mcarterbrown.com

Old 12-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Spoken.

Middle TN players?

we play primarily at big sky out towards shelbyville and occasionally mtp. just wondering if anyone here frequents there
Stuff for sale
Nike+ Sportband/sensor
Quitting Sale
Jdaddy615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Never been to Big Sky play with the guy's some at MTP.
Will be there this Sat. for Bill's Hunt for Rudolph.
Bill Stanfill the field owner has been a Nashville RidgeRunners since the mid 80s

RJ
R.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Live in the 'Boro, play all over TN and the country.

Haven't been to Big Sky, heard nice things about the facility
Old 12-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Spoken.

i'm hoping to make it out saturday as well to mtp. i also live in the boro right near mtsu...either of you been to Bear claw before?
Stuff for sale
Nike+ Sportband/sensor
Quitting Sale
Old 12-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdaddy615 View Post
i'm hoping to make it out saturday as well to mtp. i also live in the boro right near mtsu...either of you been to Bear claw before?
Planing on being there Sat.

I am persona non grata to say the least at bearclaw.

R.J.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Spoken.

not welcome at bearclaw huh? i personally have never been there, it's a good ways drive from murfreesboro...checked out the website a few times, it sounds impressive. but i do enjoy big sky and mtp
Stuff for sale
Nike+ Sportband/sensor
Quitting Sale
Old 12-16-2008, 09:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ill vouch for bearclaw. ive attended several major events there and highly recommend it. they do mpp events and sppl exclusively. they have a great crowd and staff everytime. hot showers, mess hall, real toilets. very nice for the 24hr gamer.

East Tennessee Woodsball League

APX regional Sales Rep.
Paint promos, Sponsorships, Custom player gear.
havokrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokrooster View Post
ill vouch for bearclaw. ive attended several major events there and highly recommend it. they do mpp events and sppl exclusively. they have a great crowd and staff everytime. hot showers, mess hall, real toilets. very nice for the 24hr gamer.
Yes Jdaddy, you will find no shortage here on MCB of lurkers ,from the portly boys journal, hanging out to promote any MPPGames.Suggest that you check pbreview.com for post by H2O about Bearclaw and DBD slam on H20.Gives you a good idea how well it is taken if you say something negative about BC. At least here at MCB you can post with out having your posts deleted for being "off topic".

RJ

Last edited by R.J.; 12-18-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: add content
Old 12-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Oh no. Here we go again

I have been playing in Middle TN for 5 years now. My teamate and I (yes there are two of us) usually play every Bearclaw 24 hour senario game we can. Mostly because we can plan ahead and make sure we open our schedules and budget for it. It is quite a drive and is expensive but its our 4-5 time a year indulgence. Great staff and very nice field but very, VERY team oriented. Sadly if you are a walk-on be ready to be lost in the mix especially if you can only afford 1 case of paint (sponsored teams love to hose the field). We have played 6-7 times at MTP (when there was an open to all MTSU paintball club) and have indulged in 20 or so outlaw (there was a group that played every sunday near my house) wood-ball games. I have considered starting up a field a few times but not in these economic times. It would be nice to have a field in the Murfreesboro area, not sure why we don't.

Last edited by pbalien73; 12-17-2008 at 05:28 PM.
pbalien73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbalien73 View Post
Oh no. Here we go again
It is quite a drive and is expensive but its our 4-5 time a year indulgence. Great staff and very nice field but very, VERY team oriented. Sadly if you are a walk-on be ready to be lost in the mix especially if you can only afford 1 case of paint (sponsored teams love to hose the field).
see this is where i disagree. i hear this alot about alot of fields from folks who are not seated with a big team. i play a big game per month and thier prices are right along with everyone elses. i pay the same reg and paint as i would at say pbcharleston, command decisions, or any mpp game.

i hit this field the first 3 or 4 times with just me and one other baller (did that at most big fields here in the southeast). ive taken home awards from alot of bearclaw games for simply grabbing 20 or so of the walk ons and forming a team right there on the field. you can get on pbjunkie.com and go to any bearclaw game and simply post up your wanting to run with a group and youll find several walk on players, groups of 5 or 6 and even big teams to run with. and as far as the 1 case of paint, pump it. there are ALOT of pumpers out that way. i fear the pump.

i actually made some great friends out there. team tetanus is from yalls neck of the woods in m-boro and the home field team rocks and is a great group of ballers. come check it out.

my point being, you do not have to have a big team to have fun at a scenario event. if your easy to get along with, play honorably and can make friends, your gonna have fun and make lasting friendships.

East Tennessee Woodsball League

APX regional Sales Rep.
Paint promos, Sponsorships, Custom player gear.
havokrooster is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast