mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 02-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #91 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead4411 View Post
Thats what i'm wondering at this point, if a lower relief valve would mean wasting a crap ton of co2 while not even using the gun?
You would prefer to shoot someone and not waste the gas?

Yes, it "wastes" gas if the relief valve triggers. It does not do it all the time. I've owned a T8 since they first came out, and have yet to have the valve go off.

And yes, I set it before play.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead4411 View Post
One question i have not seen answered, that makes a big difference in my mind is this...

After the results of the holster position pressure test, where the SA 8 hit 550 PSI, wouldn't the same thing happen w/ a T8, only it would just bleed out while you were running, thus, you could possibly empty a cartridge without ever taking a shot?

Thats what i'm wondering at this point, if a lower relief valve would mean wasting a crap ton of co2 while not even using the gun?
Essentially yes, the manual says not to use the gun until it stops hissing. If no one sets the relief valve it might be similar. I'll test this when I get my real T8 vs the SA-8.
CovertRssian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #93 (permalink)
Post Whore

common did anyone really believe that the warning was anything but crap. i say buy em up lol
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #94 (permalink)

I fired a hundred reballs with a remote line through my sa-8. I was very pleased with the consistence. I was trying my adjustable releife valve but I couldn't get it to spike over 303fps. but when I turned up the fps I made sure that it started to leak quickly at 320fps. I would have tested it some more with a 12gram but my crono ran out of battery.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #95 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
My SA8 wasn't anywhere near broken in but the highest standard shot I saw was 305 but I was fluctuating between 260 and the high 290s. That was out of the box without so much as touching the VA.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #96 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
So lets assume that the SA8 vent vents around 600psi. And the stock SA8 normally operates at 300psi for 290fps.

So, lets fill up that volume with BBs. At some point you will have such a small volume that you will need to run at a pressure JUST BELOW the SA8 vent pressure.
I just about completely filled the dump using 8 nickels, and was still unable to get the vent to "vent" when the reg was cranked out to its max setting.

So that idea might be a dead end, at least as far as a "drop in" solution. That aftermarket safety vent might be the easiest current solution, though I'd rather find one that was externally adjustable.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:30 AM   #97 (permalink)
Post Whore

Sorry to bring this post up from the past.

Just had a thought. The same way this was modded for a pressure guage:

would it work to put a 1 way nipple like on an HPA tank on the back and run a remote line with a regulator on it?

Then have the option of running 12 grams or regulated Co2 without having to buy the remote line adapter for each mag.
Orpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #98 (permalink)

You can, but you will negate the built in regulator. I thought about it, having two regulators and consistent shots is far more important to me then having to use a remote line adapter.
CovertRssian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #99 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoMor View Post

Conclusion (kinda):

At no time did I hear the pressure relief activate.

isnt that the problem? the releif valve is set to high, so if there is a pressure spike the valve wont kick in, unlike on the t8. you just confirmed this....
lazydan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms