mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 05-10-2011, 01:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

Thanks B-Dazl.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dazl View Post
I talked with Tyler Tiberius this morning. He informed me that they are in the process of switching over some servers and doing some updates... Forum should be back on-line shortly...
I honestly have never seen a server switch and updates take so long, especially when you consider this is likely a single server their running.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

It's a shame really. They have a thriving and loyal user community. It's something that companies are often bought out to acquire. And they are squandering it.

The site seems to be going down every couple of weeks. It's almost like they are trying to kill the community.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooAddict View Post
It's a shame really. They have a thriving and loyal user community. It's something that companies are often bought out to acquire. And they are squandering it.

The site seems to be going down every couple of weeks. It's almost like they are trying to kill the community.
Well before they had bandwidth issue. They would reach their capacity (I assume set by the ISP) and have to shut down at month end. I remember them mentioning they would be upgrading servers. I'm not sure where the servers played into this really, but several days now?

I agree, I actually work for a company that develops software for these online communities and I'm paid very well to do that. Their forum is what convinced me to get a tib in the first place: people on there seemed to know what they were talking about, and when people who know what they're talking about like a marker... I'm going to like it to.

Perhaps it would be in their interest to look into conducting a cost benefit analysis: Does saving a few bucks on hiring someone (perhaps a consultant to make it temporary) to do this process quickly and properly outweigh the lost sales, not only from not having answers from the community, but people wondering if this is the kind of service they can expect from the company (which is contrary btw, I've always had great response from them).

People buying/selling on there being cut off from doing business and communicating is another sad side effect. Even posting when this "planned maintenance" is going to happen would be helpful
Old 05-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
And now the forum is completely gone...great

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rec Poster

The update is more likely to bring more users instead of lose users who would have previously seen your sale. Don't worry guys.

I agree though, the site it still bad and this update is taking way longer than it should.
rickmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

Well, honestly some people on most forums would leave. But because most of us are loyal to TA, we'll be back. I don't think many if any will leave the forum because of this.

I do think they should hurry up and they should have planned this better, but ehhh, what can you do now, right?
7usabball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmum View Post
The update is more likely to bring more users instead of lose users who would have previously seen your sale. Don't worry guys.

I agree though, the site it still bad and this update is taking way longer than it should.
You are implying that this is actually going to be a substantial feature update. Last time they said "updating" it was just backend stuff that added no features for the users of the site.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
And now the forum is completely gone...great
My god, if the wealth of knowledge regarding TA markers in that forum were ever lost...

No, it'll be back, and like 7usabball is saying, once again we'll all probably be back. I think several of us learned from last time though: don't post important info, pics or test results on the TA forum if you always want people to have access to them. Like Voodoo is saying, that's a big loss. Companies spend big money to be the center of the galaxy like this.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooAddict View Post
You are implying that this is actually going to be a substantial feature update. Last time they said "updating" it was just backend stuff that added no features for the users of the site.
There doesn't seem to be broken crap all over the site any more besides the forum.. it'll show up a bit easier in search engines over time due to text on the site and not images all over instead. Traffic will flow to the site a little bit easier than before, it was horrendous before.

Yeah there isn't anything huge added to the site at all, no new features, but it'll show up a little easier in the search engines.
rickmum is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms