mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #16911 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
That's pretty sweet. I've always wanted to make an Obrez.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2nOqiNmCru...ezmotivate.jpg

Tom, you going to Cup?
Haven't planned on it unless you're in town and want to hang out. But I don't even know which day it is. The 13 and 14 ill be doing a BMW Rally in central Florida and a car club event at Daytona international speedway. Then the 22 is my wife's birthday.
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #16912 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post

Oh, and John, that thing would break your wrist.
So can a pistol gripped short babrrel shotgun if you don't know what you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfy03 View Post
Precisely...found a lawyer back in FL that would set up a trust for $300 -- and was WELL versed in setting up trusts for the Class 3 guys.

I've been looking for a DIRT CHEAP lower to pickup..want to do an AR build in the near future - just need to find a really cheap lower. Want to do a "economy build" yet with really reliable parts!
Go with PSA. A year or so ago i'd have recommended Spikes Tactical since they're local to CFL, but their CS is **** and considering they have tactical in their name they completely lack tact when it comes to their professionalism in dealing with others. Josh knows what I'm talking about here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
Haven't planned on it unless you're in town and want to hang out. But I don't even know which day it is. The 13 and 14 ill be doing a BMW Rally in central Florida and a car club event at Daytona international speedway. Then the 22 is my wife's birthday.
Unfortunatly I won't be but we're planning to come down for a week at the beginning of Dec. It's pretty much dependent on us getting into a bigger vehicle though. We're working on it but the bank is playing games.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #16913 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

I am thinking about getting the american tactical imports 1911 (gov. model) as my next gun when i sell the t2... what do you guys think?

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #16914 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
So can a pistol gripped short babrrel shotgun if you don't know what you're doing.

Go with PSA. A year or so ago i'd have recommended Spikes Tactical since they're local to CFL, but their CS is **** and considering they have tactical in their name they completely lack tact when it comes to their professionalism in dealing with others. Josh knows what I'm talking about here.

Unfortunatly I won't be but we're planning to come down for a week at the beginning of Dec. It's pretty much dependent on us getting into a bigger vehicle though. We're working on it but the bank is playing games.
Are you making a run for the grand finale? Might be fun to play 12 hours of it on the first day with a pump. Just thinking out loud, have a lot of other things on my plate but that's a possibility.

Good luck at cup pat. Always a fun event but not worth the $ unless you know you'll be top 3. I still hate tournament paintball since the time we beat the naughty dogs in the finals and the head ref gave them the flag pull which kept us from 1st and put us in 3rd. Scottie flint happened to be the head ref and a huge naughty dogs supporter. **** paintball.
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #16915 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Precisely...found a lawyer back in FL that would set up a trust for $300 -- and was WELL versed in setting up trusts for the Class 3 guys.

I've been looking for a DIRT CHEAP lower to pickup..want to do an AR build in the near future - just need to find a really cheap lower. Want to do a "economy build" yet with really reliable parts!
You don't have to pay a lawyer for it. You can actually create your own.

A local place will actually make a trust for you, for free, if you buy an NFA item. They were the main dealer (and I think they still are) for AAC.

Quote:
yep, Spike's will never get any more of my money. I want to go get one of these:
Stripped SBR Lower .223 5.56 AR-15 10.5" M4 AR15 : AR15 Parts at GunBroker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
I am thinking about getting the american tactical imports 1911 (gov. model) as my next gun when i sell the t2... what do you guys think?
They're hit or miss. If you're looking for a decent 1911 for a decent price, look at the Springfield GI series. I've heard good things about the PT1911, but I won't own a Taurus.

Quote:
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #16916 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

I just can never find a springfield 1911. =\

I like the reliability of rock island as well. I have not heard a bad thing about them.

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #16917 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
I just can never find a springfield 1911. =\

I like the reliability of rock island as well. I have not heard a bad thing about them.
There's a Florida based gun forum you need to jump on. There's always 1911s for sale on my local forum.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2012, 02:18 AM   #16918 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
Are you making a run for the grand finale? Might be fun to play 12 hours of it on the first day with a pump. Just thinking out loud, have a lot of other things on my plate but that's a possibility.

Good luck at cup pat. Always a fun event but not worth the $ unless you know you'll be top 3. I still hate tournament paintball since the time we beat the naughty dogs in the finals and the head ref gave them the flag pull which kept us from 1st and put us in 3rd. Scottie flint happened to be the head ref and a huge naughty dogs supporter. **** paintball.
That's the plan. I'd probably only do Saturday as well since it'll be during the family vacation. Hang out with my Pops, Pat, and the Trigger Happy guys again.

Quote:
yep, Spike's will never get any more of my money. I want to go get one of these:
Stripped SBR Lower .223 5.56 AR-15 10.5" M4 AR15 : AR15 Parts at GunBroker.com
I really wanted one of their Nobama12 lowers but I missed the pre-order and they went QUICK.

Quote:
There's a Florida based gun forum you need to jump on. There's always 1911s for sale on my local forum.
Florida Shooters Network

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #16919 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
You don't have to pay a lawyer for it. You can actually create your own.
I know...I just prefer to use a lawyer who I can blame if something isn't done right...I can claim negligence on his behalf

Quote:
If you're looking for a decent 1911 for a decent price, look at the Springfield GI series.
I owned a Springfield 1911-A1 GI Mil-Spec...was my first 1911...shot GREAT...1911's just aren't my "cup of tea"..for sub-$600 used, this is a GREAT 1911. I saw them quite often at the suncoastgunshows in FL.

Last edited by Sfy03; 10-10-2012 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Deuce answered my question
Sfy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #16920 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
I really wanted one of their Nobama12 lowers but I missed the pre-order and they went QUICK.
The place selling these is my LGS and the range I shoot at. They also sell suppressors. It's just coming up with the $200 on top of the cost of each that I have trouble justifying.

Quote:
I know...I just prefer to use a lawyer who I can blame if something isn't done right...I can claim negligence on his behalf

I owned a Springfield 1911-A1 GI Mil-Spec...was my first 1911...shot GREAT...1911's just aren't my "cup of tea"..for sub-$600 used, this is a GREAT 1911. I saw them quite often at the suncoastgunshows in FL.
We used to have a lawyer here local who would knock one out for you in an hour for $100. He did them ALL the time. Another local guy I know is in law school and posted all the forms necessary to write one up. When I get ready, I'm going to try my hand at it and have him look them over.

I love a 1911 and plan on always having one. I can concede that there are designs out there that are more reliable as well as having a larger capacity, especially with the introduction of polymer framed handguns. I just prefer the feel of a 1911.

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast