mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Airsmith to the dogs..

Send a message via AIM to BigMatt-MadCustoms Send a message via Yahoo to BigMatt-MadCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokrooster View Post
see this is where i disagree. i hear this alot about alot of fields from folks who are not seated with a big team. i play a big game per month and thier prices are right along with everyone elses. i pay the same reg and paint as i would at say pbcharleston, command decisions, or any mpp game.

i hit this field the first 3 or 4 times with just me and one other baller (did that at most big fields here in the southeast). ive taken home awards from alot of bearclaw games for simply grabbing 20 or so of the walk ons and forming a team right there on the field. you can get on pbjunkie.com and go to any bearclaw game and simply post up your wanting to run with a group and youll find several walk on players, groups of 5 or 6 and even big teams to run with. and as far as the 1 case of paint, pump it. there are ALOT of pumpers out that way. i fear the pump.

i actually made some great friends out there. team tetanus is from yalls neck of the woods in m-boro and the home field team rocks and is a great group of ballers. come check it out.

my point being, you do not have to have a big team to have fun at a scenario event. if your easy to get along with, play honorably and can make friends, your gonna have fun and make lasting friendships.
Well put Ben...

and yes...Fear the Pump...

Matt
Old 12-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tactical Ventures

Or just fear the Matt.

Ripperdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Just to clarify, we wouldn't go if we didn't have a good time. It is expensive, sorry but $140 is a lot for anyone but yes that is what it costs anywhere to play a 24hour game even if they don't actually play for 24hours. I have talked to many a walk-on that have been lost in the mix (its easy when there are 600+ players) I tell them to join up with a bigger team to run missions. I always pump it!! Didn't mean to piss on the Bear Claw experience (funny thing is I've run missions with Southern Discomfort before) I just call it like I see it. I alway tell people I play with to try and make it to BC for a big game. Bob and Susie have a great operation.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Spoken.

we have had our eye on it, but we prefer to stay semi local and play together. i think that many people would suck some of the fun out of the experience. always wanted to do a 24 hour scenario though
Stuff for sale
Nike+ Sportband/sensor
Quitting Sale
Jdaddy615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdaddy615 View Post
we have had our eye on it, but we prefer to stay semi local and play together. i think that many people would suck some of the fun out of the experience. always wanted to do a 24 hour scenario though
Its defiantly worth the experience, you should try it.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

i thought the same thing, till i went to one. now i am hooked for life with a huge extended paintball family. just cant beat the energy at an event with that many ppl in one place who all have diehard love for the game.

East Tennessee Woodsball League

APX regional Sales Rep.
Paint promos, Sponsorships, Custom player gear.
havokrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
STARRiON Paintball Club

Check out STARRiON Paintball Park for a new field that is opening Jan 17th in the Boro.
STARRiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:54 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
I live in Spartanburg SC, it is a 7 hour drive for me to go to Bear Claw and it is well worth the drive. The field is great and I do not see the expensive side that someone mentioned here. The prices run along with all of the other places I have played all over the south and in fact are cheaper than some. You cannot judge a big game field next to a small rec field.
Me and Havok have played side by side and against each other several times over the past couple years at many venues and I have 2-3 favorite places to go, BC being at the top of the list. If you have had a bad experience there I am sorry, I have had great times along with hundreds of others that will be back at every MPP game held there.
http://www.pballcentral.com/
http://www.mppgames.com/

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Milkshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARRiON View Post
Check out STARRiON Paintball Park for a new field that is opening Jan 17th in the Boro.
Sounds good, I may have a home field!

Last edited by pbalien73; 12-20-2008 at 10:49 AM.
pbalien73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARRiON View Post
Check it out and let us know how it's going, never hurts to have another field in middle Tennesse.
Bearclaw does not do much in the line of weekend rec play.

AEDC was doing some games on base have never been there though.

RJ
R.J. is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast