mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Sterling (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sterling/)
-   -   Aftermarket upgrades (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sterling/144870-aftermarket-upgrades.html)

Janek 12-27-2010 06:44 PM

Aftermarket upgrades

What kind of aftermarket upgrades would you like to see available? If the numbers are there I'm sure someone can come forward and make the asked for parts.

We here @ Arrow Precision would love to see some new parts and mods done to the Sterling.

splashkitsrock420 12-27-2010 07:37 PM

adj bolt with dual pump arm holes............(ONE THAT DOSENT COST AN ARM AND A LEG)

larger id pump handle (I HATED INDICATING MY PUMP HANDLE IN ON THE LATHE)........one that would fit a freak would be nice...:).

a good spring kit......

a place to get these parts in the u.s. ....:)

sry bout the caps.....big fingers

give me some time .......ill think of something else.....

love the interest.....:)

Janek 12-27-2010 10:15 PM

The stock barrel is about 1 inch in diameter...How fat is a freak back? Isn't it about the same?

oldironmudder 12-27-2010 10:59 PM

I just checked both of my Freak backs ('Cocker & Spyder), neither will fit into my older Sterling's handle. I plan to use my freak set for my next Sterling since they are Spyder threaded & this bums me out a little knowing that I will have to 'hack up' a new gun right off the bat.

I measured them & there is around .070 difference. (Calipers are old & USED & not very accurate)

Ninja Edit: Spring kits would be great!! Im not to worried about it with my current Sterling since Im running a 20oz or 45/45 with it but my second one will be stuck with 12g & I want to get everything out of them as I can.

Janek, I called Mark the other day about a Sov3. The one he has is set up for HPA, is it only springing that needs to be changed for Co2?

Janek 12-28-2010 01:10 AM

oldironmudder,

So what's the outer diameter on your freak?

As to the Sovereign, I just checked the manual and it doesn't mention that you need to change springs, just that the reg needs to be set to 450-500psi. I admit I don't know enough about the Sov and I've only recently started learning the ins and outs of the Sterling pump.

I can ask the engineer, but that's not going to happen until 4th of january when we go back to work.

oldironmudder 12-28-2010 11:54 AM

.990 is my freak

THE-SHOOTIST 12-28-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splashkitsrock420 (Post 1611412)

a good spring kit......

a place to get these parts in the U.S. ....:)

.:)

I'll add:

Different weight hammers.

Different frame style which would have an M-16 lug on it so it will accept M-16 handles, .45 adapters or 86* handles.

Old style thread barrels.

Right and left feed bodies for those of us like me who hate vertical feeds.
(That's the only thing keeping me from buying a new one.)

splashkitsrock420 12-28-2010 05:31 PM

yea im thinking i drilled my pump handle with a 1in drill..to fit my cut down raptor freak back...been a long time so .990 sounds rigght

i like the lightned or heavy hammer idea......

btw is there anyone sailing sterling parts in the us...if so who? contact info ....?

THE-SHOOTIST 12-28-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splashkitsrock420 (Post 1612604)
yea im thinking i drilled my pump handle with a 1in drill..to fit my cut down raptor freak back...been a long time so .990 sounds rigght

i like the lightned or heavy hammer idea......

btw is there anyone sailing sterling parts in the us...if so who? contact info ....?

That's the problem with Sterlings, someone gets them, reps them for a few years, and then vanishes. Over the years there's been:
LADA
Pro-Line
Smart-Parts
Bad Boys Toys

Sterling NEEDS a 'Brick and Mortar' place in the states which will stay here. Like CCI or Palmer's, someone who isn't going to drop the line due to sluggish sales. Everyone is looking for 'the fast 1,' not the 'slow 5'.

And Splashkit, the 'lightened' hammers are around, mostly in older STP rigs, set up for 12 grams or liquid. Three or four weights would work.
I pray that the boys in the UK read this, we're sort of a 'lost' or 'greatly neglected' group of customers in the US.

I've been to the UK, EVERYONE has a Sterling.............
But here, we're a minority............
(We demand Equal Rights under VELCOR'S Law!)

:)

Critical 12-28-2010 05:58 PM

Isn't TAGRoland a dealer for Sterlings now? Might try giving him a call.