mcarterbrown.com  

Tiberius Arms Everything Tiberius

Old 05-16-2011, 02:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
hate to ask this but..

tib9.1 or rap4 t68,
im asking this as i want a mag feed marker for a primary(read a full size marker) that can at a big event be slung over my back, and as i have narrowed my choice down to between the 9.1 and t68 can mcb help me? btw the cost will be the same routhly and i don't give a about first strike rounds
the way i see it is:
t68 pros:
bigger mag
e grip avalibale
box mag
cheep mags
cons
hit or miss

tib 9.1 pros:
barrels are easyer to swap for new ones
not hit or miss
large community to help if it goes balls up
cons
small mag size
mags cost a tonne
can mcb help me make this choice and if i went 9.1 what 9.1 type should i grab(cqb/ranger/ any of the other types they sell)
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:
chadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
Well to start I'm just going to say that I think that this thread would be better suited for the Dead Zone, because of the possible bias that you will get from here.

Anyways, in an overall battle of T68 vs T9.1 the T9.1 would win every time. And I'm not saying this because of my love for Tiberius, I'm saying this because the T9.1 is a better all around gun.

To start you have the age old conflict of a Blow-Back (BB) bolt system vs Blow-Forward (BF) bolt system. They both have their own advantages, a BB is usually very simple to strip down and maintain but not as consistent, and a BF is the opposite...more complex to maintain, but more consistent. I'm not going to go further into this as I am sure that there are other threads about this exact argument (BB vs BF).

Also, from the points that you have listed it seems that you are comparing the two markers in different lights. For example.
Quote:
t68 pros:
bigger mag
e grip avalibale
box mag
While this is all true, it makes it a different kind of marker from the T9.1 because the Tiberius marker (as with all of them) is meant for small amounts of paint. So more than anything you have to decide what kind of player you are and then come back to this thread and let us know how you play so we can help you pick a marker that is right for you.

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Granted the newer T68 Gen6's are much better now, it still requires a bit more maintenance than most gun's I have used. Disassembly of them can be a pain as you have to pull apart most of the gun just to get at it for basic cleaning. Tiberius is a bit easier. I've had both guns and like them but I use the Tiberius more as its more reliable. The only problem I have really had with the Tiberius is the magazines, specifically the First Strike Magazines, they blow out O-rings a lot it seems, the old mags don't though.

I ended up selling my T68 as I am replacing it with the Tacamo Kit so I can have a more reliable base platform for mag fed whenever they finally release it.

http://walkons.proboards.com/index.cgi?

FS Custom 13/3000 Tank Covers Paracord $35
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ord-%2435.html
Orpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
LT.
Post Whore

Kilt Fan
I would also say the T9.1 FirstStrike rounds are crazy. And I like knowing when I start the day all my mags have new co2. And each mag swap also swaps in a fresh 12gram. Don't get me wrong t68 is a decent gun. But there's more you can do with a T9.1
LT. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I would wait for the tacamo Tippmann mag fed shells. They are inexpensive, the mags are inexpensive, and they use true Tippmann internals. I would go Tiberius here, but if I had a choice in mag fed guns I'd take that modded TPX with the vert 3.5oz tank. That thing looks perfect for a limited paint mag fed semi. A little machine pistol!
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

I'm with Orpackrat.

For what you are trying to do I'd go with neither the 9.1 or the T68. I'd instead go with the following:

$400 - Tippmann Phenom E-Trigger'd**
Tippmann X7 Phenom Paintball Gun

$10 - Tac Cap
Pro-Team Tac Cap Loader

$5 - 30 Round Pods
Paintball Pods

THEN ...

+ Once the Tacamo Kit is released you can read some reviews and then pop a mag kit onto your consistent regulated blow forward platform.
+ Similar to the T9.1 it's a Highly supported platform both by the manufacturer and user community.
+ Wide and available barrel selection.
+ Too many accessories to even think about (Don't get sucked into accessorizing it too much and you'll have not only a great base platform, but also a very cost effective one.)

Edit: If you had wanted a First Strike platform an/or the ability to run pistol, then the 9.1 would have been at the top of my recommendation list.

**Personally, I prefer the value of the Mechanical version of the Phenom. But if you want full auto or burst modes then the extra $100 might be worth it for you.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.

