mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Sovereign fanatic

Production Meeting

Hi guys.Thanks for your support and patience, here's the news so far.

Colours: We're very happy with the feedback on colours. We're going to mix it up with small runs of different colours. British Racing green may become an exclusive colour with one of our partners, so get in touch if you want one. Dave suggested a fade range might capture your imagination, so I'm going to have a look at our anodisers next week and see what they can come up with.

Feed-Neck: I'm afraid I'm still waiting on a price. Something to do with calculating machine-time from the shopfloor. I will pursue this as it's a vital part to my plans for 2013.

Barrel Threads: The classic sterling-thread body has a loyal following, but is very much a niche product. It is rare and will continue to become even rarer.

More information to come when I'm allowed to release it... :-)
Old 01-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
chuff chuff

A barrel kit for existing Sterling thread users would be lovely. Even something that just takes freak inserts.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

splash patterns?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

I love what I'm hearing possible low rise feed-neck, anno fades.

I'm 1 vote for splash?
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
pump snob

oh.. i don't know.. how about a belsales predator autococker knockoff version.. in British racing green of course w/ a couple of stylish cuts on the back..
Old 01-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Bartman

AKA Fan
my vote would be for a raw set, so we can get them custom ano at our favorite shop

oh, and a sterling barrel kit of some sort

Bart
Its always better with a pump, and camo
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...l#post2603541y
Bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sovereign fanatic

Well, Steve and I went for a meeting with our anodising partners yesterday. We wanted to see what they could do for us this year. We had a look at the colours and styles available. We found a gorgeous blue (thanks, Turbo) that looked great and a vivid red. The lime green you saw in the prototype is a firm favourite, so PM me if you want one.
Fade patterns was another topic. The process was explained to us in great detail and the importance of matching colours to get the right effect. Dave is all over a camo green/brown Sterling at the moment, so he was pleased to know that's a possibility.
Splash anodising is crazy! We were given a mini-demonstration and it's amazing how much work goes into the drying, sealing and baking of each layer. Typically, a splash pattern is done over a couple of days, which each colour sealed by baking it for 24 hours. Its' way more expensive than a fade due to the time involved and waste materials. It's doable, but expensive. I think any splash models will be custom one-offs, with an exclusive price point to match.There was a lot of technical terms and chemical names used, but it was very informative.

I'm thinking of fade-to-black colours, a homage to the fade Eclipse Cockers of old.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

Man, no one wants to do splashes any more. That's what I miss most about old-school paintball. You made a custom gun? There better be some damn splash on there. Mike, my old Proline gun is starting to get long in the tooth. You guys do an "elite" model with a little cutting and splash (ala the old eclipse sterlings) I'll certainly jump on that. Especially if you offer it like they did in the old days with a p-stock. LOL as an adult I miss all my teenage dream guns - they don't do it like they used to.

Green to brown fade would be nice.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

So Mike, the Blue is a possibilty......yeah
That is an awesome color, I just hope I can get me a S/C in that color.
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Sovereign fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKaL View Post
Man, no one wants to do splashes any more. That's what I miss most about old-school paintball. You made a custom gun? There better be some damn splash on there. Mike, my old Proline gun is starting to get long in the tooth. You guys do an "elite" model with a little cutting and splash (ala the old eclipse sterlings) I'll certainly jump on that. Especially if you offer it like they did in the old days with a p-stock. LOL as an adult I miss all my teenage dream guns - they don't do it like they used to.

Green to brown fade would be nice.
I'm loving the P-Stock idea, Jakal. We could have it anodised to match the gun. The guys can still do splash, it's just going to carry a substantial price premium. On the plus side, splash Sterlings are going to be super rare and very, very cool. On another project, we had a purple splash Eclipse Sovereign that we tried to restore. Eventually, it needed so many replacement parts, it no longer resembled a vintage Sovereign. With my new-found respect for the splash anodising process, I'm going to keep the body, transplant new Sovereign internals and keep her for myself!

I'll ask Dave to check our range of stocks on Monday.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sterling