mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #751 (permalink)
The C.O.

Miller - yea, that was a problem-I remember it well. It was because we had a large group (25) show up that only came to play for a few hours (unbeknownst to us). They did NOT come to play Postal and were all first-timers. The team assignments in the morning were even numerically, but once they ran out of paint, they all left - leaving a large hole in the teams. It still happens from time to time, but has never been as bad as that since. I've got an idea that should resolve the issue - if Asylum will bite on it. We'll see....!

WP - format this time is most likely the Progressive style we've moved to last year. It has been very well received by the players and tends to focus the games so its not spread all over the field (although if we have large numbers, we may shift back to an all-flag full field event).
loukyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #752 (permalink)

Any word on price the day of? I know it's supposed to be cheaper to pre register online but I don't see any way to do it. And does the $40 bucks include a bag of paint or is that just entry?
wpshin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #753 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Yeah I like the progressive style a lot more. End of the World wasn't progressive and was not very fun... Progressive you just have to have team mates who will keep playing the whole time. Otherwise they have been fun events. Are we allowing any firing mode + BPS settings?

Also let's kick out people that try to physically threaten teenagers because they walked into a wall of paint...
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #754 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpshin01 View Post
Any word on price the day of? I know it's supposed to be cheaper to pre register online but I don't see any way to do it. And does the $40 bucks include a bag of paint or is that just entry?
There are pump only games at paintball valley in Nashville, IN if yo don't want to play the big game. There are a few of us oing up there to check it out.
brew52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #755 (permalink)
The C.O.

$40 is entry and air only. No paint. The higher price is to cover the prize package at the end of the day.

As for threatening behavior, tempers flare; people are stupid and unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions (walking into a wall of paint and then get mad about it). Despite that, threatening behavior is unwarranted. Staff at Asylum has ejected players from events and even off the property for this behavior. I dare say this is standard policy at all fields. Sometimes it just takes a ref talking to the offending player and they themselves make amends.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #756 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I think what happened is he just kind of got away from the situation. I was hard to identify him before he could cool down and play dumb. He tried to pin the situation on the player(s) saying they were yelling at him making him hostile. I think we should give certain people expressed authority over situations like this so we can nip I in the bud, because I know Asylum ALWAYS does a good job of this on a normal rec or practice day where there aren't 100+ people at the field.
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #757 (permalink)

Anybody going to Normandy at Elizabethtown this weekend. Me and my son is going hopefully we see some of you out there.
dasmacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #758 (permalink)
The C.O.

The 502nd will be there.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast