mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
ER RN

CCM Fan
The Conglomerate Scenario Group, Central Alabama

Hey guys, I am new to MCB, but I am anywhere from skimmer to active on various other forums. I am here today to present a rallying cry, because lets face it: Paintball (especially scenario) in 'Bama is sloooooowwwww. So we are trying to help that, by introducing The Conglomerate.

Quote:
The Conglomerate
Scenario Paintball Group

What We Are:
We are a group of players in and around Central Alabama from various different backgrounds (Tournament, Woodsball, etc.) who want to experience large regional scenario games.

Our Goals:
-To combine the strengths of various differing styles and groups of paintball players.
-To allow smaller teams and individuals access to events.
-To be good stewards of the sport of paintball, promoting it to a much larger audience.

How It Works:
-We invite anyone who wishes to play to join us on any given event.
-Rather than erasing another teams identity (ex. A Tournament team) we invite them to play under our group “umbrella”(or Conglomerate, if you will), allowing them to maintain the efficacy of their team while working towards a greater goal.
-We will form a “core” scenario team as a part of this group, with the goal of coordinating needs on and off the field.
-We will welcome individuals and small groups to join us either for one event or multiple, depending on their desire. Living in the area is not required. Previous paintball experience is not required.
-Conglomerate Uniforms will be minimal, such as headbands, for those playing with the group, to keep costs low and aid with coordination. Other teams within the Conglomerate will be allowed to wear their uniforms, with the headbands, if they so choose, to preserve their teamwork. The “core” scenario team may in turn choose a uniform of their own, with the headbands, to encourage further teamwork.
-We ask those who play with us to help encourage others into the sport. Good sportsmanship, limiting profanity, acting responsibly, aiding and answering questions within their ability, etc.
-Some scenarios are 2 day events or require travel/camping. Working together to coordinate such an effort helps everybody involved.

When Will This Happen:
Our goal is to have the ability to begin by October, with our first game planned to be at Bear Claw Paintball, in Fayetteville, TN (“Game of Thrones 2”). We will meet at the end of July to discuss further and arrange for uniforms and further advertisement.

Questions, Comments, or Concerns:
Feel free to contact me:
Lee Lake
Facebook: www.facebook.com/leelake (preferred)
So some of this is still in motion, but the idea is to make a group of players for the have-nots in paintball: whether you cannot commit to a team (job, family, etc.), cannot afford the equipment or to play regularly, or just do not know much about scenarios. All of us are still learning ourselves, but we are more than happy to help where we can. Game of Thrones in Fayetteville, TN Oct 5-6 or Flag Wars in Rome, GA Oct 20-21 are our first targets.

If you have any questions, interested, or have a critique, please let me know!
Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are The Conglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!
Lemi Died is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Good luck, I frequent scenarios all over & MPP Games is one of the best. You picked a great event to start with...I know many scenario ballers from Alabama who frequent those events.

See you at Game of Thrones!
http://www.pballcentral.com/
http://www.mppgames.com/

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Milkshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
ER RN

CCM Fan
thanks! I am looking forward to it, got about 10-12 guys so far, but we all know how paintball is (count on a quarter of that, lol). See you at GoT!
Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are The Conglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!
Lemi Died is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast