mcarterbrown.com  

Southwest Arizona, New Mexico, Southern Colorado, and West Texas

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Not a Furry

Send a message via AIM to Clearush

TxPPG Spring Venues choices??

There are 4 possible places that I think can we can host the south game.

1. Petty Paintball (Austin)
2. PowerPlay (Waco)
3. 5J ( Houston I-45 North)
4. Paintball Zone North (Houston Hwy 59 North)

any other suggestions or opinions on where and why??

We all know Joe and he has a good venue for the game and is very pump friendly with good reff staff.

Lots of guys from Powerplay attend and I'm sure we can expect a great host field out of Powerplay also.

5J would be renting the scenario field, last time I was there they only had 4500psi hpa fills NO CO2 paint was decent.

Zone North I have no ideal about it but they do host local scenario games but we might be to small to work a deal out with them.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moose!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I love every one of the choice. I'm biased since PowerPlay is my home field, Petty's has always been fun, and Zone North was my home field for years back home.

I feel that we would just be a private group at Zone North though, and we wouldn't be able to add much of a scenario/mission w/o quite a bit of work. You can PM/Facebook me Clearush, and I can tell you Zone's normal way they work with groups. I am also friends with both managers/all the staff though, so I can see how a group would work out.

Coming from a person who has played at Zone North for about four or five years straight, I just don't feel it is worth a several hour trip for many of the returning players.
MCB Feedback
TechPB Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
a midget moose and a cross dressing pump player........yeah that seems about on par for MCB lol

Last edited by War0411; 11-15-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Are we too small for TxR?

I like Petty's. Excellent CO2 fills and the facility works.

Zone North has not been good on CO2 fills, but ok otherwise. Not much for restrooms, snacks, or shelter.

Waco is not really south is it? North of Waco is where all the Yankees come from.

Turkey and I will meet you guys wherever.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Moose!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Petty's has been enjoyable in the past and seems to be well situated in respect to most people not having terribly lengthy travel times.

At PowerPlay, we still have our layout up from a recent scenario, and we always have a decent group of players at most of the games.

I've never played at 5J's, so I can't offer any opinions on it, but it's close to home, so it would give me a good reason to travel down for a weekend.
MCB Feedback
TechPB Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
a midget moose and a cross dressing pump player........yeah that seems about on par for MCB lol
Old 11-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
The cries of the carrots

CCM Fan
IMO petty or powerplay. Waco is fairly close to me, and I wouldn't mind going to austin because austin is awesome.

Last edited by Hogzilla88; 11-16-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

petty's is good in my book (having very limited experience in TX). Has anyone asked Xtreme Paintball, in Manor, TX. If not, I'll inquire tomorrow.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Not a Furry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Are we too small for TxR?

Waco is not really south is it? North of Waco is where all the Yankees come from.
I haven't asked Trips about it but I got blown off last time I asked.

Waco isn't much further than Joe's place just a quick drive up Hwy 6 and Half the distance to DFW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
petty's is good in my book (having very limited experience in TX). Has anyone asked Xtreme Paintball, in Manor, TX. If not, I'll inquire tomorrow.
Does Xtreme have the woodsball facility and bases to work with to host a game like this?? I haven't played out at Manor since it was Manor Paintball in the late 90's

I do like having it out at Petty's also but I wanted to throw out some possible choices. Joe's place is easy access for San Antonio, Houston, Austin and Waco with all being a resonable day trip for those cities.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

yeah, after reflecting upon their field layout, Xtreme really doesn't have quite the right set up for a large, long woodball game. And I conveniently totally spaced out on asking the owner today. Next weekend, or I'll shoot him a mssg via the interwebzs.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Old 11-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearush View Post
I haven't asked Trips about it but I got blown off last time I asked.
Understood. I have to say, there have been a lot of deaths and illness around the TxR staff and players this year.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Not a Furry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Understood. I have to say, there have been a lot of deaths and illness around the TxR staff and players this year.
It's a fairly large community, the more people you know the more likely you are to run into tragedy at 1 time or another.

TXR would probably only be able to run us a private group and I'm not sure we could get the game play in that makes TxPPG more than just another recball day.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southwest