mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Super_Stanchy Customs (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/super_stanchy-customs/)
-   -   Pgp (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/super_stanchy-customs/227747-pgp.html)

Pumplayer 03-02-2013 08:01 PM

Pgp

Is there any modding you can do to a newer pgp?

super_stanchy 03-04-2013 11:42 AM

nope

i try to stay away from brass... we never really got along

i do have a pgp right now... scored it on CL for my little bro for $15

I polished it (meh)
I made an RVA for it
I am putting a CCM T2 frame on it (need to order guts for the frame, frame was just layin around)
I made a new front plug for the feed

tymcneer 03-04-2013 06:55 PM

What kind of modding do you have in mind?

Ty

Pumplayer 03-04-2013 07:07 PM

Well I just started looking at it didn't know much about them when I bought it and the previous owner said it was the new one but its the old one but I would like to get a rva. What other mods can you do to them?

tymcneer 03-04-2013 07:25 PM

Super_Stanchy can make the RVA cheaper than I can ;)

There is a long list of things that can be done. Some as simple as tuning the valve for better efficiency. Others are more complex, such as slots in the feed tube to see the remaining paint. Others are far more complex, such as spring feeds and barrel replacements.

I highly recommend you poke around in the Sheridan section of the Armory and look at pictures of what people have done. About the only limit to what you can imagine into a paintball marker, is *usually* your wallet ;)

Ty

super_stanchy 03-04-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymcneer (Post 2643862)
Super_Stanchy can make the RVA cheaper than I can ;)

There is a long list of things that can be done. Some as simple as tuning the valve for better efficiency. Others are more complex, such as slots in the feed tube to see the remaining paint. Others are far more complex, such as spring feeds and barrel replacements.

I highly recommend you poke around in the Sheridan section of the Armory and look at pictures of what people have done. About the only limit to what you can imagine into a paintball marker, is *usually* your wallet ;)

Ty

ya i can knock out an RVA...
might have to do a run of em... think i saw some 7/8 brass scrap layin around

brass/alumium/steel?

good idea on the slots... im gonna have to grab ollies pgp and throw some on it!

tymcneer 03-04-2013 07:33 PM

Oooo... Brass RVA's!

Heck, I would be willing to buy a few, at the right price :)

Ty

Pumplayer 03-04-2013 10:01 PM

Ty what type of modding do you do?

tymcneer 03-04-2013 11:40 PM

Anything from a little valve work to completely scratch builds. I can make you the mildest modifications to the most radical 3d milling you can afford. :)

Typical modifications are springfeeds, and sometimes rebarreling, as the original barrels are pretty large. I can port the existing barrel, which will reduce the sound signature, a little.

Basically, you have a nearly blank slate to work with.

Ty

Pumplayer 03-05-2013 09:34 PM

How much would rebarrelling cost? and can you post some pics of your milling jobs?