mcarterbrown.com

Old 04-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fish Taco

Whens the next Blanding game?

When the next Blanding game going to be. I reffed a big game in 98 and I've been dying to get back there.
ih8cornnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Grivooga Send a message via Yahoo to Grivooga

I believe it's Revenge of the Nerds produced by LCP.

Nerd
Grivooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

cool, hopefully i will have cash (for 2) to play at this next event at blanding, i was broke the last time, and had to watch.
any idea on prices? i looked on the site, but none listed.
daniam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Anyone know any hotels in the area to Blanding. Last time I stayed at the state park but you have to book 2 nites for weekend stay. I just need something close for one night.
n2extreme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

in late sept, n.a.w.l., is going to host a game down there and theres already alot of hype about it. the producer has been taking player input for game structure. i expect it to go back to basics with no gay *** "walking tanks" and "magical" props of doom or "god mode" players that cant be eliminated. i expect a straight up tactical game based on combat in an urban environment.

East Tennessee Woodsball League

APX regional Sales Rep.
Paint promos, Sponsorships, Custom player gear.
havokrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB FF CHAMPION

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokrooster View Post
in late sept, n.a.w.l., is going to host a game down there and theres already alot of hype about it. the producer has been taking player input for game structure. i expect it to go back to basics with no gay *** "walking tanks" and "magical" props of doom or "god mode" players that cant be eliminated. i expect a straight up tactical game based on combat in an urban environment.
Walking tanks are not gay. Not everyone can afford the extra insurance. If you are looking for a milsim tactical you might be out of luck since it has never happened before. Most producers do the dumb thing and just allow far to many people for there to be that much order. Vipers VIP game would have been that but politics killed it. It is now at Sherwood forest in indiana.
Home of the Trailgunners - 24 Hour Scenario Paintball Team go to mobile armor.

From a previous Blanding: It should be noted that we use ours primarily as transport. Our AT personal are separate and we have no guns or rockets attached to the vehicle.

Last edited by Harbinger[TG]; 04-28-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Harbinger[TG] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

i aint bashin ya man. different strokes for different folks. i think walkers and magical props/players take away from the game. i think, if you cant afford it, then dont even breach into the armor scene. theres plenty of fun to be had on foot without makin the game "gay". however i do think your lil tank is a cutie pie, oh yes it is. i just wanna smooch smooch it to death, oh yes i do.

i play mpp games alot and benny t doesnt allow them and runs a organized and well structured game based on a combat scenario. and please dont confuse me with the wanna be army milsim guys. i shoot a mini for christs sake. i just think that if your on the field, on foot, you should be able to be shot. a walking tank is no different than a player using a "magical harry potter shield of ultimate wizard invincibility".

APX regional Sales Rep.

Last edited by havokrooster; 04-29-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB FF CHAMPION

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokrooster View Post
i aint bashin ya man. different strokes for different folks. i think walkers and magical props/players take away from the game. i think, if you cant afford it, then dont even breach into the armor scene. theres plenty of fun to be had on foot without makin the game "gay". however i do think your lil tank is a cutie pie, oh yes it is. i just wanna smooch smooch it to death, oh yes i do.

i play mpp games alot and benny t doesnt allow them and runs a organized and well structured game based on a combat scenario. and please dont confuse me with the wanna be army milsim guys. i shoot a mini for christs sake. i just think that if your on the field, on foot, you should be able to be shot. a walking tank is no different than a player using a "magical harry potter shield of ultimate wizard invincibility".
Your calling non motorized armor gay is far worse than me mentioning milsim. I have been playing almost 20 years, 10 in scenario big game. I have done blanding, my team has multiple times. I have multiple commands at Dollack games and even more awards.

The issue with blanding is numbers. LCP always has far too many people.

Walking tanks are nowhere near a magical prop. They are subject to the same things as tanks; grenades, satchels, and rockets. So I fail to see how you could draw that conclusion.

Benny T is a great guy, I know him from peanut butter nazis. However, just because he doesn't use them and runs a great game doesn't mean they shouldn't be used.

