mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Sterling (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sterling/)
-   -   Couple of Sterling Q's... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sterling/174345-couple-sterling-qs.html)

AGDRetro 08-29-2011 11:10 PM

Couple of Sterling Q's...
 
I am looking to pick up a Sterling similar to the one pictured below, but I need to know 3 things...
  1. OD of vertical feedneck
  2. OD of stock barrel
  3. Distance from breech to the end of the pump handle in the closed position (neon green line in picture)

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/.../STERLINGQ.jpg

My plan is to hack the feed down and throw on a Clone/Cyborg clamping feedneck. If the barrel OD matches I'm thinking a Spyder threaded Xcel barrel with a Python compression kit, so long as the Xcel wont be too short and look dumb with the pump handle.

i8pie2day 08-29-2011 11:39 PM

Barrel OD is one inch I believe... nit sure about anything else...

Bartman 08-30-2011 08:51 AM

I wont get to the shop till Saturday to look, but Will measure it all for you if you want at that point, I am pretty sure though the OD of the barrel is 1" I have a freak on mine and it seems to be 1" , what I understand is the stock barrel is the same size

Bart

AGDRetro 08-31-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartman (Post 1984222)
I wont get to the shop till Saturday to look, but Will measure it all for you if you want at that point, I am pretty sure though the OD of the barrel is 1" I have a freak on mine and it seems to be 1" , what I understand is the stock barrel is the same size

Bart

That would be much appreciated Bart! I'll send you some internet cookies as a reward:drool:

Bartman 09-01-2011 09:39 AM

no problem I might make it out this afternoon aft I drop the kids off at the sitters, if I do I will post it up from the shop,

I just got mine about a week ago, and love it so far, going to build a few parts for mine here in the coming months, Already made a clamping feed neck

Bart

Bartman 09-06-2011 12:08 AM

Finally got a Chance to sit down with my STP, pump in back position to the front of the body 5"

Pump in back position to center of breach looks to be 7 9/16

I don't have a stock barrel, but the hole in the pump handle measures just over 1" ID, so I would assume that the stock barrel is 1" or its metric equivalent

Hope that helps, I am hopping to get out to the shop this weekend and get started on another one of my sterling projects will post pics as there done.

Bart

AGDRetro 09-06-2011 01:38 AM

Thanks for the info Bartman, any idea on that feedneck OD?

spece108 09-06-2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDRetro (Post 1992756)
Thanks for the info Bartman, any idea on that feedneck OD?

I always liked pushing a revi down over the vert feed neck. Then securing it with a hose clamp around the outside, sits pretty low, works great. Works with vert feed phantoms too.

grimace 09-06-2011 10:04 AM

I have an important question for the people taking measurements (Bartman). Are you measuring an STP with sterling threads or spyder threads? I know for a fact that the pump handle in the newer sterlings is larger to accomidate the 1" spyder threaded barrels. The OP's picture is the previous gen STP with sterling threads and IIRC the barrel OD is something like 7/8. I don't have a stock barrel hand to measure though.

AGDRetro 09-06-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimace (Post 1992939)
I have an important question for the people taking measurements (Bartman). Are you measuring an STP with sterling threads or spyder threads? I know for a fact that the pump handle in the newer sterlings is larger to accomidate the 1" spyder threaded barrels. The OP's picture is the previous gen STP with sterling threads and IIRC the barrel OD is something like 7/8. I don't have a stock barrel hand to measure though.

Good question, I just used that picture for reference, no longer own that gun...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC