mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Super_Stanchy Customs (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/super_stanchy-customs/)
-   -   Threading Services (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/super_stanchy-customs/221726-threading-services.html)

super_stanchy 12-22-2012 12:10 PM

Threading Services
 
Hey guys...

I just wanted to post up and have a list of barrel threading I have done, have programs written for and tooling ready.


-Tipx/A5/X7 (.875 OD Tipx needs 5.8" long)
-CP Barrel Tip (.875+ OD)
-Autococker (15/16+ OD)
-Freak Tip (.875+ OD)
-Shaft2 Tip
-CCM Tip (.875+ OD)
-Sterling (.861+ OD)
-Ion

ID THREADING...
-Shaft2 Back
-Autococker (need to rewrite and double check)




Future Projects...

-UL Tip
-CCI (have the program, need the ACME tooling)


As for offering it as a service, its hard to do, the CNC Lathe I use is the emergency/project machine, so sometimes I cant get on it for a week or two... just food for thought :)

-Stanchy

tymcneer 12-23-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super_stanchy (Post 2570285)
Hey guys...

I just wanted to post up and have a list of barrel threading I have done, have programs written for and tooling ready.


-Tipx/A5/X7
-CP Barrel Tip
-Autococker
-Freak Tip
-Shaft2 Tip



Future Projects...
-Sterling Threads
-UL Tip
-CCM Tip
-CCI (have the program, need the ACME tooling)


As for offering it as a service, its hard to do, the CNC Lathe I use is the emergency/project machine, so sometimes I cant get on it for a week or two... just food for thought :)

-Stanchy

Now, I can officially say... I hate you ;)

If you grind your own tool, the CCI threads are just annoying.

Ty

super_stanchy 12-23-2012 01:22 AM

I ground my own insert two years ago, then it got thrown away...

Too busy to make or order one!

tymcneer 12-23-2012 01:51 AM

My current job likes to throw away "junk" I have made... Then they discover *why* I made some jig or another, and then I get to make another one :grrrr:

Glad you have these in the machine... Now If I could ever get a CNC lathe that wasn't toy sized :(

Ty

super_stanchy 12-23-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymcneer (Post 2570883)
My current job likes to throw away "junk" I have made... Then they discover *why* I made some jig or another, and then I get to make another one :grrrr:

Glad you have these in the machine... Now If I could ever get a CNC lathe that wasn't toy sized :(

Ty

Well its a small omniturn cnc on a hardinge Lathe

1.25 thru
5c collets
She's pretty small

tymcneer 12-23-2012 10:57 PM

That's more through spindle than my 10R :( Though I can use 5C, which makes it a great lathe for *most* of my jobs. :)

Can you do Spyder internal threading on a simple aluminum slug? I have need of a 1"+ OD "thread protector" for Spyder threads, but I can not do Metric threads. :(

Ty

super_stanchy 12-23-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymcneer (Post 2571483)
That's more through spindle than my 10R :( Though I can use 5C, which makes it a great lathe for *most* of my jobs. :)

Can you do Spyder internal threading on a simple aluminum slug? I have need of a 1"+ OD "thread protector" for Spyder threads, but I can not do Metric threads. :(

Ty

probably, i've never done spyder, but doest mean i cant do it :)
just gotta look into it, do you happen to know the thread specs?

tymcneer 12-23-2012 11:59 PM

19mm by uh... Nope Not off the top of my head ;)

If you get a chance to, just PM me the price, and I will get you the money, assuming it isn't too expensive. I need the thread protector for doing milling and turning operations, so they are kinda expendible.

Ty

chopper duke 12-25-2012 02:55 PM

Can you do 1/2x28 threads concentric to a bore?

super_stanchy 12-25-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopper duke (Post 2572529)
Can you do 1/2x28 threads concentric to a bore?

yup
(well as concentric as the material you give me....)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC