mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-08-2016, 09:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Underdog? I got your back

Update #2 Less than 400 bb's through it and the bolt broke in half. I can't say I'm very satisfied with this big POS at all. I wish now that I had spent more money for a better product. I feel like I purchased the Airsoft equivalent to basically any JT, or Spyder Kee produced paintball markers.
The most disappointing part of the whole deal is I was hoping this weekend would be the first time To hit the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
i think the phantom needle is in my arm for good now..
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Bolt or carrier? Ive never seen one just snap that quickly. Peen and deform is typically what they will do but that takes a LOT more rounds. Where did you purchase it?
Old 01-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

I guess the technical term is nozzle. The part that would be the bolt in a real firearm. Purchased from Evike. A new aftermarket alloy nozzle is $120. I'm not going to start sinking money in this thing though, I'm over it. I'm just going to off this gun and the mags and call it a day.

Quote:
Feedback
Old 01-12-2016, 11:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

OK, so those snap on occasion, just replace it with the stock one. Did you insert a mag on a closed bolt? That can damage the nozzle on almost all the different gas guns.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

I didn't put the mag in on an open bolt. It failed mid mag test shooting. springs and parts flying out. It's on it's way back to Evike. I found out there is a warranty window I was within. I'm hoping they will just exchange it for an upgrade. I'm now looking at the KJW and KWA models. On top of that, I've pretty much given up on the CO2 powered thing and am ready to go with a normal green gas model.
Quote:
Feedback
Old 01-15-2016, 09:56 AM   #16 (permalink)

I personally own a Kwa LM4. It has its quirks like any other, however the nosel is polamer with an alloy inset for the feeder paw and nosel head. The main issues I've had with mine over all have been the return spring breaking (after prolonged automatic fire, about 8 cyclic mags to be exact) but it's a cheep and easy part to replace. One c clip a couple punch pins and a $12 spring assembly. The stock hop-up is decent but wears out quick (the made the arm out of a very soft metal for some reason) but there again very cheep to buy an upgraded one. EVO II hop-up is only about $18.00. Takes a little know how and tinkering to get to the hop-up (plus voids the warranty) but it's a relatively easy process, especially if you are used to teching your own equipment. My personal gripe with mine is the upper receiver being 3-4 peices (which if you buying new you won't have this issue because they changed the design) so the pickitinny rail on top breaks away with my optic mounted. But as I've mentioned they fixed that with the new design. The mags are kinda heavy but that's not much of an issue for me because I'm used to the weight of the real steel mags being on me which is comparable.

Honestly it's a very reliable airsoft rifle. I highly recommend it if you want to go the GBBR route and don't want to dedicate the majority of your time to teching your rife.

I've also heard very good things about the GHK you've mentioned, but have never personnaly used one so I can't give any insight into it.

Hope what I've posted helps a little bit.
Peppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Thanks Peppy. I was actually looking at the KWA ptr too. How's the cool down on it? That We would only shoot about a half a mag on fa before freezing up.
Quote:
Feedback
Old 01-22-2016, 12:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

Haven't had many issues. I've found that I'll fill them up in the morning and between games I'll top off the ones I use and haven't had any issues. Every now and then it won't lock back after full auto but I only use it on semi so it's never bothered me
Peppy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Special BB Squad (Airsoft)