Seriously whats the difference between the 2 different armors?? Only a motor. They both do the same thing and are subject to the same rules. At least our armor can't seriously injure people by running them over.

Do you have any idea what that insurance costs? Or how many times my friends tanks have been sabotaged at games? At least we don't have to worry about our keys getting stolen, or the battery.

There is no difference between the armor except the motor. Your liking of a non-motorized armor to a magic prop is flawed at best. Its a walking tank not a magic carpet.

EDIT: another reason we don't have a motor is because ours comes apart and packs into a trunk so we don't have to tow it. Trust me I hear your gripes about magical invincibility crap, but this does not fall into that category.

Last edited by Harbinger[TG]; 04-29-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Harbinger[TG] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Gah I remember that Tank at Iron Forge. That was a heck of a game and even more of a pain to write character cards for. On the "magical Crap" debate, scenarios fill a nitch. Be they the more realistic guns and glory variety or the more flight of fantasy end of the spectrum. I have played both and will continue to play them so long as I like the producer and feel that I am getting my moneys worth. Simple fact of the matter is if you do not like a producer or style of play then don't go. Its as simple as that. I personally do not like producers that disallow barrel tags. The type where they stand up at the players briefing and rave about how they unlike their competitors put on a real paintball game where you have to be hit to be eliminated. Sorry i consider this unsafe. If some one has me dead to rights from a foot or so away from behind I would like the option to sock my gun and walk off instead of being shot point blank in the back. I talk with my wallet. I don't like a venue be it for the story,rules, producers attitude, safety record (perceived or other wise) or for any other factor and my money and usually that of my teammates and friends goes else where.

You don't like "Magic Genies in the porta potty" giving out winning game points don't play that game. It really is as easy as that. However when a day of play is over and done it was still a day of paintball regardless of if the producer threw in Puff the Magic Dragon or F18s.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ok ok. im not bashing you guys for walking tanks. i just dont like them and thats my opinion. i think they take away from the game.

theres all kinds of different paintball scenarios and if they were all "play army" oriented, it would get boring. but i do try and play alot of combat oriented scenarios. however i have been known to go to a monty python themed event just for kicks. so its cool to mix it up a bit.

and my logic is not flawed. ive been playin ball since the late 80's and yes i know about insurance, my team has 2 real paintball tanks. i just think that if your gonna have armor on your team and have the advantages of that armor, then you should have to go through the same endeavors as everyone else. walking tanks are easy and cheap to do, thus making it feasible for every average joe to use them. i think the teams whos players come together to share in the design, fabrication and expense of making real armor, should be rewarded for thier efforts by making the playing field a level ground to battle other real armored units. i mean theres some serious comittment from teams such as assasination and the blackhearts and dead by dawn. these guys have come together as a team and shared in the expense and design of thier toys. these guys have a serious investment in time, trial and error and money. it adds so much to the game and i love to walk through the camps sharin ideas and admiring these teams serious comittments.

so let me say that yes. i think they are gay. that does not mean i think you guys are any less of true paintballers. i am not here to bash you for using them. i am just taking a stand for those dedicated tankers out there that have a serious investment in time, design and money for thier tanks. if everyone could do it, then there would be no foot players anymore. we would all be runnin around in cardboard boxes dodgin satchels and never shoot the first ball.

now yes, i agree a walking tank has more potential to be safe. but i personally have never seen a single safety issue arise out of a motorized tank. tank crews must go to an additional briefing at most games i play and ussually have a ref on top of them during game play.

and thats too bad that you have had tanks sabotaged at games. thats horrible and right up there with gettin gear stolen. when we camp, we camp in a group surrounded by fellow teams that we have known for a long time and we all watch out for each other. theres hardly a moment when theres not somebody from our team or a fellow team around our tent city.

so please lets not let this sharing of ideas and opinions lead into a confrontational debate. we have both shared our views. my intentions are not to condemn thier use, but only to state how i, as a player and tanker, view the lack of limitations on what is deemed a tank. we are all sportsman in the great game of paintball.

APX regional Sales Rep.

Last edited by havokrooster; 04-29-2008 at 02:39 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast