mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

So, I used my new Proline....

I picked up a Proline off of ebay a couple of weeks ago and used on a Wednesday night game the following week the way it came to me. When I used it for the first time I just popped my 45/4500 Peanut tank on it, had to change out my Hammer Spring to get the velocity down to 277-282. It was too long and it wasn't as smooth as my other Proline so I knew I needed to do some "refining". A week goes by and I polished all the internals, put an old Venturi bolt I had purchased in the 90's, threw on a CP Drop Forward with an on/off ASA and a 22/3000 Guerrilla Air tank.

Yesterday I had used it with all of my refinements and all I can say is WOW, it's amazing how just those couple of mods made a drastic improvement to the gun. After I got checked in I walked up to the chrono station and I was shooting in the high 260's on the FPS so I did a spring swap and shoot between 277-280 on 5 shots. I did plan on putting a Palmers Female Stabalizer on it but with it being only a 3 FPS variability just using the tank reg I don't see a reason to spend the money, what do you guy's think? Here's a couple of pics.

Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Nice gun Turbo!
I never thought much about the venturi-style bolts, I never saw any difference in any gun I put one in. How 'bout you?
Old 08-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
Nice gun Turbo!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
I never thought much about the venturi-style bolts, I never saw any difference in any gun I put one in. How 'bout you?
"Back in the day" I remember using this and I didn't like it because it dropped my velocity. Back then I wasn't quite as fluent with tuning the Sterling's so I didn't want to put the time in at the chrono station and it never got used really. All I can say is, this time when I used it the balls were flying straight and for a good distance so I'm happy with it. The reason I decided to use it now is because the stroke is so much easier than the stock bolt.
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

I used to use the EXACT same setup. There is no better shooting pump than a nice condition sterling.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

Beauty!
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

What are you doing with my bolt in your gun? Send it back!
Nice set up. I made a venturi durilan bolt for my half blocked Sterling and it shoots smooth and straight ,although I do loose a few fsp.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical,
Liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Do we find the cost of freedom
Buried in the ground
Mother Earth will swallow you
Lay your body down
lyrics-crosby-stills-nash
Runamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
What are you doing with my bolt in your gun? Send it back!
Nice set up. I made a venturi durilan bolt for my half blocked Sterling and it shoots smooth and straight ,although I do loose a few fsp.
I noticed I lost some fps myself. I set the springs with the stock bolt in and it was at 277 - 282, then when I put the Venturi bolt in I was down to 266 - 271. A simple hammer spring swap and I was up to 277 - 280. I had to love it because the range of the fps got even less

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sterling