mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #16521 (permalink)
Photo Guru
 
chopper duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Metro ATL

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
it hangs pretty close to the ground when I lay on my stomach.
Tom, I FTFY.
__________________
My: MCB feedback {total = 300+}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #16522 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida

CCM Fan
Thanks Josh
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #16523 (permalink)
Photo Guru
 
chopper duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Metro ATL

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
You can't tell me you didn't at least chuckle!

Here's a fun little story for everyone as most of you know, I'm in the Air Force Reserves and had UTA (Drill) this weekend. Since I'm ammo, and if you ain't ammo you aint ****, we got together last night as we typically do on Saturday evenings. This time, we had a pool party at the hotel most people stay at. Absolute blast, but you know how there's always that one guy?

Well, it was good and bad that he was there. Good because he had the idea to stop at TJ Maxx and and buy a ton of super soakers for everyone (HUGE HIT) and bad because when he had too much to drink and had one in his hand, he decided it would be a good idea to shoot the hotel desk clerk when she came out to fill the towel cabinet. As if that wasn't enough, he made the comment "that's one way to get her wet". Of course she told her boss who came out and yelled at everyone. So yeah, just because you're an E6 doesn't mean you can be a jack-***.
__________________
My: MCB feedback {total = 300+}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #16524 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
You can't tell me you didn't at least chuckle!

Here's a fun little story for everyone as most of you know, I'm in the Air Force Reserves and had UTA (Drill) this weekend. Since I'm ammo, and if you ain't ammo you aint ****, we got together last night as we typically do on Saturday evenings. This time, we had a pool party at the hotel most people stay at. Absolute blast, but you know how there's always that one guy?

Well, it was good and bad that he was there. Good because he had the idea to stop at TJ Maxx and and buy a ton of super soakers for everyone (HUGE HIT) and bad because when he had too much to drink and had one in his hand, he decided it would be a good idea to shoot the hotel desk clerk when she came out to fill the towel cabinet. As if that wasn't enough, he made the comment "that's one way to get her wet". Of course she told her boss who came out and yelled at everyone. So yeah, just because you're an E6 doesn't mean you can be a jack-***.
Bahahaha!

Speaking of pools. A tree that is on the edge of a pool pushed me into it while I was cleaning the skim gutter Friday night. I fell in with my phone and keys in my pocket but bounced out like a cat. Pulled my phone out and immediately turned it off but it kept restarting by itself. I knew it was ****ed at that point. So I ran to the towel cabinet as I was trying to shut it off and pulled it out of the case and began drying it. It finally went off so I was tapping it on both ends to try to get the water out. Later that night I turned it on and it worked fine. Plugged my head phones in and they worked. Pulled my head phones out and my phone kept thinking they were still in. So I left it on charge over night. Backed it up to iCloud and then restored it, still had the same issue. So I googled iPhone water damage and found out apple care doesn't cover it for water damage (glad I didn't buy apple care) but it also said there are liquid indicators in the phone. One inside the charger slot and one in the head phone jack. If they're half pink and half white it means theyve been wet and activated. There was a tiny bit of pink in the corner of the indicator in my charger slot. The headphone jack indicator was all white, yippee! Glad I had headphone plugged in when the tree pushed me in. So I took it to the apple store knowing I wouldn't get a replacement because I've never gotten anything good from their genius bar. And I was trying to decide if I should tell the truth or just state what's wrong with the phone. So I went in and made an appointment and got seen immediately which also never happens. So I told the genius my phone thinks my head phones are plugged in. He got my appointment up and verified who I was, said usually you're supposed to check in at those tables over there, but since I'm available I'll help you out. He took my phone and checked the headphone jack with a led light and found nothing, yippee! Plugged his headphones in and played music, checked my ringer, turned it off turned it back on, still wouldn't work. Asked of I tried restoring it, said yes, he said he wont take up more time waiting on that then. So he checked out the diagnostic code, and told me there is obviously a hardware issue so we will give you a replacement. He switched out my sim cards and restored from iCloud and I was saved! Now I'm getting the Lifeproof waterproof case which is only $30 more than the case I have now. Had I known some genius made a military grade waterproof case I would have gotten one then.

So that's my story. Not as funny as yours josh.
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #16525 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba
 
Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SCMO
Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
Bahahaha!

Speaking of pools. A tree that is on the edge of a pool pushed me into it while I was cleaning the skim gutter Friday night. I fell in with my phone and keys in my pocket but bounced out like a cat. Pulled my phone out and immediately turned it off but it kept restarting by itself. I knew it was ****ed at that point. So I ran to the towel cabinet as I was trying to shut it off and pulled it out of the case and began drying it. It finally went off so I was tapping it on both ends to try to get the water out. Later that night I turned it on and it worked fine. Plugged my head phones in and they worked. Pulled my head phones out and my phone kept thinking they were still in. So I left it on charge over night. Backed it up to iCloud and then restored it, still had the same issue. So I googled iPhone water damage and found out apple care doesn't cover it for water damage (glad I didn't buy apple care) but it also said there are liquid indicators in the phone. One inside the charger slot and one in the head phone jack. If they're half pink and half white it means theyve been wet and activated. There was a tiny bit of pink in the corner of the indicator in my charger slot. The headphone jack indicator was all white, yippee! Glad I had headphone plugged in when the tree pushed me in. So I took it to the apple store knowing I wouldn't get a replacement because I've never gotten anything good from their genius bar. And I was trying to decide if I should tell the truth or just state what's wrong with the phone. So I went in and made an appointment and got seen immediately which also never happens. So I told the genius my phone thinks my head phones are plugged in. He got my appointment up and verified who I was, said usually you're supposed to check in at those tables over there, but since I'm available I'll help you out. He took my phone and checked the headphone jack with a led light and found nothing, yippee! Plugged his headphones in and played music, checked my ringer, turned it off turned it back on, still wouldn't work. Asked of I tried restoring it, said yes, he said he wont take up more time waiting on that then. So he checked out the diagnostic code, and told me there is obviously a hardware issue so we will give you a replacement. He switched out my sim cards and restored from iCloud and I was saved! Now I'm getting the Lifeproof waterproof case which is only $30 more than the case I have now. Had I known some genius made a military grade waterproof case I would have gotten one then.

So that's my story. Not as funny as yours josh.
Lots of geniuses in there. Was that you or Siri?
__________________

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:25 AM   #16526 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Lots of geniuses in there. Was that you or Siri?
I was lucky and a man named jeffery under the job title 'genius' hooked me up with a replacement phone and then Siri said, "Hi Tom, it's good to be back." after I restored my phone. If that answers your question... Its really ****ing hot tonight, just dead air, no breeze, muggy, typical Florida... And to add to the misery, my AC at home has been down Sunday and Monday, getting looked at today and hopefully it's something simple. It's mid 80's in my house. We have 6 fans in our bedroom.
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:20 AM   #16527 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba
 
Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SCMO
Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
I was lucky and a man named jeffery under the job title 'genius' hooked me up with a replacement phone and then Siri said, "Hi Tom, it's good to be back." after I restored my phone. If that answers your question... Its really ****ing hot tonight, just dead air, no breeze, muggy, typical Florida... And to add to the misery, my AC at home has been down Sunday and Monday, getting looked at today and hopefully it's something simple. It's mid 80's in my house. We have 6 fans in our bedroom.
That guy seems a bit of a narcissist at best. Kinda makes me want to choke him out and I wasn't even there.

Sucks about the a/c bro. We've had the windows open all week up until today. Once it hit 80 I closed them and cranked the a/c to 72.

Well look at the bright side. It'll be fixed and running like a champ when the worst of summer hits.

Had another tornado watch last night. **** makes me want to build a storm shelter...
__________________

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #16528 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
mrmag11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Columbus, GA

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
Bahahaha!

Speaking of pools. A tree that is on the edge of a pool pushed me into it while I was cleaning the skim gutter Friday night. I fell in with my phone and keys in my pocket but bounced out like a cat. Pulled my phone out and immediately turned it off but it kept restarting by itself. I knew it was ****ed at that point. So I ran to the towel cabinet as I was trying to shut it off and pulled it out of the case and began drying it. It finally went off so I was tapping it on both ends to try to get the water out. Later that night I turned it on and it worked fine. Plugged my head phones in and they worked. Pulled my head phones out and my phone kept thinking they were still in. So I left it on charge over night. Backed it up to iCloud and then restored it, still had the same issue. So I googled iPhone water damage and found out apple care doesn't cover it for water damage (glad I didn't buy apple care) but it also said there are liquid indicators in the phone. One inside the charger slot and one in the head phone jack. If they're half pink and half white it means theyve been wet and activated. There was a tiny bit of pink in the corner of the indicator in my charger slot. The headphone jack indicator was all white, yippee! Glad I had headphone plugged in when the tree pushed me in. So I took it to the apple store knowing I wouldn't get a replacement because I've never gotten anything good from their genius bar. And I was trying to decide if I should tell the truth or just state what's wrong with the phone. So I went in and made an appointment and got seen immediately which also never happens. So I told the genius my phone thinks my head phones are plugged in. He got my appointment up and verified who I was, said usually you're supposed to check in at those tables over there, but since I'm available I'll help you out. He took my phone and checked the headphone jack with a led light and found nothing, yippee! Plugged his headphones in and played music, checked my ringer, turned it off turned it back on, still wouldn't work. Asked of I tried restoring it, said yes, he said he wont take up more time waiting on that then. So he checked out the diagnostic code, and told me there is obviously a hardware issue so we will give you a replacement. He switched out my sim cards and restored from iCloud and I was saved! Now I'm getting the Lifeproof waterproof case which is only $30 more than the case I have now. Had I known some genius made a military grade waterproof case I would have gotten one then.

So that's my story. Not as funny as yours josh.
Lucky you, my home button doesn't work at all and I was offered to buy a refurb phone for $150
__________________
MCB Feedback

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #16529 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
Lucky you, my home button doesn't work at all and I was offered to buy a refurb phone for $150
Bummer... A friend of mine used his while he had transmission fluid on his thumb, he was working on a car wearing gloves, and his home button started sticking. He got the phone replaced. But just recently he dropped it 2 inches he claims and cracked the screen. He refused to get a case for it lol

So the AC is broken in some bazaar location, so the entire unit has to be replaced or every single part inside the outside unit. It's all under warranty, but another day and night without AC... It's 91, hoping for rain
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #16530 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba
 
Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SCMO
Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
Bummer... A friend of mine used his while he had transmission fluid on his thumb, he was working on a car wearing gloves, and his home button started sticking. He got the phone replaced. But just recently he dropped it 2 inches he claims and cracked the screen. He refused to get a case for it lol

So the AC is broken in some bazaar location, so the entire unit has to be replaced or every single part inside the outside unit. It's all under warranty, but another day and night without AC... It's 91, hoping for rain
Those short drops always do the most damage, seriously. I've spiked phones and had them come out scuffed but relatively unscathed. Had the same phone slip out of a pocket sitting in some bleachers 3-4" fall and had the screen crack...
__________________

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC