mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Sterling (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sterling/)
-   -   Old school Pro-Line Sterling question (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/sterling/215644-old-school-pro-line-sterling-question.html)

turbowagonman 10-09-2012 04:50 PM

Old school Pro-Line Sterling question

I've just recently started back up playing paintball. Back in the early 2000's I sold all of my Auto's but I kept my Sterling, since it's an old school Sterling parts are no longer avalible for it. I remember back in the day (circa '98) I had to replace the Hammer Sear and I'm worried about it breaking again since this is my regular duty gun. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to put the Arrow-Precision Hammer Sear in a Pro-line? Here in about another month I'm going to be getting a new STP and when I get the new gun I'm going to do a compare and contrast to see if it will work in my Pro-Line but I was just wondering if this has been done before. If it has, did it work? Was there any modifications nessacary?

THE-SHOOTIST 10-09-2012 08:17 PM

I'm still running my "original" sear, and mine's a LADA which predates both Proline and Arrow-Precision Sterlings. Best I can tell, as I "borrowed"a velocity adjustable pick-up and a heavier "Bronze" hammer is anything Sterling will fit anything Sterling, with the excepion of the barrels, which are Sterling or Spyder threaded.

Tinman 10-09-2012 08:28 PM

The new ones work just dandy... + theres a velocity lug in the center
buy a few springs with the new hammer you won't have to buy anything for a really long time.

turbowagonman 10-09-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST (Post 2499500)
I'm still running my "original" sear, and mine's a LADA which predates both Proline and Arrow-Precision Sterlings. Best I can tell, as I "borrowed"a velocity adjustable pick-up and a heavier "Bronze" hammer is anything Sterling will fit anything Sterling, with the excepion of the barrels, which are Sterling or Spyder threaded.

On the sear, I'm just being paranoid and don't want my gun to go down on me and if it does I want to have the parts to fix it on the spot. I totaly agree that a "Sterling" is a "Sterling"; they all have the same shaped bodies.
As for the barrel, I'm so glad I bought a SP AA back in the 90's beacause I'm going to send it out, probbably this weekend, and get it Freak Bored.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinman (Post 2499517)
The new ones work just dandy... + theres a velocity lug in the center
buy a few springs with the new hammer you won't have to buy anything for a really long time.

Those are the reason I'm buying a new one. I've had such good luck with an old one I can only hope the new one will last me 15+ years

James_Blond 10-10-2012 08:57 AM

some parts are interchangeable. However some of the old rails and grip frames are slightly different from the AP sterlings and you may have to tinker to get them to line up. But I would think the internals would work okay. You may have to adjust the timing of the pump.