mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalpumpballer View Post
that is incorrect, I've used armson sights and izons on many of my center feed guns
So, the centerfeed actually does leave a little bit of room for viewing the target from a sight? I would think that the feed basically blocks the vision directly down the body of the gun, where you would mount the sight.
Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Braden Lowe

Pump or electro, i will only ever shoot centerfeed. For me personally, i find it a lot more balanced when shooting on either side.
thetunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine View Post
So, the centerfeed actually does leave a little bit of room for viewing the target from a sight? I would think that the feed basically blocks the vision directly down the body of the gun, where you would mount the sight.
with both eyes open you can see through the feed neck and the dot on the target

Last edited by socalpumpballer; 02-10-2012 at 11:49 PM.
socalpumpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Wouldnt you also "see past" the site if its inline with the feed neck? How do you look past one but not the other?
Old 02-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It does block the vision if you close one eye, and aim down it like a traditional scope. However, if you open both eyes and aim down the sight, then the little dot/cross hair super imposes itself on your designated target.

A collimator sight is a type of optical sight that allows the user looking into it to see an illuminated aiming point aligned with the device the sight is attached to regardless of eye position (with little parallax). Collimator sights are blind sights, they are used with both eyes open while one looks into the sight, with one eye open and moving the head to alternately see the sight and then at the target, or using one eye to partially see the sight and target at the same time. Collimator sights are a relatively old idea, being used in many forms for almost 100 years. They are also referred to as collimating sights or "occluded eye gunsight" (OEG).

As for your original question, is RF/LF, then Powerfeed, then Vert feed. Vert feed was established as it was suggested that a gun with a taller ball stack would feed faster then the powerfeeds with the loaders at that time. As the loaders got faster, the vert feeds got shorter and people learned to shoot with both eyes open.

As many do, people compare paintball markers to real guns and try to shoot them based on what they have learned in the past. You have to change your shooting style to get optimal performance with a paintball marker. Also, I don't know if you ever used a double triggered marker before, but how many times have you seen a double trigger on a real firearm ? To all the genius's out there, I'm referring to a two finger trigger, not the double action on a double barrel shotgun.
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Confirmed Agglet

CCM Fan
I have shot left right and center. Center is the easiest to play with in my experience. I can go left or right handed. And it is not off balanced.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
tomdabmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
I would say that it's a combination on factors...

1) sight use is on the decline. Offset feeds were built specifically so that all players could install a sight, or at least sight down the barrel... (Danoman's last point... People were used to sighting firearms down the barrel or with a sight there.)

2) Center feed is simpler to design and simpler to make. Probably some savings in production cost at volume, too.

I like rf/lf guns too... Partially because there aren't a lot of them made anymore.

You know what's DEFINITELY staying dead? Powerfeed.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

I much prefer a RF 'gun. I shoulder the 'gun on my right and having the hopper on the right opens up my field of view during play. I also use a red dot sight and like having as little as possible in my sight path. I have no problems sighting with both eyes open.

Right feed/left feed 'guns are preferred equipment for those with stronger shooting backgrounds with real steel. Center feed 'guns are preferred mostly by those players with little shooting background outside paintball.

There are negatives to CF over RF/LF if the player perceives there to be - despite what one of the above posters states.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
ton up boy

I hope RF would gain more popularity again. Then I could shoot hoppers all day long.
In woodsball, its not that critical, but in speedball it is. Thatīs also where most guns are designed.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
baader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR View Post
Right feed/left feed 'guns are preferred equipment for those with stronger shooting backgrounds with real steel. Center feed 'guns are preferred mostly by those players with little shooting background outside paintball.
I don't know that that's an accurate statement. I have a pretty strong background in firearms, and I have no desire to fire a RF/LF marker again at all. It just didn't take long for me to realize that paintball gun != real gun, and as such doesn't require the same firing style.

I am however pretty driven at the moment to get into some magazine/warp feed/qloader action though, just so I don't have a hopper of any sorts hanging out the side of the bunker. Just the barrel and an eyeball.
Blackops is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sterling