mcarterbrown.com  

Team Blackrain Home of Team Blackrain

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 03:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

read some for the first time tonight, and like it. Carry on.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 02-14-2011, 02:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Yea so it's getting to be that time. Big game time that is. Time to meet new players and see new cheaters. Yes they are even in big games. Just has to be,some people just can't stand loosing even if it's for fun. That's cool,later on in life it will bite them in the A$$.

So money is once again tight,even for me. Gas is on the rise. I'm still playing and that's what makes me happy. Do players have to make all the major events? HELL no,make what fits your budget. Be it local or far away. Just have fun doing it. Get your monies worth from the event.
Stray away from the idiots who think that's it's all about the mission,who cares about missions,I'm just there to play and meet new players. Share my knowledge of old school paintball. My days of a mission are way looooooooooooooooooooong gone. I'm just there to have a good time.

Winning and loosing does anyone really care,I don't. I'm not going to throw a fit when I hear my team has lost by 40 points. Oh well where's my Pedialyte. I think I'm going to hand out TAMPONS this yr to those that have to complain about everything when the game doesn't go their way.
Sometimes paintball is worse then the NFL when teams start crying and complaining. You don't like it,leave. The game won't stop if you drive away,all the more fun without you. You are just 10 players out of hundreds that are attending.

Local fields,help them out. Try and talk them in to a few half day scenarios. Those are always fun and you can have them every month or so. If you need help organizing one,contact my local field and ask how they do it.

Main Page - Northwest Paintball Park

They always make paintball fun for new players, family and experienced players.

Speaking of new players,I always thought "Out fit a newbie" would be a cool idea. We all have extra stuff laying around,you know that stuff that just won't sell such as pods, harneses etc. I always thought it would be cool to pick out a new player and watch how often they show up. Money is tight all around. What's the big deal with outfitting the kid with a well used pod carrier,some old BDUs,a used servicable mask. Not one person has to do this,but a few. Do you know the smile you would put on that persons face. Complete strangers helping him/her out. That's the type of thing that keeps new players coming back.

Paintball pants. Hey manufactors,I only have a size 32 leg leangth. Not a 38"w x 46"L. Come on not all players enjoy their crotch hanging down to their knees and the end of the pants dragging 4ft behind them. One day there will be a decent playing pants maker.

So it's great to see pump once again. Hey dummys who know everything about cockers,because you have a sniper pump for a whole week. Did you know the lug actually has a measurement. It's called a starting point! 'Nuff said about that.

I was reading the "Cocker Doctor" today. The article was about barrel bore size. He wrote about paint sizes and he was doing good till he said a .007(seven thousands) difference between ball sizes didn't matter much.
Did you know that a .001 here and a.001 there can be the difference between life and death on many everyday items we use. You know a few thousands can make a difference of you enjoying an $1000+ gun or not. 'Nuff said about that.

So check over all your gear and make sure it is working properly. Make sure you have serviceable lenses. Spread you gear even across your vest,cause it does make a huge difference. Have plenty of water on hand and stay away from those stupid energy drinks.

Always have a cool place to sit your A$$ in and if you can scrape together a few bucks,buy a canopy. You know many can double as a tent.
Treat your pit crew right.

Remember it's just a game. If you are tired,rest!! If your hot and not sweating,drink fluids,get to a cool place and seek help. YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS SWEAT. Lawn chairs are still cheap,it's still winter,buy them up.
Can't afford a jersey,make one. The same pattern the companies use can be bought at Walmart. My era made PJ's look cool on the field. Smart Parts made a mint selling them lol.

Bandanas are a great thing to have,we have plenty of makers here on MCB,Buy them. Bribe your Mom or Grand Mother,they are handy things to have. Use cool wraps around your necks on hot days,they'll keep you cool.

USE AND ABUSE OUR MCB RETAILERS. WE HAVE GREAT DEALS HERE AND IT"S PAINTBALLERS SELLING THIS STUFF.

Carter if you read this,which I doubt you do. We need an MCB retail store forum. That way all our great makers of fine items can post up goods to sell in one place. Only outstanding members should be allowed to sell.

WATER ,WATER ,WATER ,WATER, IT'S YOUR BEST FRIEND. MAKE SURE YOU STREACH BEFORE YOU PLAY, AND DAMMIT JUST HAVE FUN.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 02-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Good thoughts bro.

Just my $0.02 real quick.
  1. "Cocker Doctor" is an imbecile. I have an issue on my nightstand where he contradicts himself 4 times in 3 answers on the same page.
  2. Re: Tampons. Hand out pads. It's for the good of the sport, they can be used to help absorb forhead sweat and decrease fogging. Added benefit is extra head protection!

That is all.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Good thoughts bro.

Just my $0.02 real quick.
  1. "Cocker Doctor" is an imbecile. I have an issue on my nightstand where he contradicts himself 4 times in 3 answers on the same page.
  2. Re: Tampons. Hand out pads. It's for the good of the sport, they can be used to help absorb forhead sweat and decrease fogging. Added benefit is extra head protection!
That is all.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 02-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Military gear:

WOW has it come a long way. I remember when ALICE/WEB gear was the **** and you made mods to it that no one else had. Then we advanced to a tac vest. Now look at the stuff.
Everything from over priced to just priced right!!!!. WHO SAYS PAINTBALLERS DON'T SPEND MONEY!!

I'm impressed at the advancements of all this new gear. It even inspires many of us to become makers of gear as well. Yea I'm into the stuff

Helmets I have found to be an important item in my gear,yep,no more head shots for me. Look around,there's one out there to fit your playing style.

Gear,it's what fits your style,not what fits everyone else. Hey if a Spyder is your choice of weapon,then use it,don't let anyone intimidate you into buying something else. You have to ask yourself,"how much do I really play ar yr". Your budget also determins that as well. Over all it's still your choice. I once had a guy tell me I needed to upgrade because I was shooting a Stingray. I turned around and asked him "What should I use,one of my 3 Angels or cockers that I have in the car". He just walked away. Hey I gave him a choice to choose from didn't I.

So paintball is about you not the other player. Yea I know the young players see all the fancy expensive guns and stuff,but what's wrong with just a good old 98 custom? Do we really need to shoot 30bps a sec to have fun???????????????????? What ever happened to the days when 6bps was and advancement?

Bob how about that guy. He's still around and beating the HELL out of cancer. Only kudos for that guy,he's the biggest thing in paintball and always will be. We owe this entire game of fun to him. If it wasn't for him,places like DYE,Smart Parts ICD or even KEE wouldn't exist. They are who and what they are because of him and no one else. Those pro players out there,everyone one of you should line up and Kiss His A$$ just for the opportunity he gave you in life.

Oh well enough of that,let me stop rambeling for a while before I strike a nerve with a sensitive person and the hate mail starts to flow in. So until I have something to ramble about.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 02-21-2011, 03:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Scenario games.

Well they are on the rise stonger then ever. That's a great thing.I guess you can say the industry is Sky Net and we the player are the Resistance. We have basically risen out of Speedball and claimed what is our and have gone back to the roots.

Although not a perfect transition it has made the game better. I for one have seen an increase in rec players and players that keep coming back for more. Even if it's for a few big games a yr,atleast they are coming back

So we have to keep this trend going,so you folks that claim your hard core,stick to yourselves and little groups and don't ruin it for the masses. 'Nuff Said about that.

The internet still amazes me when it comes to paintball. Say for instance a scenario game prep. Now me being a Soldier of over 20 yrs,planning and executing the plan comes very easy to me. I plan a Scenario day/weekend as if I was going into the field. Only exception,I'm doing everything from planning to purchase to funding. It's great having a Wife/Pit Crew who is will ing to help and is also prior Military supply personel.

You figure if there are going to be 500+ people, you are going to need at min 4000-6000 rnds. Now that aldepends on what you are shooting,playing style and age. What upsets me the most are the people that ask "What will I need".

Well it's simple:

phone/lap top/Garmin/Tom Tom
Food
Water
Sleeping gear,tent,sleeping bag/hotel reservations
paintball gear/repair parts

That's minimum basic items.

Next:

Baby wipes
Extra clothes/underware/socks shirts
Bathroom items

Next:

TSA rules for flying with paintball gear (BIG HINT IT'S ON THE INTERNET)
transportation/tickets/gas
waivers/power of attorney if your a minor and traveling with others/entry fees
medical braclets if you have allergies

Most important item:

CASH

So if you made it this far,we are doing what is called backwards planning. Start from the last item I wrote. Not perfect,but gets the point across.

Just think of it like this:

Your planning on going to the strip club with your other married friends,how do you avoid getting caught by the Wives,oh wait backwards planning.

'Nuff said about that.

Everyone know everything including me :rotfl: I'm might not know alot,but I know a little more then most people. I love how everyone on certain forums all belong to pro teams. Doesn't that make you laugh lol. It's probably just some pimply face looser on the other side wishing he was that good.

Yep I'm a FAT A$$ and very slow. Who really cares if you're a D2 team,when you become a A1 real military squad,then talk to me :rotfl: Till then you can't even eat the mud off my boot soles.

I better stop before someone gets up set.

So on to what's really important about our sport, weed out those that give us a bad name,even if we have to beat them down like they beat down the rec players and beginners. Eventually they will smarten up or just leave. We can only hope.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 03-07-2011, 12:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well gas is on the rise and we will all suffer. Not just sports wise,but travel and building. Airports I'm sure are loving it,cause now they get to charge an outragouse gas fee and the builders get to charge a one time gas fee for the work.

Gas companies don't care,the estimators are working for them. There is no gas shortage,just greedy people. I hope they all die painfully. So no travel this yr,economy will suffer even worse. More vacation spots will be closed and those areas in the US that depend on vacationers will suffer the most.

Way to go for our American leaders,glad you are letting this go on and hurt your own. That's ok we'll just help out other countries that need help and let our own suffer.

Well on with other ramblings instead of a rant. Word to the wise never play paintball in 19* weather,it just isn't good for you paintballs. I finally cleaned up my barrels from two weeks ago. So I'm ready to travel again.

So do we buy new or used????????????? That's really a hard decision these days,cause if we buy used and you are cheap like me, then we hurt the companies that make stuff for us,then again if it's a repairable part,we will still buy from them,so we are all in a catch 22 situation. What do we do HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
My one rule is never buy used clothes,but used gear is fine for me. Just something about other people wearing cloths that I've bought. I was the sameway with gear that was issued in the Army. I would hot water wash it several times in an industrial washer just to kill any KOODIES that may have been on them.

As far as paintball,I think we are still in a good position. People are saving more for big games and playing less local. However If I could pay San Diego prices,I would play every weekend,especially with their weather. Believe it or not San Diego is about $40 cheaper then what I pay to play. Lucky Bastards.

Now I'm in a catch 22 here,support your local field if they only require field paint. Sure it might be a little higher,but you might just get a bigger crowd of beginners that you can help out and teach them about our sport.

So my yr was kind of shot, I had planned to ref this yr,to make play simple for me and now I'm constantly stuck on overtime at work,yea it sucks,but a man has to eat 'nuff said.

So Empire is offering discounted sponsorship. Wow. It's something. Sponsorships are far and few inbetween now and you have to take what you get. Just something about wearing a company logo on me,even if it's at a discount,but it's good for the kids and wannabe pros,they can all go around saying they are sponsored by Empire for free,even though must of us know it's not true,hey let them have their moment.

Sponsors if you can get them,do them right. Make sure you review their items and help them out. I'll be passing flyers out in two weeks at a local big event. It doesn't matter who sponsors you,it could be the local waffel house,but at least eat breakfast there every weekend. Show your support for them.

So what else do we ramble about? HMMMMMMM maybe the Nun who used to beat my A$$ in Catholic school? Maybe about lazy people I work with? Or just general Bull$hit that goes on during the average week. I could rant about the WAR,but that's not me,I know what they are going thru.

Perhaps those that don't know might want to think about those over there and show them better support then they do. I get to see these guy and gals everyday at work, and where I work,they seem to be in a comfortable situation than what they would be in in other places.
We need to show these folks a little graditude. Every once in a great while shake their hand and say "Thank You". They may seemed shocked,but they are really greatful,cause all they seem to get is grief and hate from our own. On day that maybe your child or relative and then you'll understand. 'NUFF SAID.

So I'll close for tonight,it's been a while. I'll have to search the net and news paper to see what's really happening in the WORLD.

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 03-12-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Wow Earth quakes and Nuclear melt down in Japan. What a wake up for all of us. Seems to be like the third nuc accident this century. Lots of devistation in Japan. I hope things are well with all.

So GoG seems to be making a strong come back. The Vibe and SP1 have been rebranded and a higher price put on them. The bodies have been upgraded with new specs and milling. The regulator has a new look as well. They are both are selling like Hot Cakes. I'm sure the New Extacy will be either an ION XE or a rebranded EOS. Either way is they stick with the lowend markers,they can once again corner the marker in the beignners field and dominate it.

Personally I think all their low end markers are some of the best on the market at a solid price. What I would like to see are more body kits released for the Vibe/Envy or the SP1/G1. Plastic is cheap and they can get real creative with body shapes.

The one on one customer service has made my dealings with GoG perfect. Once I have to talk with a machine or push buttons for service,it's over.

FACE BOOK what a drama center. I use it,but I hardly ever get a response. Mostly paintball conversations for paintball people. I'm even connected with friends from high school and they won't even answer emails,so it's only good for me paintball wise.
Speaking of paintball,the ladies at my Wife's job ask her if she is tracking my face book writtings. They think I'm cheating on line LOL. Are People really that stupid????????? LIke I'm going to cheat on face book,I'll buy a disposable phone first. If Society has come to this,the we are all going to HELL IN A HAND BASKET.
If you cannot trust your Spouse you have issues just like the people that just can't live without having a phone attached to their ear 24/7. Really are your social issues that bad that you can't put your phone or texting machine down and enjoy life. Take every family memebers phone away for a day and watch how much they have detached from life because they cannot communicate with anyone. Better yet,put a rotary dial phone in your home and see who you can really screw up.
My Favorite is Record night,pull out those 33 rpm and really screw with the kids minds.

'Nuff of that,I just hate the cell phones even though I own one. Attitudes in players,well seems the same mentallity just jumped over to milsims/woodsball. I guess some people aren't happy unless they are competeing or just messing up someones day of fun.
On a good note I hear that Camp Pendelton had a successful big game,minor issues but that's expected. Stand up guys ran the whole show. If there were just minor hitches that need to be worked out, then the next event is going to be even better,cause they were able to take constructive critizium and run with it to improve their event for the next one. Thank you for doing that and givin Pendelton a spot on the map for a memorable event that should be around along time.

Paintball prices, man have gun prices dropped and equipment improve. ANgel has come up with a valve system that allows 2000+ rounds off one bottle of air. Funny it hasn't been as popular as I thought it would be,but I could be wrong. I guess my next gun will be an ARC,if not for the quality,but for the technology these guys have put into their design.
Ive noticed alot of "HIGH END" guns aren't selling as well as expected and now with high gas prices,I doubt sales will be so strong. Never know,Americans are known for keeping up with the "Jonse's", so no matter what it cost we'll find away to get it,even if we have to steal it.
Speaking of stealing,you "LOW LIFEs" out there that steal paintball guns,don't ever let me catch you trying to steal one of mine. Not only will I brake your hands so you never forget,but they probably won't be of very good service to you the rest of your life. That way everytime you feel pain or they won't function correctly you'll remember what you did that fatal stupid day/night.
Later,
Blackrain
Old 03-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

"Remember Pearl Harbor" my A$$ !!!!!!!!!! Remember we are Humans as well. Most of you don't even know where Pearl Harbor is or even know what happened. A love movie doesn't tell the whole story. What a bunch of IDIOTS many of you are.

I just can't believe how people are. This is a Global natural disaster,everyone needs to help in some way or the other.

'Nuff said for today.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 03-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

That's right,I'm cheap. I roam forums and ebay looking for the deals. If it cost $20,I'm looking to find it cheaper,and I'll keep looking till I find it cheaper. That's just me.

I guess the big radiation scare is over now. It seems to have hit our coast (If it even did),without one Hippie protest. Imagine that,and everyone survived.

The FLU really sucks as well. I was suppose to be playing today,but started getting sick yesterday morning. Just want to sleep and that's it. Feel like crap. I was going to attend an event today (Sunday),but I don't have the streangth.

So people are still going crazy over this Japan issue,but we now have a new issue to take our minds off of it. Kadahfi has once again started up. He must have been bored with his life and wanted to start some crap with the world. Over 110 missles fired and 42 kills. Let's see where we go from here.

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 03-21-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Team Blackrain