mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtScot View Post
From The Ledger.com:

Paintball Facility Will Be Allowed to Continue Operating

By TOM PALMER
THE LEDGER

Full article here.
I agree that is great news, as it gives the young people, all of us a place to play and stay out of trouble. FL can't afford to lose any more paintball fields.
Trippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Pistol-Play Geek

This is probably off topic from the subject, but would it be even more powerful to try and implement a public park style paintball field? If it sounds crazy, give me a second to explain.

Thanks to various passages of legislation for government land use, a wonderful piece of law was enacted. In the Florida Constitution, a article was enacted, allowing paintball under a partial liability statement for public parks and government land. This means that as long as rules for the parks activities are clearly enforced, the state is not liable for injury, circumventing the whole need for field insurance.

This is a great opening to talk to your local director of parks and recreations on the subject of a public paintball field. Explain the pro's and con's. Then prepare a case for the your counties commissioning board to look over.

It's a public park, you just have to set up a volunteer system. They can charge for paint and air if they choose to provide it. If not, you will have to request a variance in order to meet the requirements to start the field.

Obviously the county isn't going to shell out a bunch of money without seeing how it will preform. I figure the best bet for the board of volunteers and county officials to ask for donations from local sports associations, and groups to help fund field equipment.

Who knows, maybe paintball parks will become more accessible to everyone this way. Possibly even beat out public playgrounds.

Who would help me try this here in Pensacola, FL. It's covered by Escambia county. I haven't had a chance to set up a meeting with the director of Parks and Recreations yet.

Proud to be a Fluffy Striped Hyena!
AsaBerdahl is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast