mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 02-15-2010, 04:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

right on bro for this thread! I got lost in the other especially when you have slow internet you dont want to sift thru all the pages... So what do I use to take off the orange? Or is raw underneath? Thanks! and keep up the good work for us slow connection guys.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #22 (permalink)

mine was raw underneath, but some do have anno. I just went to the hardware store and asked what the strongest paint stripper was. it worked great and got almost alll of the paint off in one coat.
cool0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #23 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Just test an area that is normally hidden like under the barrel. If there is anno you should be fine. I think someone did report having one with unfinished anno though so it is a risk.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Cross-Post for posterity - my first pass at "fixing" the relief valve to blow at a lower pressure:

The piston is pressed and sealed by a spring..which is in turn compressed by the stupid silver disc, which is in turn held in place by the stupid C clip, which is in turn "backed up" by the 2 screws. C clip is holding stupid silver disc of thickness X Y inches below flush with the back of the block. When uncompressed, the top of the spring actually sits above the surface of the block.

Remove C clip, remove stupid silver disc.

Place a solid bar with a tiny vent hole (smaller than the ID of the spring) over the back block, and screw it down using the 2 screws.

Viola, you've just un-compressed the spring by X+Y inches.

Next step is make the bar thicker, add a hollow hex screw. You're basically just taking the T8's subflush relief valve and making it a "superflush" system that sticks out from the back of the gun.

Obviously can only do so much with the stock spring, but by making a thicker block, you can add a recess for a longer, less stiff spring.

My plan is to start with just some thin (1/16" I think) sheet and see if I can shoot a reball at 300fps without the valve blowing in my 75 degree apartment. Then I know at least it's not set too low.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
There is also the possibility of changing the spring. I will do some research on that. And there is the possibility of cutting down the stock spring.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Apparently the other thread is now defunct. I sent a mod message to see if it was deleted or just got too big and crapped out. If it's gone for good and there are no issues, I'll go ahead and repost my relief valve mod here.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #27 (permalink)

I just finished my prototype of an adjustable sa-8 releife valve.I said prototype! a smaller version will come later. I would like to thank mayvik for the insperation. I have only tested it with a 3/4 full 12gram but I think that it is working so far. I will be testing it more tomarrow then I will make a new thread on it. I adjusted it the same way that the t8 manuel says to. (you can download the pdf. off of tiberiusarms.com) I know for sure that I heard it vent once when I was shooting it. so I think that it is working properly. here are the pics, more to come tomarrow.

cool0 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms

« - | T9 problem »