mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

A big issue with offset feeds is that the weight of the hopper can pull the gun off to one side, and cause the elbow to slip around. For those of us using stick feeds and 50 round hoppers, it isn't an issue at all.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #22 (permalink)

I prefer right side feeds nearly every time even regardless if the gun is pump, mech-semi, or even electric-semi.

The reason why is because of my other hobbies. I am more into firearms than paintball (especially sub-machineguns) I want to hold and aim my paintball guns in a similar manner to that of a firearm with a stock and a big part of that is having the least unobstructed sighting view as possible. I like aiming down the center-line down the barrel and with a vertical feed I either sight down the side (Bren style) or tilt the gun and I don't like to make a habit of this.

With that being said I own a few vertical feed guns and like them but would prefer they came in a right feed version.
TwoLaneBlackTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
A big issue with offset feeds is that the weight of the hopper can pull the gun off to one side, and cause the elbow to slip around.
I could go on about proper form and all that, but I don't want to sound like someone who says that you shouldn't take your hand off the pump...

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
Let that be a lesson to all you criminal types. Don't steal old and unique paintball gear. We are the market and we will find you.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

RF, LF, CF ... what difference does it make? I can see over the horizontal tube in all those configs.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
I could go on about proper form and all that, but I don't want to sound like someone who says that you shouldn't take your hand off the pump...
I'm not much one for form, anyways. Droop has some footage of me flopping around like a fish when I hit the indoor turf.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
...the paint feeds faster - and the hopper can sit lower.
I remember that being conventional wisdom for a long time, but didn't someone do a scientific (ish) test and determine the actual feed rate difference was virtually negligible?

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Riverside Renegades

I started with a powerfeed spyder years ago, and learned to sight down the left side of the gun/barrel. As a right handed shooter, this "made sense" to me, and I went with it. Due to the range of paintball I found that over time, muscle memory counted more than any sighting (wood or speed). When I had a sterling this was definitely true for me.

I like center feed because the balance works. My phantom with vl200 offset to the right just felt weird, compared to the centerfeed setup I also got. The right feed on the sterling felt ok because the base gun is a lot heavier.

Which leads me to a another possible reason you see center feed. Manufacturing cost. AGD & CCI were the only companies that I remember built left/right options for their guns. Producing and stocking left/right bodies has a cost that many small companies may not have wanted to bother with.
Matt DRown is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sterling