Last edited by VooDooAddict; 05-16-2011 at 01:39 PM.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
i like the pistol possablity of the 9.1+ the e grip is only due to the fact i sometimes play aganst agreesive cheeters(same reason for the box mag more paint on target less wipeing) and at the few large events i hit up im often in the thick of the action so 9 shots = me getting shot a lot by e dildo owners.
Quote:
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Old 05-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadders View Post
i like the pistol possablity of the 9.1+ the e grip is only due to the fact i sometimes play aganst agreesive cheeters(same reason for the box mag more paint on target less wipeing) and at the few large events i hit up im often in the thick of the action so 9 shots = me getting shot a lot by e dildo owners.
Well that's a tough call then.

If I were in that situation then I'd be looking at:

$300 Mech Phenom
$10 Tac Cap
$40 of 30 Round pods (8x $5)
+ Preferred air system
+ $150ish for the Eventual Tacamo mag kit + mags

or

$350 9.1 Ranger
$150 worth of additional Mags (5x $30 for a total of 6 mags)
$120 13ci/3000 Air system (Or similar expense for a season or 2 worth of 12grams)

It simply comes down to 2 things:
Can you wait for the Tacamo kits and run with a 30 round Tac Cap in the mean time?
Is the option to use it as a pistol and pistol magazine compatibility worth the extra up front expense?

Alternatively you could pickup an 8.1 or TPX for dedicated pistol play.

EDIT: I just noticed your location is the UK. I know that the Tiberius line is a bit more pricey there, and accessories/parts are a little harder to come by. Using JustPaintball.co.uk Looks like the Tiberius ranger + 5 mags setup is almost 600 pounds before the air system. And the Phenom system is about 400 with the e-Phenom, tac cap, and 30 round pods before air system. Since you are in the UK and will have a harder time with support on a Tiberius, and you have no interest in FS rounds ... I have a hard time recommending it.

UK pricing/vendors:

390 - 9.1 and 40 - Magazines
http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk...ranger-st.html
http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk...-magazine.html

345 - ePhenom, 10 - Tac Cap, and 5 - 30 round pods
http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk...x7-phenom.html
http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk...8-tac-cap.html
http://www.rap4uk.com/MILITARY-STYLE...OD-p/fl-30.htm
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache

Last edited by VooDooAddict; 05-16-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooAddict View Post
Well that's a tough call then.

If I were in that situation then I'd be looking at:

$300 Mech Phenom
$10 Tac Cap
$40 of 30 Round pods (8x $5)
+ Preferred air system
+ $150ish for the Eventual Tacamo mag kit + mags

or

$350 9.1 Ranger
$150 worth of additional Mags (5x $30 for a total of 6 mags)
$120 13ci/3000 Air system (Or similar expense for a season or 2 worth of 12grams)

It simply comes down to 2 things:
Can you wait for the Tacamo kits and run with a 30 round Tac Cap in the mean time?
Is the option to use it as a pistol and pistol magazine compatibility worth the extra up front expense?

Alternatively you could pickup an 8.1 or TPX for dedicated pistol play.
i already own an 8.1, im looking for a slightly more sholderable marker(pistol is fun but i like pistols as side arms as i need some thing to help me aim)
Quote:
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Old 05-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadders View Post
i already own an 8.1, im looking for a slightly more sholderable marker(pistol is fun but i like pistols as side arms as i need some thing to help me aim)
Well shoot in that case what are you waiting for ... 9.1 has your name all over it:

- Already have a reason to keep the magazine compatibility on the Tiberius line
- Already know how to maintain them
- Barrels or Parts kits you pickup will be useful for both the 8.1 and 9.1
- Likely already have a vest/pouch system to hold Tiberius magazines in-game

Here I was thinking you were new to limited paint play, or might have been picking up your first marker. Doh. Unless there's something fundamental about the 8.1 you don't like other then it's lack of stock stay in the family.

As far as which 9.1 to pickup...
- Either the CQB or Ranger will do you well for paint play. One thing to keep in mind though: The ranger can either be rifle style or an extra short "cqb" style (pistol length barrel + birdcage tip + stock) out of the box. The CQB model can't change it's overall barrel length without purchasing additional barrel tips. The price is so close though, go with whichever strikes your fancy.
- The scope on the Elite would be more of a hindrance than a help if not using First Strikes.
- The barrel on the new "Sniper" version is ONLY for first strikes. Regular paint will get shredded.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tiberius Arms