mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Head Ref

Scenario at Boss Paintball 4/20/2013

There is a scenario day at Boss Paintball Saturday April 20th. There aren't many details released at this point but the general idea of the game will be a kids against adults style game. The kids will out number the adults side for the game. It will also be the first game that I get to "general". Maybe a few of you would like to come out and play with me!

EDIT: Link to the fields website can be found in my sig.

Last edited by joshkinney591; 04-10-2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: letting posters know about link to field
joshkinney591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

I was trying to get free from work to get out on this day, but didn't realize you'd have a scenario going. Any other special rules besides possibly fighting the zerg swarm?

What kind of crowd are you expecting?

Setup: Azodin Kaos-D with hush bolt, Lurker Eigenbarrel, 68/45 tank, Proto Primo hopper.
unfated33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Head Ref

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfated33 View Post
I was trying to get free from work to get out on this day, but didn't realize you'd have a scenario going. Any other special rules besides possibly fighting the zerg swarm?

What kind of crowd are you expecting?
I haven't heard much at the moment. I'm hoping to talk with Mike (the writer/producer) and see about getting more details about it. As for crowd, the past 4 saturdays we have had 120+ with experience levels ranging anywhere from beginner to very experienced. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 04-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Head Ref

The invasion of the United States had been successful, enemy forces from the Unified Communist Armies of North Korea, the new Russian Federation, and China had purchased footholds on US Territory from coast to coast. US Forces were forced to focus their attention on key strategic areas and cities, leaving others practically undefended.
As the Red Army occupied many towns and cities unopposed, the citizens and patriots of those places decided to rise up and resist this occupation. The Red Army responded by imprisoning or executing every adult they could get their hands on, believing the left over youths would be easier to subjugate.
In the Midwest, a small resistance group formed and began fighting back. Made up of the children who had been left by the Red Army, they called themselves The Wolverines. Attacking supply convoys, depots, and high value targets – the stories of The Wolverines’ successes and victories began to circulate through the underground communication networks nation-wide. Soon, more and more resistance groups began emerging throughout the country and before long the Red Army found itself fighting against both the United States Military…and The Wolverines – from coast to coast, in every town and city; they now had a major fight on their hands.
In a small town in North Carolina, the Red Army had established a supply center that routed crucial supplies of ammunition and food throughout the Southeast and into the Mississippi states. They have continued unopposed…until now. A new cell of Wolverines has organized with the objective of disrupting the supply chain, and seizing the supplies it transports. Months of small operations have all led to a single offensive push to deal a final blow to the Red Army’s presence in the area, one that will have serious effects on the entire Red Army’s presence in the Eastern US.
On April 20th BOSS Paintball presents “Red Afternoon,” a new kind of scenario experience geared especially towards younger players and players who are looking to try out scenario games for the first time. Players 18 and younger will make up The Wolverines and will be handed missions to complete against the older and (generally) more experienced Red Army. Wolverines will outnumber the Red Army players by as much as 3 to 1, if not more. There are no special charges or upcharges for this scenario game, standard walk-on rates apply. You may bring your own paint as well!
Over 18 but still want to play? The Red Army may need you! Contact the shop at 704.784.4365 on Thursday or Friday and ask for Mike to get signed up, or call if you have any questions

Game Details:
• When: Saturday April 20th. 10:00 AM – 5:00PM
• Cost: $10.00 Field Fee. $7.50 All Day Air. Co2 pay per fill. $12.00 per 500 (39.95/case) Basic Grade paintballs $15.00 (49.95/case) per 500 Mid Grade paintballs.
• Special Notes: The Wolverines team will be age restricted, no one over 18 years of age. Exceptions can be made, talk to Mike. Older Players looking to play on the heavily outnumbered Red Army side are welcome, please call Mike at the shop (Thursdays and Fridays only 704.784.4365) to get a space reserved. NOTE, we will be balancing the sides heavily to the benefit of The Wolverines.
• Field Rules: 3 shot burst or PSP ramp allowed, 12 bps MAX – strictly enforced. 280 FPS max chrono limit, also strictly enforced. Standard field safety rules apply, a barrel sock is required – plugs are not allowed. All players must complete a field waiver with adult signature for check-in on the day of the game.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Hmmmm def sounds fun, I might be there.
The Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Head Ref

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
Hmmmm def sounds fun, I might be there.
Due to a lack on advertisement we MIGHT postpone it until june. But as it stands now we are still running it, but we aren't expecting the high numbers we would normally have for a scenario day. We don't exactly have the best web guy in the world so a lot of what we ask to be put on the site never actually makes it on there.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

I would like to come play either way on saturday, what type of games do you normally run on a non-event day?
Old 04-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Freelance Aphorist

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkinney591 View Post
The invasion of the United States had been successful, enemy forces from the Unified Communist Armies of North Korea, the new Russian Federation, and China had purchased footholds on US Territory from coast to coast. US Forces were forced to focus their attention on key strategic areas and cities, leaving others practically undefended.
As the Red Army occupied many towns and cities unopposed, the citizens and patriots of those places decided to rise up and resist this occupation. The Red Army responded by imprisoning or executing every adult they could get their hands on, believing the left over youths would be easier to subjugate.
In the Midwest, a small resistance group formed and began fighting back. Made up of the children who had been left by the Red Army, they called themselves The Wolverines. Attacking supply convoys, depots, and high value targets – the stories of The Wolverines’ successes and victories began to circulate through the underground communication networks nation-wide. Soon, more and more resistance groups began emerging throughout the country and before long the Red Army found itself fighting against both the United States Military…and The Wolverines – from coast to coast, in every town and city; they now had a major fight on their hands.
In a small town in North Carolina, the Red Army had established a supply center that routed crucial supplies of ammunition and food throughout the Southeast and into the Mississippi states. They have continued unopposed…until now. A new cell of Wolverines has organized with the objective of disrupting the supply chain, and seizing the supplies it transports. Months of small operations have all led to a single offensive push to deal a final blow to the Red Army’s presence in the area, one that will have serious effects on the entire Red Army’s presence in the Eastern US.
On April 20th BOSS Paintball presents “Red Afternoon,” a new kind of scenario experience geared especially towards younger players and players who are looking to try out scenario games for the first time. Players 18 and younger will make up The Wolverines and will be handed missions to complete against the older and (generally) more experienced Red Army. Wolverines will outnumber the Red Army players by as much as 3 to 1, if not more. There are no special charges or upcharges for this scenario game, standard walk-on rates apply. You may bring your own paint as well!
Over 18 but still want to play? The Red Army may need you! Contact the shop at 704.784.4365 on Thursday or Friday and ask for Mike to get signed up, or call if you have any questions

Game Details:
• When: Saturday April 20th. 10:00 AM – 5:00PM
• Cost: $10.00 Field Fee. $7.50 All Day Air. Co2 pay per fill. $12.00 per 500 (39.95/case) Basic Grade paintballs $15.00 (49.95/case) per 500 Mid Grade paintballs.
• Special Notes: The Wolverines team will be age restricted, no one over 18 years of age. Exceptions can be made, talk to Mike. Older Players looking to play on the heavily outnumbered Red Army side are welcome, please call Mike at the shop (Thursdays and Fridays only 704.784.4365) to get a space reserved. NOTE, we will be balancing the sides heavily to the benefit of The Wolverines.
• Field Rules: 3 shot burst or PSP ramp allowed, 12 bps MAX – strictly enforced. 280 FPS max chrono limit, also strictly enforced. Standard field safety rules apply, a barrel sock is required – plugs are not allowed. All players must complete a field waiver with adult signature for check-in on the day of the game.
This definitely looks interesting. I wont be able to make it on the 20th, but if you roll this later in the summer, I'd love to come up!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
PB Tanker

Send a message via AIM to Octane2079

I know myself and about 5 other magfed guys plan on coming down.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane2079 View Post
I know myself and about 5 other magfed guys plan on coming down.
This is what I like to hear. I hope everyone turns out I'm coming either way.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast