mcarterbrown.com  

Team Blackrain Home of Team Blackrain

Old 08-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Lesson learned at Big Game

NOTE:
The weekend was hot and humid. I sweat like a pig even in AC. So with a combo of Fog Doc and my fan system, I was able to stay fog free for the first time in a long time

The best thing about Big Games are the vendors. They usually always have what you need. My recent big game almost turned into a shamble. I forgot about setting up a fan system and my RAP4 fan system took a dump. While at Super Game 46 I started looking for a fan system.

Bought two FANZ systems. I was about to put them on my SLY goggles when I notice they were just a little big for the mask. If it wasn't for that stupid SLY logo in the venting area, they would fit a little better, and actually have more room to work with.

I wear a helmet, so it is very important that they fit under the helmet as well.

So I'm pissed off and thinking to myself that I kind of over spent for the fanz systems. Then I remembered my gear bag. I had some bad A$$ little fans I bought off ebay. Have the size and more power. So I dig them out and what is left of the RAP4 power system. I bought my little Coleman solder gun for some reason.

The tip wasn't that great, but it worked and I was able to solder the wires were they needed to be.

*NOTE:
Teeth are a great wire stripper tool if you are in a bind

I don't reccommend this.

I used the zip ties provided with the FANZ kits and mounted them on the mask. It wasn't pretty, but it work even covered by my helmet.

I just keep the FANZ system as back ups.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nice, I did something similar to one of my flex8 before but fans were too loud and annoying, any chance to see a pic of your set up and fans?
Mercenario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenario View Post
Nice, I did something similar to one of my flex8 before but fans were too loud and annoying, any chance to see a pic of your set up and fans?
I'll clean the mask up tomorrow and post up some pics. I want to clean it up a little more. For now here are the fan specs:

model number:
EC1208

voltage:
5V

Fan Speed (RPM)

Bearing Type:
Ball

I have even smaller ones that I'm going to mount inside another mask. Noise doesn't really bother me. After a while it just fades out. I actually like not being able to hear anyone

Both fans run off a 9V battery

Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain; 08-19-2013 at 08:45 PM.
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oooo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
Teeth are a great wire stripper tool if you are in a bind
The one upside to cracking one of my front teeth in half as a kid was it made a perfect little chip in the bottom of the other that has stripped many a wire
Celebrity Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Team Blackrain