mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 03-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Question Asking for opinions on scopes and sights for a T9.1

Hello friends I just want to know what kind of scopes or sights you use on your Tibbies or any other marker you use. I would like to know any pros and cons you can come up with. And even if you don't like the ideas of scopes or sights on your markers I'd like to here yours and everybody elses opinion on the matter. When I had my Alpha Black I never used a scope but I had a forward grip to stabilize firing.*

I would just want make a informed decision before I pay hard earned cash for something I might not even use. I believe in practicality over showy awesomeness which is why I sold my Alpha Black I can't stand hoppers and air hose lines and useless fake mags which is why I want to go mag-fed once and for all. And that's why I want to make sure of the reliability of scopes and sights.*I'm gunna buy a T9.1 and strictly use First Strike only.
BCompanyBravo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I had a good write-up on what makes a good paintball gun scope here...
Sniper Scope

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
aka Alby

Send a message via AIM to pinkanese

AKA Fan
Sigh, this discussion again.

Personally I use a 3-9 scope, the eye relief is 3" so I can see just fine with my mask pressed right against it. its good for spotting in general if you are on a larger field, I would venture that with FS rounds you could line up a shot and have it be decently consistent.

people have recommended shotgun scopes to me for the longer eye relief and less precise cross hair system. I find its hard to line up long eye relief scope though. It something you would just have to try and see for yourself.

Red dots seem to be popular as well, and likely one of the better options. Were my vision better I would probably just have one of those. You can find cheap ones at walmart and most big stores if you want to try it out. Also if you look online you can find lower end scopes for $50ish or less if you want something with magnification.
Nobody actually plays on MCB, they just hoard and sell.
pinkanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
ex-cyborg

Send a message via Yahoo to melkson

Brass N Wood Fan
My only question is will this be on a t9.1 with first strike rounds? If not, the above comments are great. It's a whole new game with FS rounds...
melkson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
aka Alby

Send a message via AIM to pinkanese

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCompanyBravo13 View Post
*I'm gunna buy a T9.1 and strictly use First Strike only.
I think he plans on using FS's.....
Nobody actually plays on MCB, they just hoard and sell.
pinkanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkson View Post
My only question is will this be on a t9.1 with first strike rounds? If not, the above comments are great. It's a whole new game with FS rounds...
Not to be a jerk but make sure to read throughly first ok melkson?
But yes I plan to strictly use First Strike rounds. After my T9.1 purchase I'm looking at a mag-fed Milsig for regular paint usage.

So after browsing around I found two nice canidates for my purchase

NC Star Mark III Tactical Series 125432G 1.25-4X32 Compact Riflescopes w/ Fully Multi Coated Lens FREE S&H STM125432G, STMAQ125432G, STP125432G, STPAQ125432G, STR125432G, STRAQ125432G. NcSTAR Riflescopes.

Barska 1x30 IR M16 Electro Sight AC10984 w/Free UPS Riflescope Rifle scope 1x30mm
Old 03-21-2010, 11:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
ex-cyborg

Send a message via Yahoo to melkson

Brass N Wood Fan
I was posting that for the people above my post. As a T9 owner, and having a First Strike upgrade, I KNOW it's a whole new game. the old arguments about Scopes are invalid in that case....

Look into crossbow scopes, they have multiple drop markings. I used my T9 with my grenade sights today, they are a lot too high. I'll probably be getting a crossbow scope in the future too,
melkson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
This one has a lot of potential. It already has some capacity to overcome extreme bullet drop which you'll have to deal with, even at 150 feet. (if you're thinking of one shot kills at 500+ feet forget it, that's extreme lobbing range for a first strike). Not sure about how large is it's adjustment range. On a scope that uses rings you can add a few shims to the rear ring to get more elevation adjustment. On one with an integrated rail mount you're pretty much stuck with internal adjustments.

Also it's just a bit more than I would want to spend. Remember one of my points in the post I linked to; I WILL get hit by a paintball and possibly damaged. It's the main reason I go with a basic 2-8x Tasco available at just about any sporting goods store. Easily replaceable with out having to wait for shipping.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
This one has a lot of potential. It already has some capacity to overcome extreme bullet drop which you'll have to deal with, even at 150 feet. (if you're thinking of one shot kills at 500+ feet forget it, that's extreme lobbing range for a first strike). Not sure about how large is it's adjustment range. On a scope that uses rings you can add a few shims to the rear ring to get more elevation adjustment. On one with an integrated rail mount you're pretty much stuck with internal adjustments.

Also it's just a bit more than I would want to spend. Remember one of my points in the post I linked to; I WILL get hit by a paintball and possibly damaged. It's the main reason I go with a basic 2-8x Tasco available at just about any sporting goods store. Easily replaceable with out having to wait for shipping.
Tasco Red Dot Series Riflescope-Choose Size - SportsAuthority.com

is this what you are talking about Fubarius?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
Personally, I use a T4 with one of those Mirco Red dot sights. It's in the picture thread if you would like to take a peek. Using First Strikes exclusively as well, I think it's a wonderful sight. Yeah it's small, but vision is almost unrestricted when using it. I tend to go with the open style sights like that, because with the tubed ones, I tend to develop tunnel vision. I got this little guy because it was small, simple, and nonrestrictive. On, off, no fancy sight patterns or colors. Just a little red dot that my first strikes like to hit.

Linky for you

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms