mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-04-2011, 04:34 AM   #8211 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
i just read there rules. there rediculous. ill stick to here and pbn. lol
Old 01-04-2011, 04:41 AM   #8212 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
These are the TechPB BST Rules which have been approved of for use on the BST by TechPB staff. These rules are in place to help ensure that this continues to be the safest BST in all of paintball. Please follow these rules and only deal with users following these rules to assure that you are conducting the safest business possible. Also please remember that the BST is a place of business and that your actions and statements are taken very seriously here. If you have any issues please report the offending thread or user using the "Report" button in the threads. If you have any questions feel free to PM a BST Moderator or other staff member for assistance.

These rules are subject to change so please pay attention to the stickies in the BST which will inform you of such changes. If you break any of these rules you will be subject to disciplinary actions from TechPB Staff at their own discretion, thank you for your continued support guys we couldn't do this without you.

-TechPB Staff

Rule 1

All ads placed on the BST must have a picture of the product along with a sheet of paper that has your TechPB name, the date that the ad is posted as well as TechPB handwritten on it.

1.1 - Moderators and Admins may also at anytime request updated pictures of a product as proof that it is still in your possession. If you do not provide updated pictures Staff may choose to remove the ad or any other ads you have on the BST.

1.2 - Links to pictures from sites which require people to be a member in order to view the picture are not allowed.

Example:

Rule 2

All ads must follow the BST sales format which is stickied at the top of each BST forum. For example the format for Electronic Markers, all threads must have this type of format.

Marker:
Condition:
Color:
Upgrades:
Known Problems:
Asking Price:
Shipping Options:
Trades of interest:
Location of item:
What is Included:

2.1 - All items MUST have a posted price, even if you are only looking for trades list a price so people have a ball park figure of what value you are expecting from a trade.

Rule 3

When an offer is made on the BST it must always be accompanied with a proper picture of the product. If an offer does not have proper pictures the offer will be snipped and the action logged in the offending user's warn log.

A Proper picture is defined as a picture of your item/items with a sheet of paper that has your TechPB name, the date as well as the word "TechPB" handwritten on it

Rule 4

All B/S/T conversations MUST remain in public except for the exchange of private info (Addresses, tracking numbers etc.) No PM's, emails, text, phone calls, IM's Etc. are allowed. When a deal is finalized all parties involved MUST declare the final agreement to ensure everyone is clear on the details of the transaction. If this rule is not followed you are putting yourself at risk, there is no public record for the Staff to refer to. Penalties for disregarding this rule may result in a warning, or ban depending on the circumstances and the Staff member's judgement.

Rule 5

Ads may only be "bumped" once every 12 hours, we are not restricting the search feature so please refrain from repeated bumps.

Rule 6

All products being listed on the BST MUST have their condition accurately described in the ad. Not doing so risks severe action that will be taken against you if you mislead buyers.

Rule 7

Please have clear and concise titles to your BST ad, basically what we're saying is to avoid titles like this.

-----%%%###UBER Upgraded BOB LONG VICE F?S?T!!!###%%%------

Where as "Upgraded Bob Long Vice For Sale or Trade" will do just fine.

Rule 8

Do not post a reply to a sales ad criticizing or flaming someone for the price of their listing. Doing this is sabotaging their ad and is needless spam on the BST. If their price is too high the product will not sell and they will likely adjust their prices accordingly.

Rule 9

Do not attempt to police the BST yourself, posting to inform someone they are breaking the rules may not only result in flaming from the OP, but it will be treated as spam by the Mods. Also your word may not sway the OP to make necessary changes when simply clicking the "Report" button will have a Mod correct the situation immediately.

When in doubt, click the "Report" button

Rule 10

PayPal fees are not to be charged to the seller according to PayPal's terms of use. If you would like to recover the costs of PayPal fees please add a little more to the price of your item.

Rule 11

When making trades with a TechPB Player's Club member you MUST ship first. This only applies to trades and not purchases, if two Player's Club members are trading with each other the younger member must ship first. This is not saying that younger members are not as trusted, just that they may have more issues getting to the post office and shipping the item compared to an adult who has their own transportation.

Note: The rule regarding shipping first only applies to TRADES, not purchases, also Master of Evil members are considered EQUAL to Player's Club members so the same rules apply to them, as well.

Rule 12

Sellers are NOT allowed to remove the content of the original sales ad after a transaction has been completed or a deal settled upon. If this content is missing and there is an issue with the deal it leaves staff with no original ad for reference. Once a product is sold please click the "Report" button to have a Moderator close the ad.

Rule 13

Do not conduct off-topic chatter, or small talk in a BST ad, the BST is a place of business and we do not want to see ads cluttered with small talk. If you want to talk about paintball we have the paintball chatter and numerous other paintball forums. If you want to conduct off-topic chatter we have a section for that as well.

13.1 - BST activities are not to carry over into other forums, including offers for sale, trade, purchase or advertisement.

Rule 14

Items which are posted on the TechPB BST may not be posted on eBay at the same time or any other similar auction site. These sites require that you commit to the sale of items on their site to their buyers so how can you sell the same product twice? Also do not post links to ads outside of the TechPB BST, we protect our users with our rules and our actions and our protection cannot extend to places outside of TechPB.

Rule 15

Pellet/BB/Airsoft guns, Lighters, Knives, Firearms, Tobacco/Alcohol products, drug paraphernalia or ANY item which can cause bodily harm cannot be sold on the TechPB BST.

15.1 - The sale or trade of online gaming accounts is not allowed on TechPB, these accounts are the property of the game's developer/producer.

15.2 - "Knock off" items are not permitted on the BST and are prohibited by Federal Law, if a product is deemed questionable it may be removed at a staff member's discretion.

Rule 16

After 30 days with no participation from the seller the ad is considered to be expired and Mods may remove it.

Rule 17

No auction style sales are to be conducted on TechPB. We expect users to have integrity with their dealings and to honor their word. When a deal is agreed upon by a seller and buyer the deal is to be set as "Pending". What this in turn means is that the item is held in reserve for the buyer until they have paid. All other offers are to be ignored regardless of how high they may be. The only way a seller may remove the "pending" status is if the buyer does not pay within a timely manner, this specific amount of time should be discussed when the agreement on price is made.

Rule 18

Users may not sell parts which can be sent to them or installed for free into their markers. This includes current generation Invert Mini parts as well as GR2 kit for the Geo, and the Plank and barb kits from Planet Eclipse as well as any other parts which will be provided for free by the manufacturer. If these parts can be acquired free by either requesting they be sent to you or by sending the marker into the manufacturer for install they may not be sold on the BST.

We will not allow users to be fooled into buying parts which can be obtained at no cost to themselves. Likewise you may not claim that free updated parts "add" to the value of the marker. If you see this being done please report the ad to the moderating staff.

It may cost a bit for shipping to have the parts installed but that does not add value to the FREE parts or the marker. I can ship a Vice around the world 4 times, that doesn't add to it's value, it's still a $500 Vice.

Rule 19

All dealings within the TechPB BST Section are manners of PUBLIC RECORD. This includes IP Address, personal mailing address, telephone & cell phone numbers, email addresses, shipping addresses, work addresses, BST items in question, as well as any PM's, emails, and any other correspondence that relates to the BST. ALL information is a manner of public record, meaning if you conduct BST transactions here at TechPB, we reserve the right to disclose publicly ALL information gathered about you at any time, for any reason.

The purpose of this disclaimer is to deter fraud. If you conduct fraudulent transactions here at TechPB, all information about you and the transaction will be disclosed publicly, to prevent & deter future scams on our site.

