mcarterbrown.com  

Team Blackrain Home of Team Blackrain

Old 04-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Nice double post!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...ll-torque.html

Lohman446 -I have absolutely zero interest in "saving" your "sport". Your "sport" has destroyed my game.
cjottawa -Know what would make paintball affordable and get more people involved? SHOOTING LESS.

www.280paintball.com great place to play in K.C. Mo.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Instien'spaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

No double post. Whiskey Two Four has two different items to review. Plus no one comes to my team site,so I just re-post them in review forum.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
No double post. Whiskey Two Four has two different items to review. Plus no one comes to my team site,so I just re-post them in review forum.
Later,
Blackrain
Timmycuddler and I do!

Lohman446 -I have absolutely zero interest in "saving" your "sport". Your "sport" has destroyed my game.
cjottawa -Know what would make paintball affordable and get more people involved? SHOOTING LESS.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instien'spaintball View Post
Timmycuddler and I do!
Well I now have 3 that visit,ILOVEPEACHES posted here too.
Later,
Blackran
Old 05-28-2010, 12:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Have fun in Cal.!
Your wife wants more than a picture!
go Home!!

Old 07-05-2010, 12:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

The Senshi Rig:

Deluxe model with suspenders and 4 pod pouch

Whiskey Two-Four Senshi Rig

Dump pouch:

Yes it's a different color,but it's all for testing who cares. The 3 pod pouch is also from WTFPB,but it's mine.

Whiskey Two-Four Senshi Rig

Let's get this straight now,I set this rig for my playing style. You can add and take away from this rig. It can either use MOLLE or MALIC items. All WTFPB pouches are MALICE system.
You can set your rig up anyway you want.

New from my sponsor Whiskey Two Four. As usual I will not hold back on this review.

This was sent to me by Ryan the owner Of :

Whiskey Two-Four.

Here's the deal on this rig and these are my exact orders:

"Run it into the ground,beat it up,try and ruin it, do your worst! After you are complete with your evaluation and review,Give it away to someone who really needs a quality rig"

So nothing free for me in my sponsorships. One lucky person will get this when I'm done beating it to HELL AND BACK.

I'll decide who that will be,so no sad emails,they don't work for me.

Of course it will be washed and looked over very well. As usual quality sewing all around.

So tomorrow (5 JUly 2010) will be it's first day of play. I'll keep adding to this review as info is collected.

So promo pics for both my sponsors Whiskey Two Four and Celanis Paintball.

Harness and Pods supplied by both:

Front:

Back:

Left Side:

Right side:

Pulling out pod for loading:

Putting Pod in Dump Pouch:

7 July 2010:

Senshi Rig:

http://www.wtfpb.com/Senshi-rig-Senshi.htm

This is a MALICE/MOLLE system rig:
http://www.wtfpb.com/100-round-pod-p...00podshock.htm

First off there is no ride up,it stays in place where you clip it. It has plenty of strap that you can adjust height or lower it. Me being a fat boy,it fit just right.

Now to begin with I tested this in the wrong type of game. I should have just tested in regular rec play. However if your going to test,test in the worst scenario possible. I did just that. I tested in local Big Game.

Now to begin with I didn't really follow my team thread,so I wasn't aware that we would be reloading at certain points in the game. When It came time for reloading I was able to remove the rig and slip and secure my pods in very fast. Whole process was less than 30 secs.

Then again you going to load this way with any rear pod carrier unless your really flexable and I'm not.

So that was mistake #1

Mistake #2 was just not paying attention over all.

So how did the rig work?

It worked very well. Removing pods was as easy as drinking water. The pods slipped right out without a hitch. It was a very smooth transaction. I don't normally use a harness that the pods are attached on the rear of the harness,but this one worked out just fine for me.

I'm disabled in my shoulders,which have alot of pain. The rear loaders I have used in the past actually gave me pain when using them. Having to reach up and pull velcro tabs all the time. Sometimes they would resecure themselves,causing more problems for me. That's why I went to a front/side loader system.
This pod carrier didn't have these issues. due to minimal use of arm and shoulder. Just a very low grab and pull/slide of shock cord. It worked very well in the prone (laying on my belly) position and kneeling.
For those of you who are into the silent mode of things,this is a very quiet system to remove your pods without anyone hearing the velcro seperate.

I did have one issue,and it was my fault. I used my ACU carriers and I put them right side up on my right side. Well I would end up grabbing the shock cord with my Drop Forward. So placement is a judgement call on placing pod carriers. Next time I'll turn them downwards.

The rig fit very comfortable and It's very lite,not heavy like my TAC VEST. I can hardly feel it. If your young and you can move fast,this is the rig for you.

If you like remote WTFPB does make a very nice remote bottle carrier. I think this would go well with this system:

http://www.wtfpb.com/MUTT-remote-pouch-MUTT.htm

I'm actually thinking of going remote now that I have seen this. Mounts verticle or horizontal,which is perfect for this rig or the Skirmisher rig. Which would fit my style of play much better if I were to use a remote system.

http://www.wtfpb.com/Skirmisher-rig-SKIRM.htm

As mentioned before the rig is well constructed and sewn very well. Starting this weekend Iam going to loan it out to some rec players to get their opinions on it. Have to share. Maybe I'll even send this out to a few MCB members of my choosing to try this rig as well get an overall opinion.

It's hard when you are sponsored,because people think they have to say nice things about the product even if it's junk. Well if you know me I speak straight about a product.

Dump pouch:

http://www.wtfpb.com/dump-pouch-DUMP.htm

My overall opinion was that it fit my style of play. I'm a load and drop player. I loose alot of pods thru out the yr. This easely held all 7 of my 100 rnd pods. Dropping them into the pouch under fire was not an issue. They dropped in and stayed secured. Removeing them was very smooth process,just reach ingrab and pull out.
The elastic shock cord keeps them in but it allowes you to pull them out and put them in without a problem.

So where do we go from here? A little more testing at the local field to get some more opinions from rec and milsim players. After that who knows, maybe it will take a little trip thru out the USA for some unbias testing.

So I'll add more later.

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 07-20-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

I ain't been 'round much but I has gots ta say That Is One Wikked Sick Gun
VTChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

You liked the Skull Gun?
Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 08-06-2010 at 04:42 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Custom Sports Gear.com Jersey

A player named Bringer of Death (He is still active in paintball and still drawing pictures) drew this picture for me in 1996. Since then I have been trying to get it printed,silk screened etc. This has become an obsession with me,it's just taken a long time. Either the price was to expensive or "I'm not sure we can do it","can you put it in this format","we charge $75 to set it up,plus cost and it cost extra cause it's custom". The same story that everyone normally gets.

I'm a fairly plain person. All I wanted was the LOGO of Billy Gunn,the team name and a number. Nothing real fancy.

First off I would like to thank Ivan Peacock for being patient and helping with the design. Even after I said ok to a final print,I stopped it because I noticed something that wasn't right.

Skull was to wide and didn't match with arm sleeve picture:

I contacted Ivan (Company Owner) the next day and we discussed what was wrong. He had no problem with it and within two days I received a new final print proof.
It was just what I wanted and exactly how it should look.

Skull is now the correct size and will fit much better with shirt:

So let's rewind back:

I was going to go with another company that I had used before and was actually ready to give the go ahead. Then I remembered Custom Sports Gear.

Custom Piantball, Motocross Jerseys, Pit Shirts, T-Shirts and More

I had spoken with Ivan Peacock several times in the past about Jerseys and custom made Jerseys. So I went to the site and started to look around. I went into the "Semi Custom" area and found the perfect blank that would fit my design. It was a Red to Black Fade. Just what I needed and wanted.

I liked that the site offered several color fades. This was what helped me make my decision. It was a pre made blank (Semi Custom) and that helps to cut down cost. It was a major selling point for me.

Just one of the premade blanks in fade color:

So I used the information form and sent out my info and logo,to see if it could be done.

The team Logo:

I received my answer back that same day and gave CSG a call. We discussed what I wanted and the printed wording I needed.
Ivan even directed me to a few FONT sites to help me out with lettering. The entire process was explained to me and how everything works.

So we settled on a delivery date and price. I did all needed paper work and paid in full,due to such a small order of two jerseys, full payment was required.

I let Ivan pick out the FONT to be used and basically he had full controll of the Jersey design. I had a few items deleted and changed. I actually liked what Ivan did with the sleeves. Where the skull is just peeking out over the sleeve cuff.

I needed two Jerseys, one for me and one for my Wife. I can say this,my Wife really likes this jersey. She deserves one,since I'm always dragging her to the field to help me and drive me. I was very impresssed at the quality of the picture as well as the fabric used. Only description I can think of is "Athletic Mesh". The shirt is Very Breathable. The entire fabric is Perforated.

What I liked most about this Jersey,was that the only LOGO on it was mine. If your impressed/satisfied with a companies product, word of mouth is always the best form of advertisement.

The colors were amazing. Every color and shade that was on the originol picture is on the Jersey. The fade colors of the jersey were real nice. At one point the red to black almost looks purple. Gives it a nice look. Colors and lines were very CRISP.

Jersey Front:

Jersey Back

Jersey Sleeve

Sewing:

The best part of any Jersey review. Sewn very well. I doubt this will be coming apart anytime soon. I tried to look for any loose strings but I couldn't find any on either jersey. That tells me alot about quality and attention to detail.

Cuffs and collars

They are not restrictive but are snug enough to keep them in place. The are sewn in place very well.

Arms and Athletic mesh:

The athletic mesh is on piece. Which I think is very good idea. One single piece if it has to be replaced or if you ever want to change the color,change mesh type,or just hem up a little.

As you can tell the arms are a single sleeve this version of Jersey is called a standard cut shirt. They are what I think are the easiest to repair. I told Ivan every time I made a Jersey way back in the day,his style of jersey cut was what I used. It so simple, it's effective.

So how does it fit:

Judge for yourself. This is a 2X which I think fits perfect. Yep I'm going to wear it in the woods. I don't play speedball.

Customer service:

Impecable service. I could not have asked for anything better. Always willing to take the extra mile for his customers.
I know Ivan works very hard,because I could here it in his voice everytime I talked with him. He sounds very tired. Customer satifaction is his #1 priority.Quality of service is top notch.

The million dollar question:

Will I buy from CSG again?

You can BET YOUR A$$ I would. I already have a second design ready to go for another 2 Jerseys. Art work was also done by the same person who drew "Billy Gunn".

I would recommend Custom Sports Gear to anyone who wants to buy a Paintball Jersey or a Jersey of some type. CSG sells various designs and Shirts as well as NFL Gear,Hoddies and T-shirts. Buy with confidence.

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 07-20-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

EYE 2 EYE Jersey

My Review on EYE 2 EYE Jersey company.

www.eye2eye.org

Very nice and I didn't get the run around. Both Kevin and Mark are very friendly to talk with. Helpful with any information you need about your order.Kevin was nice enough to explain the process of how everything would happen and when the shirt would be ready.

Mark,
Thanks for explaining the sizing process to me.

Communication:

It took two days for my originol first email to be answered. That is normal for me. They are a business and probably checked to see if things could be changed around on the shirt. I asked for certain design changes to be made. I the received an email to send what I wanted to have done to their Art Dept.

It took time for a response and to be honest I forgot about the Jersey. Normally if I don't get a response with in 48 hrs,I just move on. It's the military in me .
In reality what I should have done was look at the calender counted in my Weekends,before being so judgemental.

8 days later,I received a call, Proofs were sent to me and then paypal was sent. Now that may seem long,but as I started thinking this wasn't really a long process to have items eliminated and items added.

There was one problem. I hadn't heard from EYE 2 EYE for a few days,so I decided to call and see what was going on with the shirt. It had been a week and wanted to see if the shirt had been sent off.

They were printing up a whole batch of other team Jerseys when I called to ask. Mark couldn't even remember what shirt I was talking about . I don't blame him,I think he's running the whole printing line himself,which can get frustrating.

So we spoke and said he would get back with me.The problem was resolved in a few hrs and I received my FED-X tracking number.

So overall from time of originol email, phone contact,and sending it to me,it was a total of 23 days. But take away 6 weekend days and the total business days to my door step was 18 days. That includes the 5 day shipping. Not bad. If I would have order what was already available,I'm sure it would have gotten here much faster. Even with art time included,it's still great timing.

So no pissed off customer here.

I am happy that I ordered the shirts in 3XXX. Thanks to who ever told me about that.They fit me just like a 2X. Which is a great fit. The fit I have noticed in other Jerseys I own depends on how much Athletic Jersey is added to the sides. Personally I cannot complain about the fit.

Design I chose:

I chose a pre made semi custom that they had in their inventory. They had a great feature that let you see the colors that you wanted. I really liked that they had bright colors. I like alot of color.

We chose this premade:

Yes the Pit Crew had a say in the design

Had it changed to this:

I asked for a few items to be removed off the shirt and for the name
"SICK CUSTOMS" to be changed to "TEAM BLACK RAIN".

They did a nice job on the names. They had free will for the fonts to be used.

Real World Pics:

So here we have the Jerseys live and in my hands. They match the proofs that were sent. Actually they look better in person. My Wife really liked the vibrant colors and so do I. So I guess that makes me an even better target in the woods. I searched both shirts for print flaws and could not find one. That says a lot to me,they just aren't kicking jerseys out and not caring.

Sleeves:

The fronts:

They are both the same in color combinations and shade. I liked how they were able to put in the "Team Blackrain" wording.

The backs:

Word to the wise,If your going to have your Wife or Girl Friend/Husband,Boy Friend as your Pit Crew, atleast buy them a Jersey. Even if they don't play. It's telling them you're allowing them into your mindless little world It's like your willing to share.
Plus you look organized not matter how big or small your team is. Nothing says TEAM like a jersey.

Just for the record,there is an "I" in TEAM. "I" am the only active team member. Well here's our Jerseys.

His:

and

Hers:

Sewing:

My favorite part. Iam a "STICKLER for sewing" I always check that first. It was quality sewing. It's sewn then surged along the seams to prevent fraying of the fabric. I have a feeling this stiching will be in for a long time.

Standard "V" Neck:

Note the sewn seams. It is very comfortable. Wish I could find out where they buy the cuffs and collars. Need that when I make my own playing Jersey from time to time.

Arms and Athletic mesh:

Nice even stiching. No loose threads.

Sleeve cuffs:

So far they are very durable and snap right back into place.

Athletic Webbing:

It's one continuious piece. Starts at the bottom of the shirt and works it's way to the end of the sleeve. The purpose for this is:

"Incase your shirt is to big you can sew a 1/4 seam down the side of the shirt till it fits just right"

I'll explain more when I do my Jersey comparison and types from all the companies I have bought from. It's important to know the style cut that you get and why there is more mesh on one and not the other.

Company order instructions and laundry instructions:

I thought this was originol "Made in Canada eh" Wonder if I'm the only one to catch that?

How does it fit:

Well you tell me. This is a 3X that is about the size of a 2X Over all I was very happy with the fit

Customer service:

I personally am happy with my order. I'll order from EYE 2 EYE again.

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 07-20-2011 at 01:00 AM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Team Blackrain