mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 02-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Tips for sa-8 owners

ok so if you havn't already seen this thread LOOK AT IT ALREADY.
Tiberus Pistol $99 - mcarterbrown.com

this is the x7og thread.
new $99 tac-8

or the a5og thread

new $99 tac-8

this is a sa-8

the sa-8 is 99% the same as a t8 but it has some differences. it's velocity is turned way up, the barrel is longer, it comes in either blue or orange, and the velocity screw is supper sensitive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
I know how to chrono a gun. The difference between 240 fps and 350+ fps is 1/4 of a turn.
this quote is true to an extent. you won't jump 90fps with every turn. just when it is at 240 or so.

DIALING IN YOUR SA-8

this is the most critical step. your sa-8 will be shooting at 350+ fps. out of the box.

what you will NEED.

a CRONOGRAPH this is VERY IMPORTANT. If you don't own one either try to borrow one(like I did) or go to your local field and use theirs. this is to be safe and get your efficiency up to 2.5 mags (20 shots)per 12gram.

a 3/16 allen wrench

some paintballs. caution as soon as you fire paintballs you have voided your warrenty. therefore I reccomend that before you use paintballs you load up both mags with the blue practice rounds that came with your sa-8.these will not void your warrenty so if there is a problem with your gun you can still send it back. after the first 2 mags fell free to void the warrenty if you want to.

12grams (btw all of the 12grams in the 2nd picture were used cronoing the gun)

both mags.

prehaps the t8 manual. http://www.tiberiusarms.com/document...ual_May_08.pdf

to addjust the velocity turn clockwise to increase the velocity or counterclockwise(left) to decrease the velocity.

the back of the gun

if you find that your gun isn't fireing either you are out of co2 or the velocity screw is too loose. to correct this pop the mag out turn up the velocity and then reinsert the mag. don't try to turn it up while the mag is still in the gun(if your gun isn't fireing that is. if it is fireing then feel free to turn it up while the mag is still in the gun just make sure to keep the gun pointed in a safe direction at all times.)

crono your gun down to 270fps.

IMPORTANT
now you are dealing with co2 here so when you finish the first 8 rounds DON'T immediatly load the same mag up and shoot is again. the co2 will be very cold. cold co2 means low velocity,low pressure,and fewer shots. so use the other mag instead and/or use the palm of your hand to warm up the cold 12gram.

also co2 tends to spike in velocity so make sure that is is low enouf to stay under 300fps.

I havn't tried this yet but I will soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelebay
The two balls falling out when you eject tha mag is normal, the reason it does this is because of the distance between the mag to the barrel, they are not touching, therefore, some balls do stay in between, falling out when you eject the mag.

In regards teo the efficiency, I would turn you velocity down a bit and see if that helps. Also, you can try polishing the internals, I've got about a 4-5 shot increase from that. How To: Polish Internals - Tiberius Arms Forums

over all I am pleased with my sa-8 I havn't gotten to use it in a game yet but I will soon.

now if you own a sa-8 (or a tac 8) and have a tip for others please POST IT UP.
cool0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleFragger
hopefully there is any left... i was gonna buy 2.. but glad i only did one...

soooo also ... not sure if i read this part...

but cool0 you may want 2 add 2 things...

1. shooting " A " Paintball voids your warranty...

2. DO NOT CALL TIBERIUS!!! these were sold to pepperball and no warranty to Tiberius!!!!!!!

3. The bolt has been shown to be like the T8.1.... you will need to buy the 8.1 mags or modify them.... also barrel.. you can use the 8.1 or you can dremel out the ( shape for first strike rounds.....

just look through the 80+ pages... towards the 70-80's you will find it....

going to morrow to get more 12oz....hya:
Old 02-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Those practice rounds look like they were made by Perfect Circle Paintball. I wonder what those are filled with.

What's up with the back of the Dump chamber? It's not like the T8, T8.1, or the T9. Is there a pressure relief screw there (between the two button headed screws)?

Tuning procedures for T8s involve:
  • Setting Velocity via regulator
  • Setting Relief valve until you hear hissing, then turning it back in 1/4turn. This will prevent hot shots.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
la la la la revolution

I found this uv_halo post from Chachi's SA-8 thread helpful:

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Pete @ Tiberius Arms has posted videos highlighting some of the maintenance processes, They're Must Views for All T8 / T9 Owners in my opinion! Links:

T8/T9 Bolt Push (Proper Gun Assembly)

Tiberius Arms Magazine (Standard T8 / T9 Magazine Maintenance)

Tiberius Arms Air Chamber
(T8 / T9 Air Chamber Maintenance- Advanced) Note the recommendation to use TechT Gun Sav to lube the bolt pin / fire chamber o-ring.

T8 Regulator (teardown and assembly)

T8 Breakdown (Breakdown and reassembly)

Tiberius Arms Conversion (First Strike kit install)

Enjoy!
MondoMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Those practice rounds look like they were made by Perfect Circle Paintball. I wonder what those are filled with.

What's up with the back of the Dump chamber? It's not like the T8, T8.1, or the T9. Is there a pressure relief screw there (between the two button headed screws)?

Tuning procedures for T8s involve:
  • Setting Velocity via regulator
  • Setting Relief valve until you hear hissing, then turning it back in 1/4turn. This will prevent hot shots.
the practice rounds are filled with baby powder. you can smell it when they break.lol

the sa-8's were designed with out a releife valve so police officers could shoot them at rioters at 350+ fps.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

What is that silver thing on the back of the gun?
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
What is that silver thing on the back of the gun?

all I know is that they are different from a regulat t8

Old 02-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

The top photo I'm assuming is from an SA-8?
Old 02-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
The top photo I'm assuming is from an SA-8?
Yep. I assume it is a relief valve, but a non-adjustable one set rather high.

Won't prevent a velocity spike if you manage to get liquid CO2 past the regulator, but should be enough to prevent damage to the gun if some officer left it gassed up in the trunk of his squad car in the middle of July in Arizona.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Read..the...first...thread.

All of this material is covered in there in detail from people who have bought them and dissected them.

That IS a relief valve, it's just fixed and fixed at a high pressure. It's not compatible with the Tiberius 8/.1/9 valve.

Tiberius Arms will punch you in the face if you call them with tech questions/parts requests about the gun you got for half price.

Read..the...first...thread.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms

« - | T9 problem »