted to post process anyway. So I think point and shoots are going obsolete and dslr's will just remain for the hobbyists like film cameras are today. So that's why I sold mine, in a nut shell and why I think they're a PITA.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #16508 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Roflmao! You're too funny. That's Pat's fight now. I'm an Apple cheerleader these days.

I hated having to turn on my clunky pc, connect my camera, open the canon app, wait on it to upload each image. Then open Lightroom3 (which I still have a full working copy of, if you want it) upload all my images there, sort them all out, then process them, pick ones I want to convert and save, then upload them to my website. Maybe my process was the long bumpy way but I imagine it's the same for most people.

I think mobile phones will do everything a dslr will do with software eventually, we already have image stabilization and HDR, but zoom is tough but there are cases that you can connect lenses to. But for the casual photo taker, an iPhone 4S is pretty flipping good, you don't need to know how to process a photo on an app for an image to come out looking sharp, colorful, & great. Besides, digital photo is soo saturated and photos are so disposable these days it's hardly worth the time to post process unless you're getting paid anyway. There's apps though on the phone that are free that will upload the image immediately to photobucket and other storage-share sites, and theres iPhoto for $5 which is like a simple LightRoom for your thumbs if you wanted to post process anyway. So I think point and shoots are going obsolete and dslr's will just remain for the hobbyists like film cameras are today. So that's why I sold mine, in a nut shell and why I think they're a PITA.
Cool story bro.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #16509 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Cool story bro.
i know i know..your story of the night is way better.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #16510 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
i know i know..your story of the night is way better.
Just busting you balls bro. It's like I'm obligated to since I'm an anti-apple fanboy.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast