mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Sterling (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sterling/)
-   -   AT issue? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sterling/147477-issue.html)

idkfa 01-18-2011 02:16 PM

AT issue?

What exactly is the "autotriggering" problem with Sterlings, how can it be fixed, and what model/era of Sterling does it affect?

Janek 01-19-2011 05:53 PM

Not sure I understand your question...

I have yet to experience the aforementioned problem unless what you mean by this, is that a Sterling does not require any modification for you to be able to autotrigger with it. All you have to do is keep the trigger pulled and pump the marker to shoot.

The easiest "fix" for that is to not keep pulling the trigger between shots.

idkfa 01-19-2011 06:16 PM

Sorry, I should explain. I have heard from several Sterling users that there is an issue with "timing" at the AT. I believe it sometimes slips and ATs with or without the trigger pulled? That is all I know.

THE-SHOOTIST 01-19-2011 06:24 PM

That's news to me. I've never heard about anything of that nature with the Sterling.......................

crawler78 01-20-2011 07:14 AM

never heard this before and have used sterling for a yrs

idkfa 01-20-2011 08:06 AM

Fair enough then. If it is not a common concern, then I will digress. Thanks guys!

oldironmudder 01-20-2011 10:32 AM

I have had that issue a little. Start out the day perfect & a couple games in & cant A/T. After taking it completely apart only to find nothing wrong, I figured out the front screw was getting a little loose & I guess letting stuff go to far forward or something. Ive got into a habit of checking it before, after & during the slow spots of a game. Ive been thinking that a star washer like on a Spyder or lock washer would work but havent got around to it.

Pump_paintballer 01-20-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldironmudder (Post 1648733)
I have had that issue a little. Start out the day perfect & a couple games in & cant A/T. After taking it completely apart only to find nothing wrong, I figured out the front screw was getting a little loose & I guess letting stuff go to far forward or something. Ive got into a habit of checking it before, after & during the slow spots of a game. Ive been thinking that a star washer like on a Spyder or lock washer would work but havent got around to it.

Yep what he said. The only issue I ever had with my sterlings triggers all traced back to the frame screws loosening.

THE-SHOOTIST 01-20-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldironmudder (Post 1648733)

I've found that small o-rings on the shank of the screws work better than any split or star type of lock-washer.

crawler78 01-20-2011 03:45 PM

my screw has a thin rubber washer already. it stays tight. and the op stated it did autotrigger, just not when wanted. but still good troubleshooting info for someone hopefully