mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 03-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
you could also get a lapco mag release, it is a lefty like the stock ones, but made of aluminum (i think)

I have one of those,they are black anno'd aluminum with a LAPCO Scorpion eched onto it
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Without playing with the t8 outside of my backyard, I think my next upgrade will be more mags. Hopefully as a package with another t8.

How well do the bt/valken style t8 holsters work?
I'm also thinking about the castor Troy specops holster on a valken molle belt with suspenders and some of their mag pouches.
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

I had really wanted to try SpecOps's troy harness. I personally loved the spec ops line of gear, its a shame they went down for so long. Hopefully they get back on their feet for good.
I dont know about the valken holsters, but you wont be disappointed with anything specops.

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
The BT/Valken molle style holsters bounch around alot and because of this they tend to fall off of your vest fairly often. I would suggest waiting for SpecOps to get back from their move and order one (or two) from them. I believe that they are going to start taking orders for custom work again at the end of march but dont quote me on that. Ill do some digging and get back to you

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Not really in a big rush, as I rarely if ever actually use a holster. I think the tib will see some use as a sidearm this season as I am qloader ing my tm15.
I have been messing around with the tiberius leg holster and find it works quite well. I used a zip tie to shorten the belt strap, so it sits higher up on my leg. It doesnt flop around too much running up and down a flight of stairs. Though I worry that the grip and mag bottoms will take a beating being down on my thigh in the woods...
Old 03-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
needs time to play

I thought about the Troy harness too but don't plan on running duel pistols so I opted for a LH belt holster and put it on my right kidney area. Fits perfect and work just like the Troy setup only single pistol. Only downside is I figured this out after a bought a rap4 leg holster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesjackson View Post
Simpler rule:
"Don't be a dick. Anyone caught being a dick will be kicked out and not invited next time. Piss off."

edit- If you need an addendum, "I am the sole judge of what constitutes as dick-like behavior."
MacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

I used it today, put the mags in my pocket and ran pistol only. Got the last player out in my 1st round with it and did well all day, even getting a couple of left handed eliminations.
Got a tpx user too, though he did get me back lol.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Stock Class Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
Betasniper' makes an aluminum right hand mag button. It makes the mag drop similar to a real firearm, so instead of having to wrap your thumb around that fatty grip to reach the release button, you just reach over with your index finger. Unless of course youre a lefty.
I actually shaved the front of my grip down in the front [removed the horizontal line things where your fingers go], and now i can wrap my right index finger around the grip to hit the release on the left side. It works a lot better now.
Demolitions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolitions View Post
I actually shaved the front of my grip down in the front [removed the horizontal line things where your fingers go], and now i can wrap my right index finger around the grip to hit the release on the left side. It works a lot better now.
pics, Bro? we always need pics of mods!!
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Os View Post
Without playing with the t8 outside of my backyard, I think my next upgrade will be more mags. Hopefully as a package with another t8.
Well today I got 2 more mags and another tib8 to complete my second pair of pistols.

I'm happy so far with the tib8 I got back in february, though I find the weight involved with the tib and even four mags made it see nearly exclusive primary use. Not that it didn't work excellent when used as a sidearm, the awkwardness of a tm15 with remote line on a sling and trying to bother with using the sidearm was the real issue. Now with 2 tib8s I'm sure it will be a primary setup.

That's it though, for buying tiberius 8 pistols... Unless I figure out how to grow another arm.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms