mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Sovereign fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
So Mike, the Blue is a possibilty......yeah
That is an awesome color, I just hope I can get me a S/C in that color.
The blue Stock-Class is going to be gorgeous! We're going to work on that once these French projects are out of the way. I have some photos of Vanguard Creeds and Proto Matrixes in a similar blue, but with silver or chrome grip frames. Sounds weird, but it really worked. Then I had to stop and remind myself that this isn't my gun... lol!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Meek wizard

Send a message via ICQ to Ghostpilot Send a message via AIM to Ghostpilot Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostpilot

Just my two cents.
I am a dedicated Sterling player. My old Proline Sterling STP is still my main marker I use no matter what markers my opponents has. If I were to buy a new Sterling or possible future upgrades and such, I would mostly look for features that would either make my marker more easy to handle/clean/use or things that would let me adapt my marker from one play style to another (use one marker for all play styles. Stock class, open class, etc)

One of my personal Sterling wet dreams is backwards compatibility. What do I mean with that then? If I bought a new sterling I would expect a certain degree of freedom to set up the marker to fit my unique taste and play style but still be able to use parts that fit my old sterling. For instance a frame with eurogrip fitting that could take any grip. That exists on the Bronze already, but I would want to see it go one more step by adding a grip that would accept the grip panels from my older Sterling STP so I could go from lets say euro grip to 45grip to old-school Sterling STP grip and back again as simple as unscrewing a nut and changing grips.

How about official versions of things that you need to buy custom from 3rd party right now? Such as a foregrip ASA integrated in the frame/body spacer, undercocking kit or bottomline dovetails milled in the frame. Since my marker is an older Sterling STP, it has the sterling threads thus making me biased twoards sterling-threads. Even so, I would welcome an adapter to let me use spyder or cocker barrels too. That would just expand my Sterling STP world a little more. I would love an high pressure foregrip regulator with a swiveling input at the bottom, all in a matching anodizing colour with my marker. Re-invent the spring kit/parts kit, 12g Co2 spring kit and HPA spring kit maybe?

As a side note, one of many many reasons why CCM's markers are so popular is the ability to choose colour of individual parts and mix and match as you please, thus creating an more unique marker just for you. I know the Sterling is more of a one piece body kind of marker but still, the new Sterling has more "loose" parts that could be in another colour to fit anyones taste.

The sum of all my ramblings here seems to be freedom of choice to make my marker feel more unique and customized for me from the start. Superficial maybe, but that's what makes heads turn in the safe zone when someone unpacks something colourful and sleek looking.

Last edited by Ghostpilot; 01-27-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: English language and Swedish grammar doesn't mix well...
Ghostpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to oldironmudder

I agree with what ghostpilot said. People like options even if they dont need them.

A spring kit that would work with all Sterlings would be the sh!t. The foregrip/regulator would also be good on the end user & yall's part. Nearly every player today is so used to a front grip & being as one is not offered, that might be a turn off to some people. The extended rail I had for a short time took automag VAs & foregrips. Might be worth looking into other marker grips for that many more options.

Crossroads Paintball Field - Clarksville, Arkansas 5.5 miles from I40

Arkansas Paintball Exchange <-BST for Arkansas & surrounding states
oldironmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Sovereign fanatic

Some great suggestions there, guys. It's going to be a very busy 2013!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via MSN to matt

Mike, I sent you an email with my order, but have not received a reply. Did you get it?
matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Sovereign fanatic

Hi Matt. I got your email. I was snowed out of the office on Friday, but I'm back at my desk catching up with all my orders. I'll have something for your inbox today. ;-)
Old 01-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
Sovereign fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
Mike, I sent you an email with my order, but have not received a reply. Did you get it?
Matt, you have mail. :-)
Old 01-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via MSN to matt

Mike, you make me one happy, broke, money saving sterling owner.
matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

all i can say is purple! and i dont know why i just want a dual arm on one for some reason?
a 90 frame would be a sweet option as well. they always seem popular.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/e...ml#post2519002
crawler78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Bartman

AKA Fan
I just put a CCM 86 frame on my STP, and its comfortable as all hell now

Bartq
Its always better with a pump, and camo
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...l#post2603541y
Bartman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sterling