Rule 20

When a rule is not in place to cover an issue which has arisen on the BST the TechPB staff's call is to be taken as law. If a Moderator or Administrator has taken action it is NOT appropriate to then begin arguing with them about "That is not in the rules" or "I have freedom of speech". These forums are owned by a business which is owned by individuals, we control the content on this website to protect our users. If something is deemed inappropriate it will be removed upon the staff's discretion.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:34 AM   #8213 (permalink)
TomCross

So I came on here before I go to bed to say I wonder how much of the daily server backup time is from our little thread. BUT that huge ****ing list of BST blew my mind. That is un****ingbelievable!!
Old 01-04-2011, 08:15 AM   #8214 (permalink)
MCB Member

Old River is a cool field and there is an awesome game the last weekend of March that follows the Holy Grail story line each year. The psuedo scenario team I play on, Team Trigger Happy, goes every year, so if anyone would want to go to Old River, this would be the perfect game to go to IMO.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #8215 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH View Post
lol. this thread is pretty sensitive.
You should try to post in the other thread and see what happens

Quote:
i think we should have a meet at waynes world sometime. idk how many of yall have played there but it is ****ing sick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
If you all come up, lemme know. That's a LOT closer to me.
Ocala is much closer to me than Tampa. Nice, you guys start to play there after I leave on cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH
I actually like the rules for TechPB BST. I find their FST threads easy to read and there is no BS about what stuff means (ie Pending, what can be posted, etc). Granted, I don't go there hardly and I've never bought anything off of there, but I can always tell because of the sale format.

Incidently, MCB has that rule about posting pics with website other than MCB in it... I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I'm leaning towards "stupid."

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #8216 (permalink)
+P for Plenty...

"Jan 22-23 '11, 4Real - Old River Paintball FL"

Hey Pat, is this the game Trigger Happy normally goes to Old River for?

My feedback...
Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com/frankh_001/
MCB:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Tiberius Forums: http://forums.tiberiusarms.com/showthread.php?t=3867
wmdfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #8217 (permalink)
I've been around

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
Old River is a cool field and there is an awesome game the last weekend of March that follows the Holy Grail story line each year. The psuedo scenario team I play on, Team Trigger Happy, goes every year, so if anyone would want to go to Old River, this would be the perfect game to go to IMO.
Gather more info please... Site, cost, dates...

M3r(uRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #8218 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdfrank View Post
"Jan 22-23 '11, 4Real - Old River Paintball FL"

Hey Pat, is this the game Trigger Happy normally goes to Old River for?
Nope, the one we normally attend is the last weekend in March. The game information isn't officially announced yet as far as I can tell.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #8219 (permalink)
I've been around

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
Nope, the one we normally attend is the last weekend in March. The game information isn't officially announced yet as far as I can tell.
Ok keep an eye on it please...

M3r(uRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #8220 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
it's alll good. it's just funny how any sudden movements and this thread goes nuts abotu location. lol
Quote:
lol. this thread is pretty sensitive.
That's because more often than not nearly everyone bails out at the last minute and that really sucks for people that travel to make an event just to be one of (if not the only) MCBer.

Quote:
If you all come up, lemme know. That's a LOT closer to me.

On a side note, what do you all think of this guy: mcarterbrown.com - View Profile: bigbthebenji
Quote:
He just seems real sleazy. He find local deals, brags about it and then jacks the price way up. All ways one of those "deal better be in my favor" kind of guy. He has my old Emag and I would like it back, but I can't stand to do business with him.

Hate Sleaze.
You answered for me perfectly. Remind me to tell you about a sale of his through PM.

Quote:
I DESPISE TechPB.
Agreed. I think I posted there maybe once and my account was banned. I can only venture to guess from things I've read elsewhere I was banned because of my opinion of certain staff there. Sounds like a friendly place good for the community huh?

Quote:
i dont like mike. but id join his site if i thought i could sell some ****.

Quote:
These are the TechPB BST Rules...
If you aren't a member of the CP (custom products, not Gordon but that fits as well) cult or you don't chug the koolaid the staff sells you won't make it man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3r(uRy View Post
Gather more info please... Site, cost, dates...
x2. I don't have an issue traveling to Old River if we can plan an event a couple months ahead so it's set and people can make plans and commit.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast